We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: PLUGIN: Virtual Sensor  (Read 3612 times)

Offline cozmokramer

• Sr. Newbie
Re: PLUGIN: Virtual Sensor
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2018, 04:07:23 am »
Excellent. I figured it out another way too, just a little new to this Vera thiny :)

Offline rigpapa

• Beta Testers
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2018, 05:53:40 am »
Spot on. Go to your installed plugins list, click on VittualSensor, and you'll find that "Create Another" button.
Author of Reactor, DelayLight, SiteSensor, Rachio, Deus Ex Machina II, Intesis WMP Gateway, Auto Virtual Thermostat and VirtualSensor plugins. Vera Plus w/100+ Z-wave devices. Vera3, Lite. Hassio, Slapdash.

Offline cranb

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2019, 05:40:10 am »
Hello,

Woke up this morning with three virtual devices that showed the "can't connect to device" error. When i checked the Virtual sensor plugin, it now shows that the plugin needs to be "enabled" for the virtual sensors to work. I am almost sure that this was not necessary before as this also enables the simulator which i don't use at the moment.

Is the above a result of the new version (1.5) ?? Or am i missing something?

Offline rigpapa

• Beta Testers
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2019, 09:29:12 am »
The copy-to-child-virtual-sensor functionality was hastily added, you may recall. So I'm now working at cleaning that up, and ultimately making that the central interface of the plugin, with the function generator secondary (but I'm not there yet). One of the other requests was that there be a way to stop the copy action, so the enabled/disabled state now does that. For the moment, if you don't want to use the function generator, just set a large period and interval; this will minimize the CPU effort there, which is already miniscule, anyway.
Author of Reactor, DelayLight, SiteSensor, Rachio, Deus Ex Machina II, Intesis WMP Gateway, Auto Virtual Thermostat and VirtualSensor plugins. Vera Plus w/100+ Z-wave devices. Vera3, Lite. Hassio, Slapdash.

Offline cranb

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2019, 11:55:32 am »
Makes perfect sense! Was just wondering, my Vera has been so unstable lately that the three "not connected" devices almost gave me a heart attack  ;) 8)

Thanks again for the great work on your plugins!

Offline rigpapa

• Beta Testers
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2019, 01:31:23 pm »
Makes perfect sense! Was just wondering, my Vera has been so unstable lately that the three "not connected" devices almost gave me a heart attack  ;) 8)

I am so sorry! I know exactly how that feels. More good stuff coming. I'll warn you first. :)

guest32500

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2019, 10:34:57 am »
Hi RigPapa,

While searching for an answer to my problem, I came across your thread and plug-in :)
I wish I had found you earlier as I have been looking for the functionality of a Virtual Switch but with an extra Arm/Disarm toggle for ages.

I thought that I had found my ideal answer when I came across this thread;-
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,86502.0.html

I have made several Virtual Motion Sensors by uploading a new I_MotionSensor1.xml  to my VERA and following their instructions to create the devices manually.
Everything works very well, with one exception.
For a few of the devices, I want to only trigger them and cannot easily send an untrigger.
I would like some of them to revert to untriggered by themselves - after a set period (30 seconds)

I have tried to install a new service using the instructions in this thread;-
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,102089.0.html
but the variable AutoUntrip is not created.

I don't want to hijack your thread as I've not installed your plug-in (it seems a bit overkill for my needs) but you seem to be very knowledgeable about variables and possibly know what I should do?

Offline rigpapa

• Beta Testers
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2019, 07:43:36 pm »
You should just be able to create the AutoUntrip variable yourself in your sensor, and assign it a non-zero number of seconds for the time period. You can do that by going to the Advanced tab for your sensor, then go to the "New Service" sub-tab, and enter the following:

New service: urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1
New variable: AutoUntrip
New value: (enter the number of seconds for the reset time)

The hit the "Add" button, and then the "Reload Engine" button. That should be all you need to do.