Author Topic: WWN auth token expiry?  (Read 764 times)

Offline gtallan

WWN auth token expiry?
« on: February 12, 2018, 11:36:07 am »
I got a "device not communicating" error from my WWN devices - since other posts here made it sound like a simple re-auth might not always help, I contacted support.
They determined that it wasn't authorized with Nest, so I re-authed, and that seemed to fix it.

It occurs to me that it's almost exactly a year since I added WWN to vera. Does that correspond to an expiry time in the auth token?

If so it would be nice if the plugin could tell us (it does sound like the API should return an explicit "expired" status).

Offline rigpapa

Re: WWN auth token expiry?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 12:00:11 pm »
Similar experience over the weekend. Noticed that my device was offline, did a re-auth and all continues. Not sure when my original auth was, but I know it's been less than a year, because I hard reset and rebuilt my configuration from scratch right around the end of October/early November.
Author of Reactor, DelayLight, SiteSensor, Rachio, Deus Ex Machina II, Intesis WMP Gateway, Auto Virtual Thermostat and VirtualSensor plugins. Vera Plus w/100+ Z-wave devices. Vera3 sandbox.

Offline therealdb

• Automate all the things!
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 12:03:45 pm »
same here.

I'm trying to write a function to check its validity to be part of my daily check, because I had a couple of scenes using nest temp that were stuck to a wrong humidity/temperature.
Vera Edge, Fibaro FGRM 222 (12), Fibaro FGS 223 (20), Fibaro FGS 222 (5), Fibaro Universal Binary Sensor (2), Fibaro Plug (3), NeoCoolCam Door Sensor (3), NeoCoolCam PIR (1), Nest (3), Raspberry PI running my own integrations, Harmony Hub, OpenSprinkler, Personal Weather Station

Offline beachboync

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 08:36:40 pm »
I had to re-auth also. Not sure how long since the last one,

Bob
Bob (beachboync)

Offline bruine01

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 12:28:25 pm »
Same here. Installation was 14 months ago.

Offline therealdb

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 05:22:16 am »
token expired again tonight.

WWN was pretending it was authorized (but the header error was clear), so I had to manually change the "authorized" variable to 0 and authorize it again. the deauthorize feature was not working.
Vera Edge, Fibaro FGRM 222 (12), Fibaro FGS 223 (20), Fibaro FGS 222 (5), Fibaro Universal Binary Sensor (2), Fibaro Plug (3), NeoCoolCam Door Sensor (3), NeoCoolCam PIR (1), Nest (3), Raspberry PI running my own integrations, Harmony Hub, OpenSprinkler, Personal Weather Station

Offline gtallan

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2018, 02:28:08 pm »
token expired again tonight.

WWN was pretending it was authorized (but the header error was clear), so I had to manually change the "authorized" variable to 0 and authorize it again. the deauthorize feature was not working.

What do you mean by "header error"? The status messages which appear at the top of the web interface (like when it's "configuring devices" etc)?

I only ask because these disappeared for me completely since a recent firmware update. I remember seeing something about that and how to re-enable them, but csn't find it...

Offline therealdb

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2018, 01:01:58 am »
Yes. I re-enabled them via settings and actively monitoring (and reporting) them via a custom script (mainly used to catch lua errors).

Offline gtallan

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2018, 04:07:56 pm »
Yes. I re-enabled them via settings and actively monitoring (and reporting) them via a custom script (mainly used to catch lua errors).

Can you remind me where to find that in the settings? Feel a bit stupid but I looked and couldn't find it!

Offline therealdb

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2018, 05:11:00 pm »
Sure.
Go to Users & Account Info > Notifications Settings and enable the notification header option again.

Offline gtallan

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2018, 06:19:28 pm »
Sure.
Go to Users & Account Info > Notifications Settings and enable the notification header option again.

Thanks, must have been the one page I didn't check!

I don't get the logic of where it's placed, but then the reboot button is on the network page so i expect that!