We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Howto read temperature values with more decimal places  (Read 28040 times)

Offline akbooer

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • "Less is more"
Re: Howto read temperature values with more decimal places
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2015, 05:31:26 pm »
Ah, are all these Zwave+ modules, then? (ie. very new)

3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline Kongsvik

« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2015, 04:03:02 pm »
Ah, are all these Zwave+ modules, then? (ie. very new)

Most of them, but I have at least one really old Express Controls EZMotion motion/temp/light sensor, that is one of the listed devices in the screenshot...

Offline ConstantSphere

• Beta Testers
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2015, 04:23:58 pm »
After getting frustrated with the lack of accuracy being reported on my Veralite, I created a plug-in called Decimal Thermostat that can read the raw z-wave data and display a decimal temperature value.  I have only tested it on my Veralite and it seems to be displaying tenths of a degree for my Secure (Horstmann Controls) thermostat device. I have another thermostat device but looking at the z-wave data that doesn't support tenths of a degree.

Configure by setting the device number of an existing thermostat in the advanced settings, restart, and it will mirror the settings of the specified device.  As an additional feature, clicking "Heat" on the thermostat will boost the temperature of the device for 1 hour. Changing the temperature or hitting "Heat" will also request heat from any associated HVAC device, if required, meaning immediate heat and not having to wait for the poll period of a battery thermostat. 

When in Boost mode, mirroring of the temperature set-point is suspended, meaning that any timers that set the temperature will be ignored until the boost is over, when the set-point will be set to where it would have been, had the boost not happened.

Under the covers it enables logging of log level 42 which is the raw z-wave data coming back from devices and decodes this data to get the original temperature value before displaying it.  It can be set to poll the logs at any interval (default 5 mins) and a device to monitor must be specified.

http://apps.mios.com/plugin.php?id=8516
Vera Lite (UI5), 3xFibaro Universal Dimmers, Fibaro Roller Shutter, 2xFibaro Relay, 2xNorthQ Data Loggers, Secure Wall Thermostat, Secure Boiler Receiver, Remotec AC IR extender

Offline parkerc

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
  • Life Moves Pretty Fast....
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2015, 03:59:57 am »
Hi @constantSphere

I was amazed to see someone had solved the decade long Vera/z-wave decimal point problem.

It seemed like that was an impossible dream to have - so I installed your plugin from the store but sadly I get the follow error.

Decimal Thermostat : Lua error

Do you have a dedicated page for your plugin?

Offline Kongsvik

« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2015, 05:39:49 am »
I am still a bit puzzled why my Vera box has been showing decimal numbers all along, and so many of you guys are having problems with this? I have not done anything - it was displaying decimal numbers from day one. 

I would have been extremely annoyed if it didn't  :-\

Offline akbooer

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2015, 06:32:22 am »
I am still a bit puzzled why my Vera box has been showing decimal numbers all along, and so many of you guys are having problems with this? I have not done anything - it was displaying decimal numbers from day one. 

What temperature sensors are you using?
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline ConstantSphere

• Beta Testers
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2015, 12:54:04 pm »
@parkerc, I've created a new topic here: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,34841.msg256776.html to discuss the plugin

« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 03:42:51 pm by ConstantSphere »
Vera Lite (UI5), 3xFibaro Universal Dimmers, Fibaro Roller Shutter, 2xFibaro Relay, 2xNorthQ Data Loggers, Secure Wall Thermostat, Secure Boiler Receiver, Remotec AC IR extender

Offline Kongsvik

« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2015, 10:00:46 am »
What temperature sensors are you using?
See my post from October 04. Lots of different stuff. Both old and new.

Offline Kongsvik

« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2016, 06:50:50 pm »
One year and several firmware upgrades later, I see that nothing has improved here...

Assuming Vera is not intending to fix this, is there a way I can adress decimal temperature values and use them as on/off triggers by using LUUP code?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 07:01:50 pm by Kongsvik »

Offline ConstantSphere

• Beta Testers
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2016, 07:00:34 pm »
Have you tried using this plug-in to get decimal values https://apps.mios.com/plugin.php?id=8516
There is also some discussion about it here http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,34841.0.html

Offline Kongsvik

« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2016, 02:46:46 am »
I am on Vera Egde with UI7, and never had a problem displaying decimal temperatures. All my devices does that, but when I want to create a scene trigger based on temp values, it will only accept integer values :(

I will look in the thread to see if there is some pointers for setting these conditions with lua code...