Author Topic: Schlage IP cameras finally work with Vera  (Read 74600 times)

Offline MP_777

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Schlage IP cameras finally work with Vera
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2011, 12:32:02 am »
In your first post you say you can see the camera in the upgrade utility.

I am assuming you can't see the camera. Did you try to connect the camera and laptop using a router? Do you have DHCP enabled on your router? I would try the other network adapters listed when the program starts. On my old laptop the wired adapter was called something like mobile connection.

Offline salbanal

« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2011, 09:07:11 am »
MP,

Sorry, that was a typo.  I can't see them in the flash utility (fixed the previous post).

I tried to connect through a router w/dhcp and directly through a switch with a fixed IP.  No luck.  Just tried at work with another laptop and still the same.

When the program starts, it list my wired LAN card, wireless card, and 1394 connection.  I tried both wired and wireless with same results.

Offline MP_777

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2011, 10:04:30 am »
The way I got the Upgrade Utility to work for me was by using a router and connecting both the laptop and camera using ethernet. There was no other computers connected to the router. I am not sure if this made it easier for the program to find the camera but it worked for me.

If you want to see if the camera is working you can try connecting to the camera by going to http://***camera IP***/img/video.mjpeg. I was able to do this before the firmware upgrade.

Offline salbanal

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2011, 10:28:01 am »
MP,

How did you find out the IP address before you flashed it?

Also, I just tried on a desktop with XP SP3 and same results:(

Offline oTi@

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2011, 10:33:51 am »
[...]If you want to see if the camera is working you can try connecting to the camera by going to http://***camera IP***/img/video.mjpeg. I was able to do this before the firmware upgrade.
I thought the whole point of re-flashing the cameras with generic FW is to get around the activation with the Schlage FW.

Did you get a used camera, or a camera that was used with the Schlage LiNK service?
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline MP_777

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2011, 10:51:24 am »
It was new since the seal on the box wasn't broken. When I connected the camera to my router before the attempting to upgrade the firmware, I was able to go to my router and see the ip address. Since I was having problems with the upgrade utility I tried to connect to the camera. It would give me an error message when I tried to connect to the console (http://*.*.*.*/) but I was able to connect to the video screen. I think Schlage locks you out of the camera management screens which the generic firmware allows you access.

Offline shady

• Beta Testers
  • This monkey knows his Window Coverings!
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2011, 11:43:17 am »
MP,

How did you find out the IP address before you flashed it?

Also, I just tried on a desktop with XP SP3 and same results:(

Are you sure you are putting the camera in Firmware Upgrade mode before searching for it on the network?  Try isolating them on the same router, with nothing else attached, connected with ethernet cables as suggested.
Vera3 1.5.346, Schlage (3)DB (2)Lever, Kwikset (1)Lever, RCS TZ43 Thermo, (2) Vizia RZI06-1LX 600W Dimmers, (17) Monster (Leviton) Dimmers (6) Monster (Leviton) IWC Scene Controllers (1) Etherrain-8, (3) HSM 100's (1)GE 3-Way set

Offline salbanal

« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2011, 01:01:14 pm »

Are you sure you are putting the camera in Firmware Upgrade mode before searching for it on the network?  Try isolating them on the same router, with nothing else attached, connected with ethernet cables as suggested.
[/quote]

Well, the power light is blinkiing and the network light is solid.  That's upgrade mode, isn't it?  Also, what is the light/button above the lens for?

When I get home, I will unplug everything from my router except the camera and laptop and see if that changes anything.

Offline shady

• Beta Testers
  • This monkey knows his Window Coverings!
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2011, 01:33:25 pm »
Well, the power light is blinkiing and the network light is solid.  That's upgrade mode, isn't it?  Also, what is the light/button above the lens for?

It sounds like you have got it right.  Just checking the obvious first, in my excitement I made the mistake of sticking the paperclip in the microphone hole at first.

The button above the lens is the Privacy button, if you had the camera in an accessible place you could hit that button to temorarily turn it off and give you some privacy.  You can disable this in the options.

It is probably some kind of IP issue, if the program installed correctly and seems to load, I think it comes down to making sure IP subnets match, or that you are choosing the right adapter when starting the program.  I used my wireless to find my camera plugged into the router FYI, so try all avenues.
Vera3 1.5.346, Schlage (3)DB (2)Lever, Kwikset (1)Lever, RCS TZ43 Thermo, (2) Vizia RZI06-1LX 600W Dimmers, (17) Monster (Leviton) Dimmers (6) Monster (Leviton) IWC Scene Controllers (1) Etherrain-8, (3) HSM 100's (1)GE 3-Way set

Offline RastusB2

• I KNEW I shouldn't have stomped those grapes!
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2011, 06:35:33 pm »
I to am having some issues with the Schlage camers, but not in flashing it. What I found on flashing it was not to rush the installing of the flash programs install.
I am running WIN XP-SP3, Mutilti-Media version.
I had to wait for 5 minutes after clicking "Install" then it finally pop up.I think All went well because it found the camera and accoprding to the post, the lights on the camera stopped blinking and went solid. I still don't know it's IP and where on MOIS to get the GENERIC Camera driver. Then I just filled in four fields under settings:

URL: img/snapshot.cgi?size=3&quality=5
username: administrator
password: <blank>
IP: <the camera's IP>
I think I need the MOIS driver to complete it.
GE/Jassco Duplex Outlets -16-, GE 3 Way Dimmer -6-, GE 2 Way Dimmers
-8-, GE Lamp Modules -6-. GE Appliance Module -8-, Leviton VRI06-1L  Vizia RF + 600W Incandescent Scene Capable Dimmer-VRI06-1LX, Schlage Dead Bolt, Schlage/Trane Thermostat, Schlage IP wired Camera -3,-Vera 3 UI5 v1.5.408

Offline oTi@

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2011, 08:40:48 pm »
It would give me an error message when I tried to connect to the console (http://*.*.*.*/) but I was able to connect to the video screen. I think Schlage locks you out of the camera management screens which the generic firmware allows you access.
But doesn't that mean that these cameras do work with Vera (at least to get a video feed), out of the box?

Offline salbanal

« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2011, 10:09:41 pm »
Well I give.  (at least for now).  Messed around for 2 hours with nothing.  Connected directly to router with only my laptop (XP SP3 Pro) and the camera.  Tried all different kinds of setting in my router.  Reset the router to default.   Uninstalled/reinstalled the flash utility.  Tried to set up fixed mapping per the camera's MAC address.  I know I'm picking the correct adapter because I have them all disabled in Windows but LAN.  If I try to choose any adapter but the LAN, I get an error.  Frustrating!!!!!

Offline oTi@

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2011, 10:17:27 pm »
So can you get live video through the URL that MP_777 suggested? (http://***camera IP***/img/video.mjpeg)

Offline salbanal

« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2011, 10:23:19 pm »
No because I don't know what the IP is.  I thought that was the whole poiint of flashing?

Offline oTi@

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2011, 10:31:23 pm »
Log in to your router and see if there is something like a DHCP Client screen. Since it's just your computer and the camera on your network, one IP would be your computer, the other your camera.