Author Topic: Info on network issues Draytek 2925N+  (Read 596 times)

Offline kommando

Info on network issues Draytek 2925N+
« on: March 05, 2018, 05:03:07 am »
Installed new router Draytek 2925N+ and setup the Vera edge as it had been on all previous routers, fixed IP address and router DHCP table updated with MAC info and bound to the IP address. Vera edge connection was lost within 1 to 2 hours of router reboot, Vera's lights showed it was still connected to internet but direct access using fixed IP address failed, also the special IP defined by MAC address and external access via the Vera website showed the Vera as being offline. I have 6 other items on fixed IP's eg routers, CCTV cameras etc and these have no connection issues. Connection to router is via ethernet cable but even if I connected a laptop to the Vera Wifi the IP address was still inaccessible.

The fix was to reboot router to gain access and then immediately go into the Vera and change it to take a DHCP assigned address and then to update and remove the MAC from the IP bound table on the router, before I did this I asked the Vera to check the network and it checked out as fully functioning.

As I could never access the Vera when the issue appeared I have not been able to run its network diagnostics, the router ARP table showed the fixed IP address when I had access and not on the list when there was no access.

So if you have the same issue with a Draytek router try changing from fixed to DHCP assigned IP address.

Offline Rodger3876

Re: Info on network issues Draytek 2925N+
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 05:39:02 pm »
FYI, I had to do the same thing on my TP-Link TL-6020VPN after the last firmware update (Vera Plus)? I still run static IPs on everything else including my other 2 Vera 3s (Slaves). I don't know why, but the Vera Plus just will not operate with a static IP anymore.

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 09:10:12 pm »
I do not use static IP's but in my router (Netgear 6300) I reserve IP's to MACs to ensure all my devices use the a consistent IP address.
Vera 3, 1.7.1030, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual/Multi Switch, Weatherunderground, LB60Z-1 bulb

Offline kommando

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 02:40:44 pm »
I set the Draytek not to release old leased IP's periodically and extended the lease period so it should stay on the same DHCP IP, it may have been the last firmware that did it, can't be 100% certain as there has been a lot changed recently on the network and the firmware took 3 attempts as seems to be the norm.