Author Topic: Temperature control using Ver2  (Read 5655 times)

Offline FlyBoyBob

Re: Temperature control using Ver2
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2011, 04:06:10 pm »
Liam,

Here's an important point about your house - does your heat recovery ventilation system circulate air throughout all of the rooms? If it does then the only thing that zone control will do for you is give you cold floors in some rooms and hot in others.

As I said my old house has cast-iron radiators and now some in-floor radiant, but no air circulation between rooms. I can have my bedroom be several degrees warmer than the rest of the house at night even with the door open - you can't do that with air circulation.

Conversely on a sunny day with the in-floor and a radiator going in my bathroom it has gotten up to 78F while the main thermostat is regulating to 68F, while on a cold windy winter's day (bathroom is on the weather side of the house) it is COLD in there.

Now with a 3-in-1 and a zone valve on the big old radiator I have the 3 bears solutions = not too cold, not too hot, just right! Independent of the weather outside.

bob

Offline mikeholczer

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2011, 07:15:56 pm »
I've been trying to do so something similar and have a HomeManageables TS001, but I have not been able to get it to update regularly enough to act as a trigger for scenes. Has anyone been able to get the TS001 to wakeup more often at then the factory setting? I set the wakeup internal to 60 (I think seconds) and the polling to 60 as well. I know this is probably too aggressive, for battery performance, but I was try to test out my scenes without having to wait too long. The device did not checkin every minute like I had expected. Anyway, any help on configuring the TS001 to wakeup and be pollable would be great.

CORRECTION: It does seem to be waking up every minute (judging by the "LastWakeup" variable), but it doesn't seem to be staying pollable. Vera doesn't get temp changes within a minute of them happening and the disable often showes "Cannot send command to node" when attempting to manually poll.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 08:02:25 pm by mikeholczer »

Offline pgrover516

• Beta Testers
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2011, 11:20:22 pm »
I have three of the TS001's though 5 min is about as short as I've ever set the wakeup they seem to report fine at that frequency (though I have had one or another misbehave at random and require exclude, factory reset, re-include to correct) in testing I could never see any benefit to polling any of my battery powered sensors, and indeed high polling frequencies acctually degraded Veras performance (presumably by keeping her too busy) I now keep polling to a minimum for wired sensors and 0 for battery sensors and have gotten my most reliable performace this way
V1,V2,V3,VLite,Express Controls HSM-100,Intermatic HA20C, HA04C,HA02C,HA09, Leviton VRP15-1LW, VRS15-1LX,Home Manageables HM-TS001,Schlage FE599, Schlage BE369, Cooper RF9500, Aeon Labs Minimote, Schlage TZEMT400AB32MAA+more