Author Topic: Kwickset 910 working but logging and alert issues  (Read 199 times)

Offline RonV42

Kwickset 910 working but logging and alert issues
« on: January 29, 2018, 06:49:12 am »
I installed a Kwickset 910 smart connect lock and paired it with the Vera Plus and it all works great.  Was able to add pins though the Vera settings with no problem.  Testing the lock when a person entered their pin to lock or unlock the door an entry would be  in the log of the lock in the dashboard. 

Then the next day the nothing was being logged and when you used a pin it would send a dashboard alert that the status of the lock has changed.  I contacted support and they looked around and said the alert would always be there even though I turned off all alerts for the lock. 

The problem now is that I have all these alerts on the Vera every time the lock is used with pin and nothing logged about who locks or unlocks with pin.  Is there something that can be configured to bring back the pin used logging but not the device changed alerts?

Thanks

Offline alastorginn@gmail.com

Re: Kwickset 910 working but logging and alert issues
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 09:38:06 am »
I have often paid attention that many users have problems with smart lock in this or that control system of the house. How to determine the exact compatibility, how to choose the best smart lock, to avoid the unpleasant moments. The door lock is not a lamp, the lock is much more important especially in terms of house security.

Offline tomtcom

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 09:00:55 pm »
Try to configure alerts to SMS or the phone. The pin code doesn't show up in the UI. This is due to the sl_UserCode variable not logging.

I have a kwikset 910 and tried to leverage this variable with tasker and autovera but it wouldn't register.

I believe at one time many firmwares ago it did.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Offline RonV42

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 01:25:44 pm »
Thanks that explains why the logging went away.  After installing the lock and tested I backed up and did a firmware update.  Another thing I found out is how low powered battery operated devices really are.  I had to buy a zwave plug in module to get reliable control even though the Vera is just in the next room.

Offline tomtcom

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 08:01:36 pm »
Thanks that explains why the logging went away.  After installing the lock and tested I backed up and did a firmware update.  Another thing I found out is how low powered battery operated devices really are.  I had to buy a zwave plug in module to get reliable control even though the Vera is just in the next room.
Yep, I moved my Vera too, this lock sucks and is quite old. But good locks can be expensive so I wait till I truly need it.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk