We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Water shut off valve  (Read 26340 times)

Offline bd8134

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Water shut off valve
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2013, 06:12:37 pm »
I believe it would change the mode of the water valve itself. In the Fortezz manual it does say they support changing the mode with the correct commands.
I could not say for sure though.

Offline tvipond

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2013, 12:46:43 am »
Thank so much...it's fixed thanks to you. Actually it wasn't broken...dumb me just wasn't waiting the 60 minutes and I guess I need to RTFM better. I managed to change the 60 minute setting lower to try it out. Thanks again.

Offline Da_JoJo

• If something aint work, we can allways try n make
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2013, 12:41:43 am »
good thing its solved. i dont have a manual to RTFM so i didnt know about the 60 minute thing :-).
figured it makes more sense that it has open/close oppose to on/off and being a light which it isnt.
but as it has no implementation in mobile apps its probably more convinient that it is a light switch.
Vera lite (1.5.622), 2x an-158/2, dead usb pl2302 rs-232, 2x greenwave 6 port, 4x Fibaro FGD211 v1.6, FGBS001, few FGS - 221, etc. AuthomationHD 3 for android :-)
Dutch & German translator http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Special:AllPages http://support.micasaverde.com http://domotica-shop.nl

Offline hotwater9

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2013, 07:53:54 am »

I am not sure but I may have been in water level mode all the time, but I was never able to remotely open the valve.
You can check from Vera I believe what mode the valve is running in...
Go to Device Options from your Vera water valve device.
Click 'Add configuration settings', enter 0 - monitor only - 0.
Hit the X to close the device settings box and save the settings to load it.
Go back into the device, Device Options, and read what value the valve has returned.
If the value is 255 it is running in water level mode, 0 it is running water alarm.
You can also change the valves mode from this screen also..
'Add configuration setting', 0 - 1 byte hex - "0 or FF"
Also read the Fortrezz water valve documentation, page 6 in mine,
".... but will also open when receiving a Basic Set Command after a pre-configured delay (default=60 minutes)"
Maybe the delay is causing you not to open the valve.
Have you tried after 60 minutes?
You can also change this value to another value in device options like above.

I am not following these instructions. When done, should I have two configurations? I changed urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:BinaryLight:1 to urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:Relay:1 and the D_BinaryLight1.xml to D_Relay1.xmll in the advanced tab and the device is now setup as a relay and displaying "Open" and "close" like I want. I am still only able to open the valve with Vera, I have tried setting the Variable to "0", Data size to "1 byte hex" and desired vale to "0" and to "FF" but have had no luck. I know I am in the wrong mode because the valve will close when the local sensor detects water.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 09:06:38 am by hotwater9 »

Offline bd8134

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2013, 09:06:26 am »
"I am not following these instructions."
I am not sure what you are trying to do, new valve, what mode do you want to use it in?

"When done, should I have two configurations?" 
No. It is the same valve but you can operate it in different ways.

"I have the type set to urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:Relay:1 with D_Relay1.xml and I have tried setting the Variable to "0", Data size to "1 byte hex" and desired vale to "0" and to "FF" but have had no luck."
Same settings as mine. No luck at what?
After you have set the value do you see if the valve had accepted the change?

"I want the valve to say "open" and "closed"."
Mine says Open and Closed with the symbol of a lamp.
Maybe a different version of Vera?
Does the valve open or close?
What does device show up as, does it say on and off?

Offline hotwater9

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2013, 09:12:15 am »
bd8134 - Thanks for the reply. Sorry if I was not clear or if I modified my above post while you were replying. I want to be able to open and close the valev with vera. It is my understanding that I need to be in "Water Level Mode" mode to do this. Is this correct?

Other than being able to open the valve in vera (I can close it) everything is working and displaying like I want.

Offline bd8134

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2013, 09:32:11 am »
Ah ok. :)
You need to verify what mode you are running in first.
Follow these instructions. You need to be in water level mode and the wired probe on the valve will not work.

You can check from Vera I believe what mode the valve is running in...
Go to Device Options from your Vera water valve device.
Click 'Add configuration settings', enter 0 - monitor only - 0.
Go back into the device, Device Options, and read what value the valve has returned.
If the value is 255 it is running in water level mode, 0 it is running water alarm.
You can also change the valves mode from this screen also..
'Add configuration setting', 0 - 1 byte hex - "0 or FF"
Also read the Fortrezz water valve documentation, page 6 in mine,
".... but will also open when receiving a Basic Set Command after a pre-configured delay (default=60 minutes)"
Maybe the delay is causing you not to open the valve.
Have you tried after 60 minutes?
You can also change this value to another value in device options like above.

The device default is 60 minutes until you can open the valve over zwave, the switch on the valve will still work.
Tvipond in this thread wanted the same mode as yourself and he was able to change to a value less than 60 minutes.
I wanted water alarm mode so I have not tried that setting.

Offline hotwater9

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2013, 07:28:41 pm »
When I go to Device options -> add configuration settings, I can enter the vraiable "0" and select "monitor only" but am unable to enter anything in the desired value field.

Offline bucko

« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2013, 08:16:31 pm »
I'm reading this thread and sorry to learn after you all shell out $500 for a "Z-Wave" water valve, and you have all this programming trouble. For the price of that valve, it should be doing your dishes!

FYI, here is a bullet proof, under $100, solution that works. You need a security panel that talks to Vera, a KLD20S-B5 valve, and GRI-2600 water sensor. I have an Elk M1 panel, but any will do.

The GRI-2600 becomes a security zone. Use  2 relays from your panel to open or close the valve. Wire it all up, write a few PLEG rules or just make a few scenes, and you got full manual/auto control of your water main.

I actually use my Elk to control the valve via Elk rules. Vera sends me prowl alerts of conditions, and I use Homewave to work my valve manually of need be.

Been working 1+ year now like a charm.
Vera 3, 40+ Fibaro relays & dimmers, IPUX cams, Elk M1 Gold, M1XEP, M1SP, XVOR, M1RB, Elk124, Monoprice HDMI matrix & 6 zone amp, Denon AVR, Panasonic A8000, BI DV,On Controls

Offline bd8134

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2013, 09:10:52 pm »
When I go to Device options -> add configuration settings, I can enter the vraiable "0" and select "monitor only" but am unable to enter anything in the desired value field.
"monitor only" is just to query the valve to see if it is in water valve or alarm mode, it is not for changing it, you cannot enter anything.

To change mode, 'Add configuration setting', Variable - 0, Data size - 1 byte hex,  Desired Value - "0 or FF"

A quick way to see if the valve is in alarm or level mode..
If the valve is included into Vera, make the hard wired probe tips wet, if the valve operates it is alarm mode.
The valve will not do anything if it is included and running in level mode.
If the valve is not included into Vera and you make the wired tips wet, it should operate the valve.

Offline hotwater9

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2013, 11:10:12 pm »
I'm reading this thread and sorry to learn after you all shell out $500 for a "Z-Wave" water valve, and you have all this programming trouble. For the price of that valve, it should be doing your dishes!

FYI, here is a bullet proof, under $100, solution that works. You need a security panel that talks to Vera, a KLD20S-B5 valve, and GRI-2600 water sensor. I have an Elk M1 panel, but any will do.

The GRI-2600 becomes a security zone. Use  2 relays from your panel to open or close the valve. Wire it all up, write a few PLEG rules or just make a few scenes, and you got full manual/auto control of your water main.

I actually use my Elk to control the valve via Elk rules. Vera sends me prowl alerts of conditions, and I use Homewave to work my valve manually of need be.

Been working 1+ year now like a charm.
This might help others but the hardware has already been purchased and installed. The valve is was less than $400 and I am sure I will get it figured out. Setup might give me some troubles but I have really only invested less than an hour in troubleshooting.

Offline hotwater9

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2013, 11:30:56 pm »
"monitor only" is just to query the valve to see if it is in water valve or alarm mode, it is not for changing it, you cannot enter anything.

To change mode, 'Add configuration setting', Variable - 0, Data size - 1 byte hex,  Desired Value - "0 or FF"

If the valve is included into Vera, make the hard wired probe tips wet, if the valve operates it is alarm mode.
If the valve is not included into Vera and you make the wired tips wet, it should operate the valve.

bd8134 - Thanks. It returned a value of "0". I then went in and changed the desired value to "FF" and it appears to be working as desired and lists the current value as 255.

Offline bd8134

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2013, 10:13:05 am »

bd8134 - Thanks. It returned a value of "0". I then went in and changed the desired value to "FF" and it appears to be working as desired and lists the current value as 255.
Great to hear you got it working.
I presume you changed the default time value so you do not have wait for 60 minutes before opening the valve.
I leave those 2 'lines' in Device Options, the monitor and the variable, it does not seem to harm anything or stop it from working.
Your fish should have a good time now.. :D

Offline hotwater9

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2013, 09:57:24 pm »
Well it looks like I spoke too soon. I never really fully verified everything until today. The local sensor does not trigger the valve (this is not desired but is the expected behavior for the mode I am operating in, I can close the valve but when I trigger it vera gives a message that "node reports it's busy Transmit was ok" this message goes away afte a minute or so. When I try and reopen the valve I get the same message and then the stastus changes to open but the valve does not actually open?

I have "Poll this node at most once every" set to 5 and the device set up as a relay. Under device options I have Variable 0, 1 byte hex, desired value FF, current value FF. Any more ideas on what might be wrong?

Offline bd8134

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2013, 11:00:29 pm »
The hard wired / local sensor does not work when the valve is running in level mode and included.
It is also in the manual.
It does not look like you have changed the default time value, it is 60 minutes.
You will not be able to use Vera to open the valve until this time has expired when in water level mode.
This is also in the manual.