Author Topic: Open VPN client on Vera  (Read 101 times)

Offline strojki

Open VPN client on Vera
« on: February 19, 2018, 10:30:28 am »
Hi everyone,

I am trying to create Property System for several apartments for rent. It this use case, I am creating an app that would be able to remotely and synchronously run different scenarios on different places, that are executed by the app. Because I want everything to make secure, I need to satisfy 2 conditions:
- I should be able to execute web services for each scenario from cloud (virtual machine with installed app) with specific rules
- I should be able to have encrypted traffic, probably over VPN. In that case, since infrastructure on different apartments is unknown, Vera should initiate VPN tunel, and then, server app would trigger scenes I need.

So far, I installed OVPN server on the server in the cloud, and connected few soft clients (they work fine). When I try to install OVPN on Vera, this is what I get back:

Code: [Select]
root@MiOS_45107238:/etc# opkg install openvpn-openssl openvpn-easy-rsa
Installing openvpn-openssl (2.3.2-3) to root...
Package openvpn-easy-rsa (2013-01-30-2) installed in root is up to date.
Collected errors:
 * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for openvpn-openssl:
 *      kernel (= 3.10.34-2-331f5e9237834c34d5297f24073346fd) *
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package openvpn-openssl.

It seems that kernel version is not right. Does anybody have this experience how to install OVPN on vera, or any other VPN client that would enable me this functionality?

« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 11:01:01 am by strojki »