We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: New Android App for IMMEDIATE ALERTING from Vera.  (Read 46329 times)

Offline Da_JoJo

• If something aint work, we can allways try n make
Re: New Android App for IMMEDIATE ALERTING from Vera.
« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2012, 10:26:05 am »
hell yeah
imma give it a try :)
edit: i was ahead of myself lol..  been there, done complaint lol
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 10:29:15 am by Da_JoJo »
Vera lite (1.5.622), 2x an-158/2, dead usb pl2302 rs-232, 2x greenwave 6 port, 4x Fibaro FGD211 v1.6, FGBS001, few FGS - 221, etc. AuthomationHD 3 for android :-)
Dutch & German translator http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Special:AllPages http://support.micasaverde.com http://domotica-shop.nl

Offline lolodomo

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2012, 09:13:35 pm »
The application is working well when my Android phone is connected at home using WiFi.
When I am outside my home using 3G, it looks like I am receiving no notification. When I come back to home and enable the WiFi, the last notification arrives immediately.

Is it something that you notice ?

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2012, 02:57:11 pm »
lolodomo -
   Regarding the crash when deleting ...
   I did the last mods for VeraAlert on the Android ... The code I released to Richard does not have the crash ... I think he runs the code through a code mangling tool ... and that tool does not handle things properly (Processes only Java files and not the corresponding XML files).  It's an easy fix ... (moving about 4 lines of code from XML files to java file) ... but I think Richard does not have much time to work on this ... I aslo sent him a bunch of images to update the Android Market.

Regarding the delay when switching between Wifi and 3G --- I have seen that as well. I was going to look into it ... I think the Phone registers with the Alert Server when it is booted ... and will only get messages from that connection ... I think a mod to detect a change in the network will fix that. I will try to look into this and post a message back later about this.

Offline lolodomo

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #78 on: March 22, 2012, 04:25:20 pm »
lolodomo -
   I did the last mods for VeraAlert on the Android ... The code I released to Richard does not have the crash ... I think he runs the code through a code mangling tool ... and that tool does not handle things properly (Processes only Java files and not the corresponding XML files).  It's an easy fix ... (moving about 4 lines of code from XML files to java file) ... but I think Richard does not have much time to work on this ... I aslo sent him a bunch of images to update the Android Market.

Ok. Hope that the fix could be put on the Android Market one day.

Regarding the delay when switching between Wifi and 3G --- I have seen that as well. I was going to look into it ... I think the Phone registers with the Alert Server when it is booted ... and will only get messages from that connection ... I think a mod to detect a change in the network will fix that. I will try to look into this and post a message back later about this.

Interesting. I will verify that.

Offline lolodomo

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #79 on: March 22, 2012, 07:19:25 pm »

No, it does not work even if I start in 3G mode.
What is a little strange is that I am almost certain that it worked at least one time. But now it never works.

Offline lolodomo

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2012, 09:14:05 am »
The poroblem might be that the connection has to be very stable.
In my case, it switches regularly between 3G and 3G+, depending on where I am.

Offline lolodomo

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #81 on: March 24, 2012, 12:58:55 pm »
lolodomo -

Could you provide an apk file correcting the crash problem ?

Offline wxben

« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2012, 02:18:37 pm »
Do you have the step by step instructions on getting this installed on Vera 3? I'm new and the alerts built into Vera 3 don't seem to work, unless I'm setting up something wrong.

I'd like to try out your program in Vera 3 if it will work with that, but I can't seem to find where to install a virtual device... HELP!

Thanks
-Ben
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 03:05:58 pm by wxben »

Offline wxben

« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2012, 03:12:28 pm »
Hi there,

I've written a teeny Android App and would like your feedback on it.

It is NOT a controller - I'm leaving that business to the "big boys" around here.

It is JUST an alerter - so you can set up alerts / notifications to go straight to your 2.2 and above Android phone.

Requirements:

A) Vera

B) Android phone running 2.2 or above (sorry - not my restriction). See settings -> about phone -> Android version to confirm what you have.

C) Not scared of uploading a few things in the "developer" mode.

You will need to do a few things to get this running

1) Install the "Veralert" app from : http://www.fawepark.com/android-software/veralertfiles (the 1st link). If you are unsure how to get this onto your phone, just use your phone as a browser to navigate to the ".apk" file

2) Install a "virtual device" in your vera software using files from the link above (the 2nd link down). There will be 4 of them, "D_VeraAlert.xml, I_VeraAlert.xml, S_VeraAlert.xml and D_VeraAlert.json". Upload all of them to you vera !!

3) Now create a device in Vera using Mios Developers -> create device. Just put description as "vera alert" and UpnpDevFilename as D_VeraAlert.xml and UpnpImplFilename as I_VeraAlert.xml

Now the fun bit...

Run the app on your phone - it won't say much - it will just display something like "ALERT ID: xxyyzz" - this code is what you will put into your scene so that the vera-alert knows which phone to send the message too.

Create a scene ; for example I have one "front door open" - now the important thing here is that under "commands" your "Vera alert" device will appear. Choose "Send Alert" from the dropdown, put the text you want to receive in the TOP BOX and your ALERT ID ( from the previous step ) in the bottom box. It has to be EXACT or you will not get the messages.

That's it !!

Happy tinkering. I will be updating the app over the next few weeks so let me know how you get on. I am also after any help possible in making my vera xml / jsons files a bit more efficient / ergonomic. All help gratefully received !!

Lastly - feel free to contact me directly - richardagreen -you know the sign - gmail.com

Regards,

Richard.

How do you get this to work with Vera 3? Do you have instructions for that?

Thank you so much!

Offline galwaymark

« Reply #84 on: April 22, 2012, 06:54:12 am »
Fantastic!!! Well done!

Offline lolodomo

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2012, 05:02:07 am »

No, it does not work even if I start in 3G mode.
What is a little strange is that I am almost certain that it worked at least one time. But now it never works.

Finally, this is working well now since few weeks. The problem was not the application but certainly my phone operator.

Offline ehome

« Reply #86 on: May 24, 2012, 05:35:21 am »
Hi,

I am not able to create scene with vera alert device in UI5, can you please tell me how can i configure the same.

Thank You.

Offline pieterb

« Reply #87 on: May 24, 2012, 06:41:51 am »
First make sure you have added the VeraAlert device successfully (Devices, category Other)

Then create a new scene and navigate to the advanced tab.
There at 'Pick a device', pick your VeraAlert device and press 'Add'.
In the dropdown box select the action you want to execute on VeraAlert and specify the arguments.
The first argument is the message you want to send, the second is the VeraAlertId from your Android app.

Confirm the changes and press the red 'Save' button.

Then, when you trigger the scene, the alert should be sent.

FYI, there is an improved VeraAlert plugin for UI5, but that is not published yet.

Offline asma

« Reply #88 on: June 07, 2012, 02:29:36 am »
I am not able to create vera alert in  UI5.Pls help me out.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #89 on: June 07, 2012, 04:00:49 am »
A more detailed description of your problem would go a long way for us to help you out.

- Garrett