Author Topic: Working Heat Controller Thermostat Head recommendation  (Read 198 times)

Offline CristiG

Working Heat Controller Thermostat Head recommendation
« on: February 07, 2018, 12:30:06 pm »
Hi. Can you please recommand an WORKING  Heat Controller Thermostat Head for Vera Plus? I understand that FIBARO Heat Controller Thermostat Head is not supported... Danfoss LC either.
ThanK you.

Offline intveltr

Re: Working Heat Controller Thermostat Head recommendation
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 03:39:41 pm »
I have tried a few: StellaZ, Danfoss LC13, and older Danfoss version.
- StellaZ: works, but drains the batteries rather quickly, and I found the way they mounted onto the radiator to be very flimsy.  I sold these
- Older Danfoss: AVOID: they have numerous issues and not just with Vera.  I stopped using them (didn't sell them, no one deserves that kind of aggravation)
- Danfoss LC13: Currently I have 7 of these around the house.  With some tweaking they actually work fairly well: I set the wakeup interval to the lowest allowable value and use an external power supply.

With that said, I would really advise to hold out for support for the new Fibaro units.  I just got one of them a few days ago, didn't install it yet (no point) but I'm nevertheless impressed
- They are cute and small