Author Topic: Fibaro Universal Binary Sensor don't show one of three DS18B20 sensors?  (Read 352 times)

Offline n0ir

Hi!

I have three 1-wire DS18B20 temperature sensors connected to a hot water tank. I have had an old 433MHz universal sensor connected to the DS18B20 and got good readings for all three.

I have now instead connected a Z-Wave Fibaro Universal Binary Sensor FGBS-001 to the sensors.

I get good readings for two of the three sensors BUT the first sensor is always 0.00 ?C and never updates.

I assume something is wrong in the settings but what?

Offline Cor

Re: Fibaro Universal Binary Sensor don't show one of three DS18B20 sensors?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 02:15:17 am »
It should work automatically without any setting when you pair the device.

I had it as well , and I had a bad temperature sensor.   Why don't  put the one with the 0 degrees on an input which is working correctly?

Cor

Offline n0ir

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 04:22:17 am »
The sensors work! I have connected the three DS18B20 sensors both to the old 433MHz device and to the new Fibaro Z-Wave device.

I get the same readings for two of the three sensors, but one doesn't show on the Fibaro Universal Binary Sensor. On the 433MHz device it works properly. All connections are good.

Offline Cor

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 07:44:02 am »
I still would switch the sensors , just to rule out if it is the sensor or the fibaro. 
But when I read your answer , you allready ruled out the temperature sensor , so it mus be the fibaro than.............

Cor

Offline kulfsson

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 03:40:17 am »
You are not alone in this. I have had this happen several times. It is not the sensors and it is not the Fibaro. Most likely it is something with regards to how it is i implemented in the Vera. If you exclude the device and the re-include it your sensors should show up again. I have had to do this many times myself.

There is a whole thread about this here: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,32320.msg336412.html#msg336412

What we need is for Vera to take this issue seriously and figure out a solution. I have already had them look at my system a few times but usually the support then fizzles out and I hear nothing back.