Author Topic: How to trigger scene on heating setpoint going below  (Read 313 times)

Offline tk41

• Sr. Newbie
How to trigger scene on heating setpoint going below
« on: February 17, 2018, 04:02:38 pm »
Hi All,

Does anyone have an easy way to trigger a scene when the heating setpoint of a thermostat goes BELOW a value?

The Vera UI provides "heating setpoint goes above" and "cooling setpoint goes below", but not the two opposite variations.  My thermostat (Secure's 7-day one) seems only to implement the heating setpoint; I tried a scene triggered on the cooling setpoint but it never runs.  Seems a strange omission from the available options in the UI!  -- VERA TEAM PLEASE NOTE! --

What I need, is to turn off an auxiliary heater on a MVHR system when the main central heating setpoint is reduced - e.g. overnight & while no-one's home.  The sister scene re-enables it when the heating setpoint is raised to normal levels; that one works fine.

Am I going to have to resort to PLEG here?

Thanks!

Jeff

Offline Ionut A

• Global Moderator
Re: How to trigger scene on heating setpoint going below
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 04:05:41 am »
Hi Jef,

I added a feature request for the following triggers:

- Thermostat COOL setpoint goes above
- Thermostat HEAT setpoint goes below

Cheers!

Offline therealdb

• Automate all the things!
Re: How to trigger scene on heating setpoint going below
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 05:10:01 pm »
As a workaround, I'll monitor the thermostat mode and act accordingly.

You'll probably need some code and a watch, and you could probably just call two scenes if you're not comfortable with coding.
Vera Edge EU, Fibaro FGRM 222 (12), Fibaro FGS 223 (20), Fibaro FGS 222 (5), Fibaro Universal Binary Sensor (2), Fibaro Plug (3), NeoCoolCam Door Sensor (3), NeoCoolCam PIR (2), Nest (3), Home Server running my own integrations, Harmony Hub, OpenSprinkler, Personal Weather Station, Sonoff TH & more