Author Topic: Disabling the Firmware Upgrade screen  (Read 1173 times)

Offline Pshomectrl

• Sr. Newbie
Disabling the Firmware Upgrade screen
« on: February 10, 2018, 01:34:51 pm »
Hi Vera, hello comunity.
For several years now i am using Vera. First Vera Lite and now for some 3 years i am using Vera Edge. After some ups an downs, i realy love it an it works, also with the comunitys help,  realy fine.
The only thing i hate is the Firmware Upgrade screen which  appears during every start of Vera. It not only appears at first session, but it also appears after every Tab jumping inside the browser.
Yeah. I know.  Firmware Upgrades are important for several reason. And i do Firmware Upgrades if i have the time or if i am in the mood to do.
Therefore.....is it possible to disable this screen? May be, by thicking am box or how ever.
I realy would be happy to s see this screen in maximum only once each session. Or even less.
Thanks for reading this post and thanks fir ideas of helps.
Regards from icecold switzerland, Paul

Offline reneboer

Re: Disabling the Firmware Upgrade screen
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 06:59:59 am »
Hi Paul,

You can ask support to disable the upgrade notifications for your system. Use the Contact customer care option on your Vera.  Note that you then will not get any and have to check your self once in a while.

Cheers Rene
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline gtallan

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 10:18:46 am »
I really wish MCV would re-think this firmware nag though. Either only show us the screen once for a given firmware release, or post a notification instead. Or even use one of these status panes at the top of the dashboard. Being forced to the firmware update page every time is really annoying.

Offline Pshomectrl

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 01:43:39 pm »
Hi boys.
Thanks for response.
Do we realy have to write to vera support for this stuff?
I hate it that nobody from vera is reading this forum.
Ok, for now, i will write a support ticket.
Will see what happens.
Have a nice weekend.
Paul

Offline wilme2

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 02:40:18 pm »
Yep!
Long Live UI5!  (OK finally made the switch to UI7 in January 2018, and am pretty happy....)

Offline zedrally

• Black Cat Control Systems
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2018, 05:06:46 pm »
There is a os execute command that does this.
For the life of me I can't find the thread that that had it and it was so simple as it only needed to be run once through the Test Luup code window.
Hopefully someone else can find this and perhaps have it "stickied"
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, Fantem Tec and then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, RFXComm, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline asterix406

Offline zedrally

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2018, 06:11:34 pm »
That isn't the method I used, although it works you need to SSH into the unit.
The method I used only needed the os command to be run once in the Test Luup window.
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, Fantem Tec and then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, RFXComm, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Online HSD99

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2018, 06:21:45 pm »
Wrap the command as shown below and run it in the Test LUUP Code (Lua) window in Develop Apps:

os.execute( 'cat /overlay/etc/cmh/version > /overlay/etc/cmh/version_latest' )

or use the  OsCommand function in ALTUI and paste  cat /overlay/etc/cmh/version > /overlay/etc/cmh/version_latest   into the OS COmmand window.

Online HSD99

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2018, 07:27:01 pm »
Wrap the command as shown below and run it in the Test LUUP Code (Lua) window in Develop Apps:

os.execute( 'cat /overlay/etc/cmh/version > /overlay/etc/cmh/version_latest' )

or use the  OsCommand function in ALTUI and paste  cat /overlay/etc/cmh/version > /overlay/etc/cmh/version_latest   into the OS COmmand window.

I've noticed that this is not a permanent solution. Vera seems to reach out on a daily basis to re-write the update version file and the nag comes back.

Offline kartcon

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2018, 08:18:40 pm »

Online HSD99

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2018, 08:29:12 pm »
Yup, that's the one. This one works and won't get reset by Vera on a daily basis. It will, however, get overwritten on the next firmware upgrade or restoration from a back-up done before the edit.

Offline V3r4

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2018, 12:14:23 am »