We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Leviton 4 Zone controller  (Read 40249 times)

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
Re: Leviton 4 Zone controller
« Reply #120 on: April 19, 2011, 02:26:38 pm »
Anybody on this thread using the VRCZ4-M0Z or VRCS4-M0Z?
Yes, @aschwalb is; the zone controllers.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 02:30:09 pm by oTi@ »
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #121 on: April 19, 2011, 02:32:53 pm »
[...]My goal might be different....I wanted these to not go through Vera for communication (just for speed and reliablity. So far perfect score!
Exactly; just lighting scenes/zones. But @ASIHome's example is a good one for use with Vera. Can't do that without Vera.

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #122 on: April 20, 2011, 12:30:38 pm »
[...]I have tried several time to program them with Vera but I am happier with the results from the Leviton Remote. [...]So far perfect score!
@TimAlls,
Does the perfect score include perfect LED behavior, particularly when, say, switching a zone On with a button on the controller, then switching the devices off through Vera (SQRemote, etc.)?

Offline TimAlls

« Reply #123 on: April 20, 2011, 04:51:00 pm »
oTi@,
It is what I expected so for me......a perfect score!
Is it perfect....No way! That is why I want Vera to take over someday... 8)

Ok, ....here are the details.....
The Scene Controller is smart within it own little world...lights do what Leviton says. Push for Scene on and Push for Scene off works perfect.
Change dimmer level LOCAL and the light goes off indicating no longer at the Scene setting. Programming a scene is easy....hold the button until it flashes and set all the dimmers in the group assigned to the button. Works perfect. Instant response time every time!
Change the lighting level on a different controller....no change on the LED's. That is the only thing that could improve.

Zone controllers: very similar to the Scene controllers....smart locally not globally!
Switches one to five dimmers per button and dims perfectly. Dimmers work perfectly and response time is instant.
Room for Improvements.....The dimmer function is tied to the last used button and you will forget which button that it is! So, it would be better for me if the LED's were all off except the current buttons LED, if that makes sense to you!
Also if you have two Zone controllers that control the same loads they do not talk to each other....the lights never change....only local action makes them change!
IMHO
Insteon did a better job with mutiple dimmers but they came into the market too late with RF Dimmers.

Thats the skinny!

Regards
Tim Alls
AllSeas Yachts

Offline aschwalb

« Reply #124 on: April 20, 2011, 08:44:09 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

1.1.1245  Having reset and re-installed all my GE Dimmers/Switches an Leviton Controllers.  All is perfect with Vera in full control.  The only issue I saw was when I tried to assign a scene to a controller that had no commands or events in it.  Then it seemed to hand on the Setting Special.....   Once I correctly built the scenes all went smoothly.  (I had the scene shells but they were empty when I reset the z-wave network).

Will do more rigorous testing but all looks good.

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #125 on: April 21, 2011, 06:47:24 am »
Yep; understood. Thanks @TimAlls for the added detail.

Change the lighting level on a different controller....no change on the LED's. That is the only thing that could improve.
[...]
Also if you have two Zone controllers that control the same loads they do not talk to each other....the lights never change....only local action makes them change!
You should be able to get the expected LED behavior on all controllers. So if you assign a zone to a button on controller A and to a button on controller B, then the LEDs on both controller A and B will change appropriately when activating the zone through either controller, locally on the devices, etc. I expect the same for scenes, but haven't fully tested this with multiple controllers. Make sure all reverse associations are set appropriately. It's easiest to fully reset everything involved if they were previously configured by Vera, because 'traces' are definitely left if you switch from programming with Vera to programming with the Leviton remote.

Room for Improvements.....The dimmer function is tied to the last used button and you will forget which button that it is! So, it would be better for me if the LED's were all off except the current buttons LED, if that makes sense to you!
Yes, it does. You could probably do something with Vera (and coding) there. (Have last active zone be green, other actives zones amber, in-active zones off, etc.)  8)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 07:32:52 am by oTi@ »

Offline TimAlls

« Reply #126 on: April 21, 2011, 10:41:16 pm »
Yep; understood. Thanks @TimAlls for the added detail.

You should be able to get the expected LED behavior on all controllers. So if you assign a zone to a button on controller A and to a button on controller B, then the LEDs on both controller A and B will change appropriately when activating the zone through either controller, locally on the devices, etc. I expect the same for scenes, but haven't fully tested this with multiple controllers. Make sure all reverse associations are set appropriately. It's easiest to fully reset everything involved if they were previously configured by Vera, because 'traces' are definitely left if you switch from programming with Vera to programming with the Leviton remote.

I tested multiple Zone Controllers today.....Vera is Primary, Leviton dimmers Associated ok, and I posted in a new thread how to make the GE dimmers work with the controller. The controllers do not talk to each other when controlling the same zones.
How can you control the LEDs ?? I don't see them in the variable list.
Regards
Tim Alls
AllSeas Yachts
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 10:53:54 pm by TimAlls »

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #127 on: April 21, 2011, 11:56:29 pm »
1.1.1245  [...] Then it seemed to hand on the Setting Special.....   Once I correctly built the scenes all went smoothly.
I've seen the stuck on "Setting Special Association" again as well, with .1245. In my case, doing an exclude, full reset, include cycle on the controller fixed it.