Author Topic: Encryption compatible devices for mesh extension  (Read 273 times)

Offline fleetmack

• Sr. Newbie
Encryption compatible devices for mesh extension
« on: March 09, 2018, 01:28:37 pm »
Schlage locks use encryption, and thus, communicate directly with the controller. So if your locks are far away from your device (I use a Vere Plus), you are S.O.L.  However, I stumbled upon this tidbit on the Vera site:

http://support.getvera.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2579362-how-do-z-wave-devices-go-out-of-range-or-stop-working-

"-is that device a door lock? If so you will need to add in your Z-Wave network a security compatible (encryption capable) device which can relay the encrypted signal that the door lock needs to communicate with the Vera unit. "

That was discussing losing signal due to distnace from controller. My question:  What are some encryption-capable devices I can install to extend the mesh network?.  Meaning, I'd love to get a power receptacle or something that I can put between the controller and the lock that can pass the encrypted signal on to my schlage lock. Are there such devices?

Offline fleetmack

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Encryption compatible devices for mesh extension
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 01:50:44 pm »
It seems I may just need something that supports "beaming". If this is true, I should be covered with the HomeSeer Hs-WD100+ dimmer switches that I'm putting in this weekend ....

Offline MichaelCoffin

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 05:36:56 pm »
And on a similar note, are all z-Wave Plus devices encryption capable and will devices like locks be able to talk over a z-Wave plus mesh?

-MC

Offline kwieto

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 07:13:57 am »
My question:  What are some encryption-capable devices I can install to extend the mesh network?.  Meaning, I'd love to get a power receptacle or something that I can put between the controller and the lock that can pass the encrypted signal on to my schlage lock. Are there such devices?

Repeaters