Author Topic: SensorBiType What is this variable  (Read 452 times)

Offline rafale77

SensorBiType What is this variable
« on: March 03, 2018, 02:40:13 pm »
In the ZwaveDevice class this variable sometimes show up on sensors. I just don't know what it does.
I am having a problem with a door sensor which autountrip after 10s even though this variable and function no longer exists in the security sensor class. I suspect it is what is causing the auto-untrip
openLuup (97 devices, 134 scenes, 20 apps) controlling HomeAss + VeraPlus (138 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 205 devices, 20 scenes , 2 app) Bridged to Homekit and Alexa. VeraPlus ExtRooted!

Offline rigpapa

Re: SensorBiType What is this variable
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2018, 03:32:42 pm »
...which autountrip after 10s even though this variable and function no longer exists in the security sensor class.

Not answering your question here, but I believe AutoUntrip is very much alive and well, at least as of 3232. I have a VirtualSensor plugin that I've recently been updating/testing, and observed the AutoUntrip at work and had to code specific workarounds to keep my plugin from re-tripping prematurely. Has there been a statement from Vera about this function?
Author of Reactor, DelayLight, SiteSensor, Rachio, Deus Ex Machina II, Intesis WMP Gateway, Auto Virtual Thermostat and VirtualSensor plugins. Vera Plus w/100+ Z-wave devices. Vera3 sandbox.

Offline rafale77

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2018, 05:22:34 pm »
Hi Rigpapa,

I just looked into the S_SecuritySensor1.xml file for the available variables and the AutoUntrip and the IgnoreTripTime variables are not there unlike the others which are documented here:
http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Luup_UPnP_Variables_and_Actions
This is why I thought it had been removed.

The devices in question do not have this parameter yet do auto-untrip. I tried adding it and set it to 0 but it did not do anything so I am curious as to what is untripping my sensors after 10s.
openLuup (97 devices, 134 scenes, 20 apps) controlling HomeAss + VeraPlus (138 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 205 devices, 20 scenes , 2 app) Bridged to Homekit and Alexa. VeraPlus ExtRooted!

Offline rigpapa

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2018, 07:47:36 pm »
The security service files don't always have an exhaustive list of all of the variables. Any device gets by fine without variables declared there, but two distinct types seem to need the declarations: (1) those variables that send events (e.g. may be used in triggers for scenes in conjunction with eventList2 in the static JSON); and (2) those that should present with a short-code in sdata/lu_data requests. It seems logical to me that since AutoUntrip is a control value, but not a trigger or that interesting in a short-code, it would not be listed.

Edit: words are hard
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 07:50:58 pm by rigpapa »
Author of Reactor, DelayLight, SiteSensor, Rachio, Deus Ex Machina II, Intesis WMP Gateway, Auto Virtual Thermostat and VirtualSensor plugins. Vera Plus w/100+ Z-wave devices. Vera3 sandbox.

Offline tinman

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2018, 10:10:06 am »
The AutoUntrip and IgnoreTripTime are just two more examples of the poor or non-existent documentation of things that impact folks trying to work on plugins. The poor emphasis on documentation is also evidenced by the amount of resources devoted to the wiki; it's one of the least responsive sites you'll visit.
As for the AutoUntrip and IgnoreTripTime variables, be sure that when you add them you are using the correct service ID: urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1
The plugin that I've been working on adds the AutoUntrip variable when creating a door/window sensor or a motion sensor. It does NOT add the IgnoreTripTime variable but that variable does show up in the device's Advanced -> Variables tab. I don't know where it come from.