Author Topic: Schlage IP cameras finally work with Vera  (Read 82886 times)

Offline aiwlove

Re: Schlage IP cameras finally work with Vera
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2011, 11:08:34 pm »
Has anyone successfully done 2-way audio communication? I tried it but i failed it.

Offline mitch672

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2011, 11:14:28 pm »
well, I downloaded & installed the "Monitor Manager", which let's you add several of these IP cams, record them, looks to be a nice "DVR", with multiple windows etc.  Works well...  Has anyone figured out how to integrate this to Vera?  Doesn't appear to take snapshots, but does have a way to push out to a web page on an event.  There has to be an easy way, I just haven't figured it out yet :)

Offline radarengineer

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2011, 11:46:39 pm »
I picked up two of these today at Radio Shack (I actually have to take one of them back... the gave me a wireless by mistake.  :( ).

Mine takes snapshots in vera without a problem. I didn't do anything special, but just for good measure here are the steps:

First I installed "Generic IP Camera" from the mios marketplace.

Then I just filled in four fields under settings:

URL: img/snapshot.cgi?size=3&quality=5
username: administrator
password: <blank>
IP: <the camera's IP>

Administrator with a blank password is the default when you first flash the device. Probably a good idea to change those. My pictures didn't seem to show up until I set the username in UI4.

Size varies from 1-3 ( 160x128, QVGA, VGA) and Quality from 1 (lowest) to 5 (highest).

I found the URL / settings on the slickdeals thread. Hope that helps.

-re

Offline mitch672

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2011, 11:57:36 pm »
I picked up two of these today at Radio Shack (I actually have to take one of them back... the gave me a wireless by mistake.  :( ).

Mine takes snapshots in vera without a problem. I didn't do anything special, but just for good measure here are the steps:

First I installed "Generic IP Camera" from the mios marketplace.

Then I just filled in four fields under settings:

URL: img/snapshot.cgi?size=3&quality=5
username: administrator
password: <blank>
IP: <the camera's IP>

Administrator with a blank password is the default when you first flash the device. Probably a good idea to change those. My pictures didn't seem to show up until I set the username in UI4.

Size varies from 1-3 ( 160x128, QVGA, VGA) and Quality from 1 (lowest) to 5 (highest).

I found the URL / settings on the slickdeals thread. Hope that helps.

-re

Thanks, that works great.  I would keep the wireless version, that one is actually worth $70 (or at least, thats what they are discounting them to).  It also has a LAN jack as well, so it will work as a wired camera as well.

Offline computerjohn

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2011, 01:38:28 am »
Oh what the hell..  I was told this wasn't possible & return the camera 2 weeks ago..  Grrrrr..  Let me see if I can find them again..   :(
Vera2 UI4 (1.1.1245), IT-100, 2x Trane Thermostats, 6x Intermatic HA03 Lamp Modules, 1x Intermatic HA07 Remote, 4x GE 45613 3-way Dimmer Switches, 13x GE45606 Dimmers Switches, 2x GE 45605 Receptacles, 16x GE 45604 Outdoor Modules, 3x GE 45603 Appliance Modules, Automated Saltwater Reef System

Offline computerjohn

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2011, 01:43:10 am »
Also is for the wired cameras only or will it work with the wireless versions?
Vera2 UI4 (1.1.1245), IT-100, 2x Trane Thermostats, 6x Intermatic HA03 Lamp Modules, 1x Intermatic HA07 Remote, 4x GE 45613 3-way Dimmer Switches, 13x GE45606 Dimmers Switches, 2x GE 45605 Receptacles, 16x GE 45604 Outdoor Modules, 3x GE 45603 Appliance Modules, Automated Saltwater Reef System

Offline mitch672

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2011, 03:14:29 am »
On the slickdeals thread, the poster of the firmware links says the firmware works in the wired and wireless, but for not much more than $70, you can get a foscam or other wireless camera, with night vision, etc.  In other words, even though the firmware will work, $70 for a wifi camera with very few features isn't a great deal.  Now the wired version for $24.97 is difficult to beat for any kind of IP based camera.

