Author Topic: Trane Thermostats and Leviton Scene Controllers  (Read 3392 times)

Offline berylium

Trane Thermostats and Leviton Scene Controllers
« on: March 08, 2011, 12:18:10 am »
I have a Good Night scene and a Good Morning scene both of which I created in UI4 1047 on my Vera 2 and both of which do only one thing: change the heating and cooling temperatures on my Trane thermostats.

When I run these scenes from UI4 they work without issue.  However, when I assign the scenes to any of my Leviton 4 button scene controllers (or even a 1 button scene controller), they refuse to run.  The LED lights up for an instant on the controller to indicate a button press but the temperatures never change on the thermostats.

Is there any reason a Leviton scene controller can’t run a scene that changes a thermostat temperature?

thanks in advance for any responses,

berylium

Offline ASIHome

Re: Trane Thermostats and Leviton Scene Controllers
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 10:10:31 am »
Do you have it setup so that the button press controls a scene in Vera or is it trying to directly talk to the devices?

Offline berylium

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 01:44:09 pm »
ASIHome,

I did not program the scene controllers to talk directly to the thermostats.  I created the scenes in UI4 1047 on my Vera 2 then I edited my scene controller devices, also in UI4, and added the scenes to a button on the scene controllers.  When I save the scene controller devices show those buttons linked to the scenes, however, pressing those buttons on the controllers does nothing.

-berylium

Offline ASIHome

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 02:23:17 pm »
What scene numbers are you using? Some of the Leviton's use 1,2,3,4 and some use 0,1,2,3.

Offline berylium

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 02:30:12 pm »
I have four 4 button scene controllers and one 1 button scene controller, all Leviton.  According to the SceneShortcuts and Scenes variables each controller starts with button 1.  I don’t see a button 0 anywhere.

-berylium

Offline gasongasoff

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 02:37:14 pm »
That's weird. I have an identical configuration -- trane thermostat, vera 2, leviton switches -- and I am able to use a leviton 4-button scene controller to activate a scene (originally configured in UI4) that turns on lights and sets the thermostat. It works 100% of the time. So it doesn't sound like a hardware incompatibility.

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 03:07:32 pm »
I have four 4 button scene controllers and one 1 button scene controller, all Leviton.  According to the SceneShortcuts and Scenes variables each controller starts with button 1.  I don’t see a button 0 anywhere.
Have you re-included the scene controller on Vera?
Dezwaved at the moment...