We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Z-Wave AEON Labs Motor Controller  (Read 20692 times)

Offline Roy S

Re: Z-Wave AEON Labs Motor Controller
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2012, 02:22:07 am »
Yes, I have mentioned how at the start of this thread and it has worked for me every time.

Offline baxy_AU

« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2012, 07:29:00 am »
OK I changed the device type as shown at the start of this thread. I'm still on UI4 so STOP doesn't work yet but I also use these controllers to control shutters and I have noticed that although DOWN shuts the shutter and UP raises it, OPEN conversely shuts the shutter and CLOSE raises it. Is there a way to reverse the functions of OPEN and CLOSE?

Offline Da_JoJo

• If something aint work, we can allways try n make
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2012, 07:49:46 am »
OK I changed the device type as shown at the start of this thread. I'm still on UI4 so STOP doesn't work yet but I also use these controllers to control shutters and I have noticed that although DOWN shuts the shutter and UP raises it, OPEN conversely shuts the shutter and CLOSE raises it. Is there a way to reverse the functions of OPEN and CLOSE?
you could ask aeon labs for the parameters on the device and pass these to MCV so they can have a look at it and make it properly work :-)
also there is a option to exchange the power wire to the motor which reverses it.
or change it in the xml file.
what one can do is make a modified one.
just copy and rename the blinds xml D_WindowCovering1.xml and the device type in the xml itself. this way you could add your own device support for it and add additional functions.

Vera lite (1.5.622), 2x an-158/2, dead usb pl2302 rs-232, 2x greenwave 6 port, 4x Fibaro FGD211 v1.6, FGBS001, few FGS - 221, etc. AuthomationHD 3 for android :-)
Dutch & German translator http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Special:AllPages http://support.micasaverde.com http://domotica-shop.nl

Offline baxy_AU

« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2012, 07:11:37 pm »
I tried to think of a way to change the wiring...but I'm quite certain that if I swap the motor wires then that will just reverse the UP and DOWN functions....I was hoping that there was maybe a variable I could enter in the device settings to swap the way OPEN and CLOSE relate to UP and DOWN.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2

Offline baxy_AU

Re: Re: Z-Wave AEON Labs Motor Controller
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2012, 09:15:24 pm »
I tried to think of a way to change the wiring...but I'm quite certain that if I swap the motor wires then that will just reverse the UP and DOWN functions....I was hoping that there was maybe a variable I could enter in the device settings to swap the way OPEN and CLOSE relate to UP and DOWN.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2
What is the best way to try to get MCV to fix this issue?