Author Topic: Linear Garage Door Opener Response Time  (Read 410 times)

Offline will335i

Linear Garage Door Opener Response Time
« on: February 20, 2018, 12:12:35 pm »
I have two Linear Garage Door Openers installed and currently they work flawlessly the only complaint I have is the response time. When I tell it to open or close the Linear control beeps for a few seconds and then the door starts to operate. Is there a way to speed this up?

Another thing I noticed is after I operate it with the Vera there is a downtime before I can operate it with the Vera again. Can this downtime be eliminated or shortened?

Offline wilme2

Re: Linear Garage Door Opener Response Time
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 12:29:20 pm »
I have two Linear Garage Door Openers installed and currently they work flawlessly the only complaint I have is the response time. When I tell it to open or close the Linear control beeps for a few seconds and then the door starts to operate. Is there a way to speed this up?

Another thing I noticed is after I operate it with the Vera there is a downtime before I can operate it with the Vera again. Can this downtime be eliminated or shortened?

That delay is by design for safety.  It is now a UL listing standard...
Long Live UI5!  (OK finally made the switch to UI7 in January 2018, and am pretty happy....)

Offline will335i

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 01:13:12 pm »
I can understand that since you don't have to be in visual proximity of the garage door to operate it with the Vera. Thanks for the info

Online Jamr

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 01:36:23 pm »
It is called UL325 and it is designed to keep people from getting hurt from automating door and gates and similar.
http://www.ul325.com/
The Linear does this audible and visual delay for both the open and close command.
The Telguard only does this audible and visual delay for the close command.

Personally, I like the audible and visual delay for both up and down (sometimes I am out in the garage and the door will open when my significant other comes home and it scares the crap out of me.) but I like the Telguard better than the Linear for it's hard wired door sensor.
If you want to know more about the differences between the two GDO sub controllers.......
https://www.007systems.com/garage-door-control.html