We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: SQ Remote on Iphone and Schlage Lock Control  (Read 3904 times)

Offline myhomeserver

• http://www.MyZwave.net
SQ Remote on Iphone and Schlage Lock Control
« on: April 06, 2011, 07:45:43 am »
Hey All, I finally installed a Vera2 at my first client's house the other night with a Schlage deadbolt.  Vera2 is up to the latest Beta 1.1.1234 and working great.  The Client uses an Iphone, so I suggested SQRemote.  We downloaded from the Apple Store, installed it, it found Vera2 and I can see the lock, but where is the "control" options and status for the lock?

Any help would be appreciated, I'm a Droid uses and homebuddy was so simple, but I just can't figure out if we need to get the SQ Remote Free version or do we need to buy the $29.99 version?

thanks for the help
MyZWave.net - See Our Z-Wave product Reviews
(formerly MyHomeServer)

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
Re: SQ Remote on Iphone and Schlage Lock Control
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 09:38:15 am »
The free version is just for proof of concept / trial, so you could use that with a single device type to check it out.

If you like it and want to control everything, you'll need to give the SquareConnect guys some money.  :)
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline myhomeserver

• http://www.MyZwave.net
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 10:34:19 am »
ok, so there is no way to actually see what it can display or control about the lock?  All is has is a label, but no status or control options. So if we buy the $29 dollar version, we can actually control the lock, "open/close" and see the status?

thanks for the help, I just hate to steer my client to the $29 version and have it not be able to control the lock

MyZWave.net - See Our Z-Wave product Reviews
(formerly MyHomeServer)

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 10:47:24 am »
ok, so there is no way to actually see what it can display or control about the lock?  
I don't know specifically for the lock. AFAIK, you should be able to control a single device (class) in full with the free version. So all your dimmers, or all your thermostats, etc.

All is has is a label, but no status or control options. So if we buy the $29 dollar version, we can actually control the lock, "open/close" and see the status?
Specifically for the lock, I haven't tried to see what functionality is supported in the free version. It may be different. I'll try tonight, if there is no feedback from other folks.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 10:50:47 am by oTi@ »

Offline SquareConnectMat

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 05:29:47 pm »
@myhomeserver

There are two mios control types that can be used with locks.

The first is in "Mios->Door Controls" and allows you to place a button that will lock/unlock a door. It also shows the current status of the door lock.

The second is the "mios->status labels" and has a text label that will be updated witht he status of the lock.

The free version should allow you to try both *locally* on your customers LAN, but to use it remotely, you need to purchase the full features from inside the app. This license fee will cover upto five iOS devices connected to that iTunes account.

We recommend making sure you use WPA2 (AES/AES) for you clients wifi network when there are door locks and vera on the network as the other security protocols are not secure (WEP in particular takes no skill other than the ability to google and around 2 mins tops to 'crack'). We also recommend making sure the iPhone uses the builtin passcode lock on the iPhone whcich can be set in the iPhone->settings->general area of the iphone.

Hope this helps!

Mat

Offline SquareConnectJohn

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 05:42:53 pm »
In the free version you will only be abel to try out one control type at a time. (I Bellevue the status label control counts as a separate control type). You can try them all (except scenes) - but you need to reset the control type if you want to try a second type.

John
Square Connect Co-Founder

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 07:20:40 pm »
Specifically for the lock, I haven't tried to see what functionality is supported in the free version. It may be different. I'll try tonight, if there is no feedback from other folks.
Tried it in the free version. It works. You can see the status and lock/unlock.