Author Topic: Problem with video camera upload?  (Read 473 times)

Offline lecter

Problem with video camera upload?
« on: March 08, 2018, 10:25:33 am »
Have you had any problems with the automatic upload from video cameras to the built-in or Vera Sentinel cloud storage?

For a couple of days I've been receiving system alerts of the type "Upload failed" whenever the cameras are triggered by things like the door sensors and I can't download the supposedly recorded video, getting a HTTP400 error in the Android app when attempting this.

Any ideas?

Offline lecter

Re: Problem with video camera upload?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 12:53:13 am »
So I take it everyone's video uploads work fine?

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 08:19:42 pm »
Many folks never use it. We use Blue Iris.
Vera 3, 1.7.1030, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual/Multi Switch, Weatherunderground, LB60Z-1 bulb

Offline lecter

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2018, 03:33:05 pm »
Gotcha...I opened a support ticket, hope it will resolve it.

I do like how the Sentinel service is completely integrated, I've considered Blue Iris previously and might dedicate my always-on PC to running it as well, but it just seems like an extra complication since all my cameras are supported by Vera anyway and all I really want them to do is record to cloud when triggered.

Offline lecter

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018, 05:19:17 am »
So, got a reply from Support, it seems it's not just me:

"The situation you encountered with the cameras is a server-side issue and it only replicates under certain conditions. I reported it to our development team which is working on a fix patch, it should be solved in a future cloud update. However, at the moment I cannot provide an ETA for it."

It would be nice if I didn't have to pay for Sentinel while this was going on, gonna ask for a refund for the current month.