Author Topic: Anyone using the professional monitoring service with VeraSecure?  (Read 389 times)

Offline Habitjim

Thinking about upgrading my VeraPlus to Verasecure. We lose internet often and would like the cellular backup feature even though do not need the professional monitoring.

Would like to know if anyone has had to use the cellular backup and can you still control the system remotely on cellular or does it only notify the monitoring service?

Offline SirVer

Re: Anyone using the professional monitoring service with VeraSecure?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 07:15:34 pm »
I'm building a new system for a home we just purchased and using the VeraSecure as the brains.
I too am curious about the Cellular option for internet backup since the security part is so important.  Don't want someone to cut the cable wire at the house and cripple the whole system.
Unfortunately, I cannot answer your questions.... just a "me too" to bump this back to life.

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
Re: Anyone using the professional monitoring service with VeraSecure?
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 05:47:07 am »
Built-in cellular kicks in automatically when the internet connection is down and you will also get a notification with this event.
While the unit is in cellular mode, only the basic functions will be controllable remotely. Panic button, enable customer care remote access and change the house modes (arm/disarm).
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7