We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: "TedStriker" Where are you? - Ping Plugin  (Read 10217 times)

Offline JOD

Re: "TedStriker" Where are you? - Ping Plugin
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2011, 04:22:17 pm »
IMHO, I think the issue is that these plugins become somewhat copyrighted to where other developers don't want to step on toes by making fixes / changes.
The fact everything is open source should negate that thinking.
You'll also notice a lot of other developer input at the beginning when a plugin is being created but then it becomes the original developers responsibility to maintain it. That's why I posted this: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=6280.0 to try to encourage MCV to take over the responsibility.

JOD.
I'm sorry, my responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.

Offline iflyM3

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2011, 04:40:50 pm »
Oh, yeah.  I totally agree with you on that one.  I know the Dev's have a lot on their plate too, keeping up with all of their contributions/projects.  Also knowing that they don't get paid or reimbursed in a monetary sense by MCV.  We all have our own lives and jobs to attend to as well.  

I don't know where you all find the time to do what you guys/gals do.  lol.  All I do know is that all of your hard work, contributions, and efforts are very, very appreciated and extremely welcomed.  

The main reason why I bought Vera in the first place was because of how tight I noticed the community within this forum really is.  I realized that there isn't going to be much outright support from MCV themselves and with Vera being an open platform it really is this community that is going to be able to push Vera to its limitations and tap into what Vera can really do... both from the user's coming up through the process and possibility of becoming developers themselves in the future, and the more senior developers that are developing projects pushing the boundaries of Vera.

It's this tight nit community and the continuation of contributions always pushing the limitations that make Vera what it is and that make it enjoyable.    :)

I too, think that MCV should at some point take over responsibility as well.  That would be nice.  lol.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 04:48:23 pm by iflyM3 »
Vera 2 UI5 (1.5.622)... and too many Z-Wave/Ethernet/Wi-Fi devices to list.

Offline Henk

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2011, 04:02:20 pm »
@iflyM3,

I tried the normal and inverted versions and both an armed sensor is tripped and A sensor (door/window/motion/etc.) is tripped with the same results. The device trips on discovering the IP but will not trigger as an event. I've deleted the device and created 4 additional with the same results.

Have you uploaded the revised I_PingSensor.xml that @zhouse posted 3 posts up?
When I uploaded it, the bypass function started working but it stopped working as a trigger.

I'll double check by uploading the old I_PingSensor.xml and see if it starts working again but it will lose the bypass function.

*Edit. Just uploaded the old I_PingSensor.xml, lost the bypass function (actually it was in the bypass state already and now wont arm) but still will not trigger an event.

The I_PingSensor.xml dated:
9/19/09 wont allow changing arm / bypass
8/29/10 wont allow changing arm / bypass
4/29/11 does allow changing arm / bypass via the UI but it cannot be changed via a scene.

JOD.

@JOD

I installed pingsensor version 1.4 "as is" today and my vera 2 @ 1.1.1245 UI4 does create the device, but i dont get the arm/bypassbuttons in the gui.

Running iVera 1.06 from my iPhone does show the buttons and the trigger state.

I have refrained from incorperating the function into any scene yet, as i thought (before checking iVera) that the device wasnt working properly under UI4.

Am i right to understand you have the same issue?

Regards,

Henk
| Vera2 @ UI4 1.1.1350 / 3.20 | Vera Lite @ UI5 | Vera 3 @ UI5 | 2x Merten  504519 | 1x Duewi  064374 | 1x Everspring SM103 doorbell mod |1 Y-cam IP cam | various LUUP plugins |

Offline iflyM3

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2011, 05:14:43 pm »
@Henk

Within the D_PingSensor.xml file...

just add:
<staticJson>D_MotionSensor1.json</staticJson>

right below:
<deviceType>urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:MotionSensor:1</deviceType>

Just make sure that its within the D_PingSensor.xml file.

You'll get the "arm" and "bypass" buttons to show up (you might have to save, and refresh Vera's GUI a couple of times) and if you're lucky you'll be able to use them through the dashboard of Vera's GUI.  I haven't been able to get the buttons to work, only through the mobile app for Vera does it work for me.  
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 05:19:20 pm by iflyM3 »
Vera 2 UI5 (1.5.622)... and too many Z-Wave/Ethernet/Wi-Fi devices to list.

Offline Henk

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2011, 05:39:32 pm »
@iflyM3

Thanks, that actually worked after i re-injected the xml into vera
Now i see bypass and arm buttons.

I concur with you on your thought (dicussed with JOD) that some of the code should be cleaned up and be developed more by some savvy ppl.

Your suggestion to have Ap15e look at it might be good, or even Guessed could take a look since he seems to understand LUUP quite well.

For now, thanks again for the quicky update

Henk
| Vera2 @ UI4 1.1.1350 / 3.20 | Vera Lite @ UI5 | Vera 3 @ UI5 | 2x Merten  504519 | 1x Duewi  064374 | 1x Everspring SM103 doorbell mod |1 Y-cam IP cam | various LUUP plugins |

Offline Henk

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2011, 06:23:06 am »
As the line of code that was missing was seemingly known to the forum, i took the liberty to repack pingsensor 1.4
Of course all credits go to the original maker, but since he hasnt been around for some time and we all use "his" code, my perception was, that we better use the best code available then.

So i changed the xml as was pointed out in this thread, repacked it, renamed it to 1.41 and you will find it attached to this thread.

All UI4 users, this will help you run pingsensor with the right gui options.

Again, NO offense and all credits go top the original creator of the code as far as im concerned!

Regards,

Henk