Author Topic: Plug-in Remote Switches  (Read 132 times)

Offline TisDone

Plug-in Remote Switches
« on: February 02, 2018, 10:58:58 am »
Greetings -

I can't seem to locate a product that does what I want:  A plug-in-the wall for remote switch.  Something that does the same job as a Aeotec Wallmote quad - but rather than have a battery that needs to be recharged, something that plugs in the wall for always on power. 

Back in the X-10 days such a thing was common - something Like Radio Shack Part 61-2677B.  Don't really need All-on/All-off/Dim buttons that unit offered, but just something that could plug in for power and then have scenes assigned to each button would be wonderful.

Form factor of either wall mount or sit on a desk would be fine, just as long as it plugs in and has 2 to 8 buttons that can be assigned different scenes.

Does such a thing exist?

Offline cc4005

Re: Plug-in Remote Switches
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 11:24:51 am »
I've been interested in something like this as well. Aeotec has announced a new remote that says it's USB rechargeable. Don't know whether that means it can remain plugged in all the time and operate that way.

Offline HSD99

Re: Plug-in Remote Switches
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 11:45:00 am »
A powered wall-mount remote would be nice. I've had great results, however, from the Remotec ZRC-90  battery-powered (2 x AAA) remote. It's supported in UI7, including multiple taps and long press. My unit was installed on December 26, 2016, and the battery level is at 82% over a year later.  It's been rock-solid for me. Search the forum for useful setup info.