Author Topic: Possible bug (scene editing) - Luup code for scene (Vera Plus)  (Read 1722 times)

Offline reneboer

Re: Possible bug (scene editing) - Luup code for scene (Vera Plus)
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2018, 05:30:01 am »
Hi,

They had issues with handling "special" characters before in UI7. Typically ones that are special in HTML. Just a bit of poor coding if you ask me. In those cases a special character in one scene could impact a number of others as well as a file storing all got "corrupted" so the read routines would not be able to read back the LUA code for you to edit. This made it especially hard to isolate the one scene causing the issue. However, back then the scenes LUA was stored in plain text so at least you could find the problematic one by looking at the user data. To remediate the special character issue they now encode the LUA code in the user data so you cannot read it that way anymore.

[update] If you want to centralize all your Scenes code you start with what I put together. You can plugin your scenes LUA in the ScenesCode_1 table. Note that is you want to use luup.call_delay or luup.call_timer you cannot put that code in the ScenesCode_1 table, but have to add those functions to the end of the file else they will not be visible to the LUA compiler.

Success, Rene

BTW, I just found a trick to get all you scenes code, but use at your own risk. Make a backup of your Vera before you try.
All scenes LUA code are loaded with the Start up LUA. If you deliberately put an error in the start up lua you will see a readable dump of all your scenes code in the log file. If you already have the Error in LUA for Scenes at startup you will see the dump as well.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 05:10:55 am by reneboer »
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline Thorden

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2018, 02:22:37 am »
Support reached out to me with a firmware downgrade link this weekend. Applied it yesterday, all back to normal again regarding code in scenes.

However, it seems like my frequent restarts are back. Will monitor it closely.

Offline Corve

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2018, 02:45:11 pm »
For me, 2 request and no answer from support... Sinc?res at least 1 week!

Edit : Support answer me the 2 times. But there mails was considered as spam by my mailbox. Apologize about this.

They consider this as a bug. So I will try to downgrade soon.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 04:14:07 am by Corve »

Offline ceel

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2018, 02:57:47 pm »
Same problem here. Longer scenes with lots of logic in cannot be edited. The scenes still run, but I cannot edit code. Since the most recent firmware finally added the Fibaro FGS-223 I had to reinstall these - and they are now working fine, so a firmware downgrade is really not what i want.
But if the have acknowledged this as a bug, can we hope for a fix in the next firmware version? I can hold up on editing my scenes for a bit more as long as I know i get a working version.
Really crappy behaviour though introducing this kind of bug to a very central function of the Vera. >:(

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2018, 05:38:06 am »
This is ready for QA and will be part of 7.26 (next) firmware. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7

Offline Thorden

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2018, 05:58:55 am »
Hi,

Any news or information about when the new firmware will be available?

Thanks!

Offline Thorden

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2018, 03:13:02 am »
The new Firmware did NOT solve the issue for me.
 :(

You are running the latest version 1.7.3831

Offline Corve

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2018, 03:05:30 pm »
I have the same behavior with the latest firmware  :(

Offline rafale77

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2018, 06:51:48 pm »
Wow, I have seen this a long time ago (about 10 versions ago) and thought it was fixed. How can something this simple, saving plain text and editing it, be so messed up? Is it related to the lzo compression of the user-json where these are stored?
openLuup (97 devices, 134 scenes, 20 apps) controlling HomeAss + VeraPlus (131 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 199 devices, 20 scenes , 2 app) Bridged to Homekit and Alexa

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2018, 06:43:08 am »

I'm sorry to hear this, but if you're convinced this is not some residual code from back when it was a bug, please submit tickets to our Customer Care team.
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

Offline rafale77

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2018, 10:54:10 am »

I'm sorry to hear this, but if you're convinced this is not some residual code from back when it was a bug, please submit tickets to our Customer Care team.

Sorin, by the way when I had this problem, I could actually read and edit the code on ALTUI so... It was really not a problem with the data itself until you would save it with UI7. It is a decoding issue.
openLuup (97 devices, 134 scenes, 20 apps) controlling HomeAss + VeraPlus (131 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 199 devices, 20 scenes , 2 app) Bridged to Homekit and Alexa

Offline Thorden

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2018, 01:08:24 am »
I submitted a ticket to support a week and a half ago.
They responded quickly and told me to decode it using Base64decode.org, then replace the coded text with the decoded one in the scene.
I replied that I have 80 scenes, and that is a lot of work. It worked in the version I upgraded from, and it is a known issue that should have been resolved already. They replied that it had been reported to the development team, I haven't heard back since.

This is obviously a decoding issue, and a bug.

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2018, 06:29:12 am »
Thanks, everyone for the reports.
I'm not saying it's not a bug, but the fact that any new logged report, through Customer Care will raise the priority.