Author Topic: New Dashboard Display  (Read 888 times)

Offline Nameless

New Dashboard Display
« on: February 09, 2018, 01:43:15 pm »
Just a suggestion for upcoming UI versions, but I would really like a proper Dashboard layout that would look nice on a wall mounted tablet. I wasn't quick enough to get Imperihome prior to them moving subscription based. This would be a great feature to have as a built-in option.

Sorry, the Dashboard in UI7 is just too ugly. I don't need a big scrolling page. I'd prefer a widget style layout.

Sent from my LGUS992 using Tapatalk

Offline otolosa

• Sr. Newbie
Re: New Dashboard Display
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 03:59:44 pm »
Totally Agree

This layout is too big and has too much useless information.

Small icons with small indicators, and expandable widgets.....sounds (imho) like a much better interface.

Offline svaleb

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 04:40:39 pm »
Something like....UI5. YES !!

Offline tk41

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 04:05:25 pm »
Imperihome is a good UI to model on, Action Tiles for SmartThings is also good.  Simple, customisable, shows what the user asks for and only what the user asks for.  No messages, no acres of headers / logos, no modes.  Just the scenes and devices that I want to see.

VCL did reply to a Facebook post of mine about the (lack of any useful) dashboard capability in their mobile app and said that it's something they're working on.  No more detail than that, though... perhaps someone from VCL would like to open up a bit about it, we could even help to test it!  Colin?  Marc?

Online akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 05:25:55 pm »
So something like AltUI provides, then?
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline sebby

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 08:59:41 am »

Wish Vera would just bite the bullet and make AltUI the default interface...

Offline Nameless

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2018, 10:43:15 pm »

I really need to give this a try again. I used AltUI a while back, but removed it due to a bug in my Vera Plus that I was trying to fix. Never added it back to play around.