We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Logitech Squeezebox setup and app "Missing Port" error  (Read 4231 times)

Offline JFalc

• Sr. Newbie
Logitech Squeezebox setup and app "Missing Port" error
« on: February 20, 2014, 03:49:50 pm »
I am new to Vera.  I have a Vera 3 and several squeezeboxes.

I have been able to setup my TV / Receiver and other devices with Vera but keep having problems with the Squeezeboxes.   

My setup..

UI5
  Vera 3
 Logitech Media Service running (from a synology device)
 Squeezebox boom, duet, radio == all work fine.

The squeezeboxes are all hooked up (with static Ips) to the non-vera main router.   I do not use the VERA for routing...just as an add on to my router.

I have installed the SQUEEZEBOX CONTROL app and I get the 'server' device come up and I have read and read the forums and see it needs to be port 9090 and but I keep getting "missing port".  It sort of half works but really doesnt.

Is there a step by step way to set this up in UI5.      Many of the prior posts are from years ago and I can not get past this missing port problem.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,
John

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
Re: Logitech Squeezebox setup and app "Missing Port" error
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 08:06:38 am »
Did you download the plugin from the app store? If so, you'll need to see this thread and download the files from the post and upload them to your Vera. The version from the app store is outdated.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,9451.msg140226.html#msg140226

- Garrett

Offline JFalc

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 11:11:10 am »

Yes, I did download the app from the app store and realize from your thread link that was a mistake on my part.

I am new to this and did not realize there was a more updated version I should use.   I will try it with this newer version.  Thank you so much for the quick reply.   I am very much looking forward to getting the squeezeboxes working with Vera.

Thanks again.
-John

Offline JFalc

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 04:58:16 pm »
The updated program you pointed me to recognized all the Squeezeboxes. 
All works great.   
Thank you very much for your assistance.

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 12:43:14 pm »
Hi

How do you install the updated Squeezebox plugin? Its a zip file, do I just upload the zip to Vera in the Apps - Develop Apps - Luup Files?

I was using version 1.0 of the Squeezebox plugin and I also previously had to upload a newer I_SqueezeboxControl1.xml file which fixed the missing port error.

What plugin version is this zip file ? Why hasn't the one in the app store been updated.

I just deleted the Squeezebox Control device by accident and this removed the version 1.0 plugin from my Vera. Trying to get it back again now.

Many Thanks.

EDIT: Sounds like I should have the original v1.0 plugin installed first, then extract the files in the zip and upload all those files to vera overwriting any existing files, that right?

EDIT2: OK I went ahead and did that the plugin still says its v1.0 however the Squeezebox player devices now look totally different and have a load of new buttons and features that I never had before! Looks good..

Even better I can now control the Squeezebox devices in the Authomation HD app, I could never do that before. Very nice!

« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 01:08:31 pm by cw-kid »

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 01:44:30 pm »
The app store version and the updated version that I provided are similar, but different in many ways. You need to unzip the zip file and upload each file to Vera.

The reason the app store version has not been updated is because I am not the original developer of the plug-in and didn't own the plug-in at the time. I believe ownership has been transferred to me in the last few months. I have not had time to check or update it.

- Garrett

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2014, 01:51:20 pm »
Hi Garrett

OK many thanks for the information. The updated version I have just installed is much much better than the old one!

Cheers

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2014, 02:41:31 pm »
One thing I notice, if I sync together two squeezeboxes so they are playing the same album etc, in Vera looking at the devices my Kitchen squeezebox shows the correct track name of the currently playing song, but the living room squeezebox does not. The living room squeezebox device in Vera is still showing the track that was playing before I synced the two rooms together. When in fact both squeezeboxes are now playing the same track but only one seems to know this.

Otherwise everything seems to be working great so far!

Thanks

« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 02:50:43 pm by cw-kid »

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2014, 04:32:50 pm »
I just saw what looks to be an old wiki page here

It mentions you can setup some camera device to display the album artwork, interesting idea would it still work?

"Displaying cover art for the current song

1. Create new camera device(s) for the room(s) equipped with Squeezebox(es)
2. Configure the new camera device(s):
IP address: IP address and port of your Squeezebox Server (<ip address>:<port number>)
Path: music/current/cover.jpg?player=<MAC address> (replace <MAC address> with the MAC address of the player; IP address should work too)
Example Screen Shot"

Thanks