Author Topic: Help! Kwikset 910 Doorlock triggering  (Read 673 times)

Offline Bricio

Help! Kwikset 910 Doorlock triggering
« on: February 12, 2018, 02:46:53 pm »
Hi guys,

I have an door lock that i used to let it work with that function that automatic locks the door after 30sec ENABLED
I have a Scene that is triggered by the door lock, everytime i PUSH the door lock buttom , that turn off ALL lights.

Always worked perfectly!

My door lock stoped working. I bought from ebay a part of kwikset that contains the eletronic mother board (with electric motor), external case. 
I replaced my motherboard with that.
Removed, added to zwave network , reseted the lock etc...
Remade the scenes , and trigering.

The problem is that Now , the scene is activated EVEN if the door locks automacticaly , OR even if i press the lock buttom.
It's the same thing.   It seems the door lock is not able to recognize if door was locked by his automacticaly function , or by the buttom pressed.

Any way to configure someting in vera ?  Is this kwikset with problem??

I saw that on vera devices there are many configuration options.

Help please.

(VERA LITE UI7)

Offline tomtcom

Re: Help! Kwikset 910 Doorlock triggering
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 08:05:01 pm »
Hi, please check My Modes from the main dashboard and look to see if your lock is being used for various modes or triggers in the attachment.

Check all your other modes if you use them to determine the behavior of lights and lock.

If that is fine, please screenshot the options you are using for scenes. Are you using any light scenes that might have somehow added the lock into them also? Please double check those, it might have happened by accident.

Offline Bricio

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 12:26:06 pm »
Hi,  mY mode is at Home.

Home is at "default"

I am sending you print screen

Offline Bricio

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 12:39:43 pm »
I thought something like editing the kwikset capabilities, but i think this must be automatic.
Don t know why kwikset don t differ in locking himself , and locking though pressing the lock buttom.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 01:19:45 pm »
Personally I wouldn't have the door lock automatically on the lock. Have vera send the command to lock it, then you can separate it. I also do this so if the door is open or ajar it wont attempt to lock either. I also don't do 30 sec. If I'm unloading grocery's or something 30sec will be annoying.

I think mine currently is the door has been closed for 5 min and the lock has been unlocked for 5 min and it's night then auto lock. During the day I manually lock or have it do so when we all leave the house. But you could omit the "Night only" function very easy. 

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 05:38:16 pm »
To build on integlikewhoa, although I do not have locks yet, I do have door sensors. When the front, garage man door, or garage over door is open too long, we both get constant reminders on our phones.

For the front door - each minute since we rarely use that door. For the garage man door, 5 minutes since it rarely left open. And for the garage overhead door, 30 minutes.  If I am putzing in the garage, then it is not too annoying every 30 minutes.

When I get door locks, I will likely have Vera autolock them when Vera goes to Night Mode. Of course, I could get overruled by the boss and always have all doors autolock.
Vera 3, 1.7.1030, CT101, Everspring motion sensor, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual/Multi Switch, Weatherunderground, LB60Z-1 bulb, Hue, Alexa

Offline Bricio

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 07:36:03 pm »
Thanks for opinions!

Yes , i can disable the auto lock function on kwikset. And then i can program vera to lock it after xxx seconds, or minutes. Ok.

But i still can t do this to I will not swear down all lights when i press lock buttom on kwikset panel.

I live in an apartment, so the 30 seconds was perfect. 
If the door lock was working properly (it seems a problem with the door lock) i could do as i always did.

1 if anyone go out just close the door , and the door locks automacticaly (don t press lock buttom)

2 if i want to go out and turn off all lights i just close the door and press lock buttom.
(Before this i had vera programmed to turn off entire hometheater too , with harmony  logitech integrated)
So, if i wanted to go out all i had to do was press lock buttom, witouth worry about lights or tv on

This is really what i want again

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2018, 11:17:54 pm »
I live in an apartment, so the 30 seconds was perfect. 
If the door lock was working properly (it seems a problem with the door lock) i could do as i always did.

It probley doesn't work the same because it's not the same software/firmware version on the lock. 910's are are not all the same inside or outside. Newer units outside has screws holding the inside battery cover on, older ones don't. Newer software ones has a master passcode for changing pins in the lock where the old one anyone with access to the lock inside could do it.

If you lost features I would venture to say that you replaced a newer board with an older one you bought off ebay and thats why you lost some features that you had before.

Offline Bricio

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2018, 09:14:12 am »
Yes,  i think probably is what you said. 
Talking to seller, and probably will change it. 

Tks!

Offline Bricio

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2018, 01:43:01 pm »
Hi,

I still have the problem.
I have a kwikset door lock and it always stayed with automatic lock (30sec) turned on , and i have it trigerring a scene when the lock buttom was pressed.

I had to change the main board of door lock, and buyed 2 ones, but the problem persists.

The door lock triggers the scene, in automatic locking. (WITHOUT pressing the lock buttom)
It seems the door lock can't know if the lock was loceks automacticaly , or by pressing the Buttom.

1- My original door lock was a 910 Kwikset.  When i changed the mainboard, seller told that 909 or 910 is the same. Only difference is that 910 comes with zwave chip.  Is that true?  or there is a way to fix this?

2- It s possible to make some changes at variables /parameters/commands on vera to make it work correctly ?

obs: I already excluded and included it again many times on vera Lite UI7. Using default configuration.

Please help...

Offline tomtcom

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2018, 04:36:10 pm »
Hi,

I have a kwikset door lock and it always stayed with automatic lock (30sec) turned on , and i have it trigerring a scene when the lock buttom was pressed.

I had to change the main board of door lock, and buyed 2 ones, but the problem persists.

The door lock triggers the scene, in automatic locking. (WITHOUT pressing the lock buttom)
It seems the door lock can't know if the lock was loceks automacticaly , or by pressing the Buttom.

1- My original door lock was a 910 Kwikset.  When i changed the mainboard, seller told that 909 or 910 is the same. Only difference is that 910 comes with zwave chip.  Is that true?  or there is a way to fix this?

2- It s possible to make some changes at variables /parameters/commands on vera to make it work correctly ?

obs: I already excluded and included it again many times on vera Lite UI7. Using default configuration.

Please help...

Have you checked the user manual for dip (jumper) settings on the board?

Offline Bricio

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2018, 09:34:25 am »
Hi,

Please help...

Have you checked the user manual for dip (jumper) settings on the board?

I think you didn t understand.

I created a scene where IF BUTTOM LOCK IS PRESSED, it runs the scene.
The scene should not run if the lock is locked automacticaly itself.  But is running, like buttom is pressed

Offline tomtcom

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2018, 06:38:04 pm »
Ok, can you post screenshots of the scene from the UI?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk