Author Topic: Fibaro RGBW do away with ramp  (Read 253 times)

Offline Drewscm

Fibaro RGBW do away with ramp
« on: February 07, 2018, 11:05:25 pm »
Hi

I have a Fibaro RGBW that I want to control a relay board with but there is a ramp built into the output so when I switch to ON, I can hear the relay coil ramp up. Is there a way to setup the RGBW controller to turn ON and OFF imediately?

Thanks

Offline HSD99

Re: Fibaro RGBW do away with ramp
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 11:35:34 pm »
Yes. If you don't have a copy, go to the Fibaro website and download the PDF of the manual at https://manuals.fibaro.com/content/manuals/en/FGRGBWM-441/FGRGBWM-441-EN-A-v1.1.pdf.

Under XIII Advanced configuration, find Parameter 11. Time for changing from start to end value

Parameter 11: time for changing from start to end value = 500sec
11. Time for changing from start to end value
Default setting: 67 (3s)  <---------- what you have now
0 - immediate change  <------ what you want
Parameter size: 1[byte]

In Vera, go to your RGBW device and open Device Options------>Add configuration settings. The system will show you a configuration setting page. Make the following changes:

Variable         Data Size      Desired Value
11                 1-byte dec            0

and hit the Save Changes button. Vera will send that to the RGBW device and reload. When the reload is finished, go back and look at the config settings. You should see parameter 11 is now 0 and your ramp should now be an instant on/off.

The Fibaro device is complex with a lots of user configuration settings.  Note the warning from Vera: Warning: Altering or deleting the configuration settings can make your device unresponsive. Please modify them if you know what you are doing or consult the device manual before doing it.