We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Howto read temperature values with more decimal places  (Read 27269 times)

Offline dali

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Howto read temperature values with more decimal places
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2013, 05:50:48 pm »
MCV has now published my support question on http://support.micasaverde.com/customer/portal/questions/1330048-temperature-values-in-vera-missing-decimals
Please everyone, go there and write a note and show that there are more people than me who want this fixed.

Offline walberg

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2013, 09:58:59 am »
I have heard from a person in "Leiden - the Netherlands"  that he has the same problem like me,  he used the rfxlan and got stupid measurements and now he has bought the RFXtrx and now the measurements are correct.  Ik think i am going to buy a RFXtrx (and even try to connect an RFXSensor with 3  temp sensors.

Offline korttoma

« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2013, 01:04:30 pm »
Unfortunately RFXSensor is currently not supported by the RFXtrx433 plugin. This is something I miss also. I created a thread about it under RFXtrx433 plugin but got no response. Please comment in the thread, hopefully someone with coding skills will decide to make it happen.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,15662.0.html
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 01:10:01 pm by korttoma »
- Tomas

Offline nickrwym

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2013, 01:46:59 pm »
Response left on the Vera Support centre that the link went to.

Nick

Offline jduchon

« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2013, 01:03:59 am »
I left a message too. There is a "somewhat constructive" answer from the director of product development, but in the same time, they would consider a fix for UI7??
Jerome

Offline Da_JoJo

• If something aint work, we can allways try n make
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2013, 06:17:11 am »
i did write a note there on dali's support question. asking MCV why they do not conform to the specs they agreed on in the first place .
http://upnp.org/specs/ha/UPnP-ha-TemperatureSensor-v1-Service.pdf
look here at 2.2 table 1. it says REQUIRED 0.01 degrees C
Vera lite (1.5.622), 2x an-158/2, dead usb pl2302 rs-232, 2x greenwave 6 port, 4x Fibaro FGD211 v1.6, FGBS001, few FGS - 221, etc. AuthomationHD 3 for android :-)
Dutch & German translator http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Special:AllPages http://support.micasaverde.com http://domotica-shop.nl

Offline dali

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2013, 06:39:36 am »
I still have an ongoing conversation with MCV, but they're taking 1-2 weeks to reply each time, so it's taking veeeeeeery long to get answers...

Again, please go to http://support.micasaverde.com/customer/portal/questions/1330048-temperature-values-in-vera-missing-decimals and show your need for this bug to get fixed.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 06:42:47 am by dali »

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2013, 07:19:49 am »
@dali,

Thanks for your effort.

Also, to continue the discussion, an implementation proposal was sent to @micasaverde a long time ago. Have not heard back.

Processing the Z-Wave sensor values in full resolution is no big deal, and displaying these values isn't either, and also works with current control points.

Some thought needs to be given to event processing. Not sure how many plug-ins this would affect and if that really is such a big problem. I believe I proposed to make it user selectable, with the default being current behavior. I suspect that over time, things would migrate to the higher resolution.
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline dali

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2013, 08:34:28 am »
oTi@, when did you send that proposal? Can you include it here, so that I can reference that in my communication with MCV?

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2013, 10:32:16 am »
I'd have to look up the communication; somewhere last year. But you can mention it was sent to @micasaverde, and I'm pretty sure I copied @mcvflorin as well.

Also, we try to raise/highlight 'common' issues (i.e. stuff that pops up repeatedly / is asked for by multiple users) on the private beta board. Regarding the sensor value resolution, one such mention was on 12/26/2011; and @Ap15e raised the UPnP issue on 12/19/2011, if not earlier.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 10:35:59 am by oTi@ »
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline VeraEdger

« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2015, 04:01:04 pm »
Shoot Whish I read this topic earlier. Just bought the st814 and now it seems it (well the Vera) only does rounded degrees......

Still no solution I guess, as I am facing this issue too.

Edit:
What about if I say buy a NEST? Would it be possible to read the temperature with decimals and more important set it to 20.5 for example?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 04:06:06 pm by VeraEdger »

Offline a-lurker

« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2015, 05:45:56 pm »
This really needs to be fixed in UI5 UI6 UI7. One degree steps in Centigrade readings are a bit too coarse. Virtually every country in the world uses Centigrade except five or so recalcitrant countries. One of which should know better!!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 05:48:24 pm by a-lurker »

Offline Kongsvik

« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2015, 04:48:08 am »
All my temperature sensors are reporting in tenth of a degree in GUI, so for me the only problem is that I cannot use decimal numbers when creating scenes! Really annoying and something you would expect from such a controller. Sad to see that you have more control over temperature with the lousy built-in termostats in 30$ heaters.

Please fix this, MCV.

Offline akbooer

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2015, 08:00:47 am »
All my temperature sensors are reporting in tenth of a degree in GUI

...then surely you cannot be using Zwave sensors on Vera?
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline Kongsvik

« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2015, 05:08:23 pm »
...then surely you cannot be using Zwave sensors on Vera?

Indeed. I only have Zwave modules in my house. Aeon Labs multisensor 6, Qubino Flush relay1 with temp-sensor, ++. See screenshot.