Author Topic: Wake Up Light  (Read 585 times)

Offline tbully

Wake Up Light
« on: February 13, 2018, 09:19:34 pm »
Hey All -
I'm wondering if anyone is using the "Wake Up Light" app found at http://apps.mios.com/plugin.php?id=2268

I've been using this successfully for a few years but noticed today that I'm unable to enable, edit, or delete timers.  Simply nothing happens when I click on the different functions. I've tried reloads, different browsers, etc

Perhaps a recent firmware has changed something in the UI that has broken it. The app doesn't appear to be supported recently.

I may have to figure out how to do this with PLEG (anyone have examples?)

Thanks.

Offline zedrally

• Black Cat Control Systems
Re: Wake Up Light
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 10:22:45 pm »
PLEG will do the job alright, but does this PI do exactly?
Post some details on what you would like to do and you will get feedback, also have a read of PLEG basics and don't forget to post a Status report if you have any problems.
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, Fantem Tec and then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, RFXComm, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline tbully

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 09:12:28 am »
PLEG will do the job alright, but does this PI do exactly?
Post some details on what you would like to do and you will get feedback, also have a read of PLEG basics and don't forget to post a Status report if you have any problems.

:)

I realize my note came off a little elementary.   It was hastily punched out from an iPad before bed.

I actually have over 150 PLEG conditions and a few hundred devices on my network.  Ironically, I've skated by with no PLEG delays / timers which would surely be required here.  I know Richard was in a Wake Up Light thread a few years ago discussing how PLEG would soon (back then) be able to do exactly what this PI does.

The plugin is pretty nice/simple - when it worked.   From memory so excuse any errors -  You configure a timer (or multiple timers) and assign it to a device (i.e. dimmer).  You'd basically set a start time and ramp duration and if I recall correctly a ramp rate - how often to "step up" (e.g. once per minuted).  Then, at the set time, it would start to slowly brighten a light and automatically calculate each step to get you from 0 to your desired "end state" within the configured time-period.  It has been working beautifully to wake up the kids for the past few years.   In fact, it still works well if you know how to go in to the variables and manually adjust the parameters.   But the UI seems broken now - at least for me.

It's my opinion that these are the types of Plugins that Vera should have out-of-the-box.  Yes, I LOVE PLEG and Vera simply wouldn't be the device it is without it.   But it does take a little commitment and experience to learn the lingo and get it working.  Plugins like these "just work" (or did, anyway) and are great for the layman to make Vera useful out of the box.

I'm off to do a little reading on PLEG delays/timers and see if I can figure it out.   Perhaps there are a few examples out there too.

But if anyone has any feedback on this Plugin, I'd welcome them. 

Offline tbully

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 10:14:53 am »
A little searching (and watching Chrome through developer tools) answered my question:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=34268.0

Somewhat tempting to learn how to convert this relatively simple plugin to UI7 (developer appears to have abandoned it) but it's a little beyond my patience and expertise.

PLEG....appears to be the answer yet again!  :-)

Offline V3r4

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2018, 09:38:38 pm »
good to know about the fix on this issue