We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Completely unreliable controller  (Read 2052 times)

Offline goltoof

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Completely unreliable controller
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2018, 09:06:36 pm »
It's been 3 days.  Still no response to multiple tickets sent in.  Customer care hasn't answered the phone all day today and yesterday.  Same issues remain.  Scenes not reliably running.  Multiple scenes didn't run tonight that ran fine yesterday.  Doesn't matter how many times they tell me "we fixed something" or "we'll have to investigate"  the same... issue... remains.

And they NEVER, not once, have returned a single voicemail.

This controller, this company, is turning into a big joke.  Can anyone recommend another controller ... from a competent company?

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2018, 05:11:14 am »
@goltoof  We'd love to make things faster and we're sorry if sometimes takes longer than expected.
Support is free for the entire life of your controller. This is a big thing to stand behind and the team is trying to get to everyone the fastest possible. Issues are never the same, some require a 10 minutes work, some require days or weeks, but they are ALWAYS resolving tickets.

I have checked, and someone has worked on your unit today.
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7

Offline resq93

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2018, 08:22:21 am »
Hello there,

Giving my humble few years in the field and MiOS company, I can tell you for sure that controller unreliability cannot be ever associated with ONE single reason or event(in this case a firmware upgrade). And almost never, things have started going bad all of a sudden, without no intervention or recent changes intended or unintended. Of course, all of these things can be diagnosed/troubleshoot by our Customer Care and most of the time, they also come with a solution, or, if it's a more of a "core" issue, it will be reported and fixed in an upcoming update.

The community is here to help up to a certain extent, or if enough data is provided to understand the situation. Otherwise, you can rely on our CC team. They are here for you and 100% free for the duration of the life of your controller: support@getvera.com.

I can honestly say I have not made a single change to my system for a few weeks or more. Last few days I notice many failed schedules. Logged in this AM and found 24 devices not connected! Most are z wave plus and all are brand new. I have been on the new chipset for some time now and things were ok. I will have to find the time to reach support but please don't tell us things don't just change...this isn't the first time for me.

Offline Drex

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2018, 09:33:34 pm »
I too have after 2 years of reasonable reliability have  experienced this as well, with no recourse on my veraplus.

I have uninstalled everything not being used including altui and other devices, and it happened as recently as today.

This is unacceptable as is the unavailability many times of the previously very available customer care center.