Offline shady

• Beta Testers
  • This monkey knows his Window Coverings!
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2011, 12:36:55 pm »
Oh what the hell..  I was told this wasn't possible & return the camera 2 weeks ago..  Grrrrr..  Let me see if I can find them again..   :(

I know, I just returned two of these after trying several firmwares ago and failing.  I even took it apart and scoured the web.  Also asking people at CES if there was a different firmware available, everyone I spoke with said it wasn't possible.  I think I know a Radio Shack with a few left, running out today.  Thank you.
Vera3 1.5.346, Schlage (3)DB (2)Lever, Kwikset (1)Lever, RCS TZ43 Thermo, (2) Vizia RZI06-1LX 600W Dimmers, (17) Monster (Leviton) Dimmers (6) Monster (Leviton) IWC Scene Controllers (1) Etherrain-8, (3) HSM 100's (1)GE 3-Way set

Offline MP_777

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2011, 12:13:53 pm »
I am trying to change the firmware but the Upgrade Utility couldn't find the camera. Did anyone experience this? If so, how did you get it to find the camera?

Offline newstargazer

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2011, 12:18:18 pm »
I struggled with this as well for about an hour.  According to the OP on the Slickdeals thread, this utility only works on a 32 bit Windows machine.  On Windows 7, the utility needs to be installed in compatibility mode of Windows XP SP3 and run as administrator.  I had to try various combination to get it to work.  Hope this helps.

-ajay

I am trying to change the firmware but the Upgrade Utility couldn't find the camera. Did anyone experience this? If so, how did you get it to find the camera?

Offline shady

• Beta Testers
  • This monkey knows his Window Coverings!
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2011, 12:45:24 pm »

Make sure you put the camera into the proper mode.  I believe you start powered off, hold in the reset button with paperclip, and then plug in power.

"Connect the included network cable to the device, then insert a paperclip into the reset hole on the side of the unit. While holding down the reset button, plug in the power adapter. This will put the device into a firmware upgrade mode. The power light should flash while the network light should stay solid."

Then scan for the camera, I found both of mine easily on a laptop over wireless (with cameras on ethernet cable attached to router) and was able to upgrade.  It takes a while to upgrade and verify, just walk away and let it do its work.  I had trouble loading the flash program, but finally found an XP machine that it installed on (it didn't like an nLited version of XP on my netbook or my desktop's W764)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 12:47:28 pm by shady »
Vera3 1.5.346, Schlage (3)DB (2)Lever, Kwikset (1)Lever, RCS TZ43 Thermo, (2) Vizia RZI06-1LX 600W Dimmers, (17) Monster (Leviton) Dimmers (6) Monster (Leviton) IWC Scene Controllers (1) Etherrain-8, (3) HSM 100's (1)GE 3-Way set

Offline MP_777

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2011, 03:01:05 pm »
Thanks. I got it to work by using an old Win XP SP3 laptop and spare router. I had to try each of the network adapters then it worked. It didn't work for me in Windows 7 and running program as WIN XP SP 3 or SP2 and as administrator. 

Offline salbanal

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2011, 07:32:48 pm »
Hi all.  New Vera/z-wave user.  Thanks for the great forum!!

Now, I was able to purchase two of these cameras, but like others before, I can't see them in the flash utility.  The camera is in the update mode (power light flashing, network light solid), I'm running XP SP3.  I tried wired and wireless.  I even tried connecting my laptop and the camera directly to a switch (no router).  No luck any way I tried.  Are there any other suggestions?  Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 08:29:27 am by salbanal »

Offline mitch672

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2011, 08:52:22 pm »
Try your wired adapter only, when the update utility startup, it will ask you which interface to use, use the wired one, that works best.  I've already done 2 of the cameras, worked great, have a third one to do as well.

Offline salbanal

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2011, 09:14:07 pm »
Thanks Mitch, that's what I did.  My wired interface is a Broadcom.  I'm stumped. Maybe i can try to update the driver, even though I've never had connection issues with it?  I'm going to see if I can get a different laptop at work and see if that works.