Author Topic: Solar Shade Recomendations  (Read 2192 times)

Offline tt55du

Solar Shade Recomendations
« on: March 16, 2011, 10:28:13 am »
Any Recommendations on Motorized Solar Shades?  I was looking at the Sun Setters, but they cap out at 7 ft" vertical, I need at lease 8 feet for my patio doors.  Looking for Value here as well. I've price shopped other solutions and these things can get really expensive

Also, does anyone own a  RS Solutions AC1-ZW motor control?
http://www.lagotek.com/blindspdf/AC1-ZW%20Cut%20Sheet.pdf

I have an ESI and it works fine, but this unit has sensor ports for temp. I wonder if it can somehow do wind as well?  If so it would be a fine replacement for my Awning control and I can move the ESI to my future (hopefully inexpensive) solar shades.

Offline strangely

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 1,3 & V light
Re: Solar Shade Recomendations
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 03:54:57 pm »
RS solutions one for my awning and it works well. I guess if we could get MCV to support the Temp sensor input somehow, its conceivable that it could also be used for some king of wind control input.

For a Wind sensor though, I have a HRDS1 mounted to the awning, and its wired to one of the below and it seems to work really well:

http://www.rapidonline.com/1/1/2406-pendulum-switch.html
Kwickset locks, HA01C, HA14C, HA02C, HA03C, HA05C, HA04C, HA07C, HA09C, Aeon HEM, GE 45604, 45606, 45609, ZDP100, VRF01-1LZ, WDTC-20, HA18WD, WDHA-12R, HRDS1, HM-TS001, AC1-ZW, TV-IP110, BL-C210A, LUUP control- EtherRain8, DSC Alarm, HDMI matrix, HR24-200, Panasonic TV, SQblaster

Offline shady

• Beta Testers
  • This monkey knows his Window Coverings!
Re: Solar Shade Recomendations
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 08:20:14 pm »
I know I am advocating using the competition here, but...

If the Sunsetter ones are affordable for you and these are to be mounted on the exterior, you might consider buying them and see if they can send you a replacement fabric band.  Then you could possible take that fabric and have the 7ft height extended by welding/sewing the fabric together.  You'll end up with a seam, but it will be high up and if it is exterior then that might be acceptable to you.  I am thinking if you could find someone to do the work it wouldn't be that expensive, just tell them that you had these shades from a previous residence and you're retrofitting them into the new place.

Or you could buy manual shades, made to order for your width and height and then see about converting them to motorized with eBay motors or other shading outlet.
Vera3 1.5.346, Schlage (3)DB (2)Lever, Kwikset (1)Lever, RCS TZ43 Thermo, (2) Vizia RZI06-1LX 600W Dimmers, (17) Monster (Leviton) Dimmers (6) Monster (Leviton) IWC Scene Controllers (1) Etherrain-8, (3) HSM 100's (1)GE 3-Way set