Author Topic: Firmware 7.25  (Read 7315 times)

Online amg0

• Sr. Hero Member
Re: Firmware 7.25
« Reply #120 on: January 30, 2018, 05:56:52 am »
Yeah, I already knew that PLEG and AltUI were not compatible. As much as I like PLEG, I am only using it to perform basic logic evaluations and I was hoping that AltUI offered similar functionality. I spent some time looking at the forums and the French Users Manual but could not grasp the workflow. Until I can get my hands on the full (registered) interface I can only assume that I can duplicate my existing logic.
I'm ready to accept the learning curve, and willing to start simple. Once I understand the methodology I can build on it to restore my system to its original performance.

That was, and still is my original question; is AltUI capable of logic control similar to PLEG and can AltUI use Vera as the controller while running the logic within AltUI.
The Vera controller would be basically naked, except for devices.

ALTUI has a client part and a server part. the client part is really just the UI with a few extra goodies compared to std UI7 but it does not run any logic.
The server side part ( is a VERA plugin in fact ) runs various logic which are not provided by std VERA like workflows, variable triggers, reboot resistant timers , IFTTT integration as a trigger , pushing data values to persistent storages etc
Workflows are described in the workflow post under the subforum http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/board,78.0.html
it is in english , with some provided examples

Offline elo

• Sr. Newbie
Disaster upgrading to Firmware 7.25
« Reply #121 on: January 31, 2018, 01:40:13 pm »
Upgraded my Vera 3 to 1.7.1017. First issue was lack of space so had to reset to factory defaults and apply last backup. The upgrade seemed to go OK but when getting back online ALL my Z-Wave devices are gone. Left was Harmony Hub and Philips Hue hub and lights. I have tried to use a more previous backup but with the same result.  I have two Veras ion my house and during the last 6 months I have had a lot of trouble with new firmware and i am fed up with this to be honest. Further the online help on the issue of lack of memory is directly wrong . IT SHOWS a button alternative which is not there as for my Vera there was no alternative to start the upgrade when the unit reported out of memory.

I have no idea on how to fix the issue. It seems that the logical expressions in PLEG is present using the UIDs valid for the previous FW.
Anyone know where i can find links to previous SW versions?

Offline MtView

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #122 on: January 31, 2018, 02:03:11 pm »
The same thing happened to me when I had to do a restore. Make sure you check restore z wave network before restoring. If the devices are still gone power cycle the unit. Also make sure you are signed in. My devices didn't come back until I power cycled the unit but they did come back.

Offline elo

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #123 on: January 31, 2018, 04:14:03 pm »
Thanks.. I did power cycle the unit and the tick-mark for restoring the network is on (although grayed?). I did a downgrade and even that did not bring the devices back!

I will try another time and pay attention to your advice

Offline elo

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #124 on: January 31, 2018, 04:46:25 pm »
This is embarrassing... Thanks for your reply as I had forgot to activate restore z wave network. It works fine now and I have restored my faith in Vera....

Offline vosmont

« Reply #125 on: February 02, 2018, 04:39:40 pm »
VeraEdge 1.7.3500.

api.performActionOnDevice is broken.

Utils.ajaxRequest set variable headers to "", and jQuery.ajax is in error :" DOMException: Failed to execute 'setRequestHeader' on 'XMLHttpRequest'"

All my plugins are broken.

Offline reneboer

« Reply #126 on: February 03, 2018, 10:24:51 am »
Hi Vosmont,

I did a test with one of my plugins that has this call:
Code: [Select]
function doReload(deviceID) {
api.performActionOnDevice(0, "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1", "Reload", {});
}
Using Firefox and Chrome it is working.

Cheers Rene
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 10:27:07 am by reneboer »
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline vosmont

« Reply #127 on: February 04, 2018, 07:43:07 am »
Can you test that in your browser console ?

Code: [Select]
api.performActionOnDevice(198, "urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1", "SetTarget", { actionArguments: { newTargetValue: 1}, onFailure: function(err) { console.log(err); } });

It does not work on my VeraEdge (in local)

Offline Sammy2

« Reply #128 on: February 06, 2018, 02:39:41 pm »
With a little help from my friends at Vera support (Juan Pablo and Brian) I'm happy to report everything is running fine on my VeraPlus on f/w 7.25.01..

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #129 on: February 06, 2018, 08:18:06 pm »
Glad to hear - you were having some serious issues.
Vera 3, 1.7.1030, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual/Multi Switch, Weatherunderground, LB60Z-1 bulb

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
« Reply #130 on: February 07, 2018, 06:25:27 am »
VeraEdge 1.7.3500.

api.performActionOnDevice is broken.

Utils.ajaxRequest set variable headers to "", and jQuery.ajax is in error :" DOMException: Failed to execute 'setRequestHeader' on 'XMLHttpRequest'"

All my plugins are broken.

@vosmont, you have a PM from me.

With a little help from my friends at Vera support (Juan Pablo and Brian) I'm happy to report everything is running fine on my VeraPlus on f/w 7.25.01..

Our team is grateful to see your feedback. Thank you Sammy!
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7