Author Topic: Somfy Blind Setup in UI4  (Read 4129 times)

Offline PoPo

Somfy Blind Setup in UI4
« on: April 15, 2011, 10:29:08 am »
I am trying to setup a URTSI II to control 3 blinds in my bedroom.  The URTSI II is connected via a usb-serial adapter from Future Electronics (model UC232R-10) which is listed as working in the MCV wiki.  The wiki instructions for the Somfy Plugin appear to be out of date (I am running the latest RC firmware under UI4 on a Vera 2).  When i try to choose the serial port (under I/O in the device that is automatically created upon installing the plug in), my only option is "ftdi_sio [] used by".  Is this correct?  I have tried numerous configurations for the child blind devices that are set-up, but none of them seem to work.  Please let me know if you are able to configure this using UI4 and/or if you could update the wiki for the Somfy Plugin to provide instructions with options that are actually available under UI4! 

Offline shady

• This monkey knows his Window Coverings!
Re: Somfy Blind Setup in UI4
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 12:29:43 pm »
I believe the used by field is where you would select the device you created in the UI.  This would be under Mios Developers in the serial port configuration tab.

It sounds like you have created the device and child devices in the UI (linked to the proper D & I files), and you'd want to link the main parent device to the serial adapter  in the serial port configuration tab.
Vera3 1.5.346, Schlage (3)DB (2)Lever, Kwikset (1)Lever, RCS TZ43 Thermo, (2) Vizia RZI06-1LX 600W Dimmers, (17) Monster (Leviton) Dimmers (6) Monster (Leviton) IWC Scene Controllers (1) Etherrain-8, (3) HSM 100's (1)GE 3-Way set

Offline teonebello

• Macs, Home Automation, Bikers
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 03:08:20 am »
Hi popo,

I m configurati the somfy plu in in ui4.

Did do solve your problem? Can you explain us how to configure the plus in in ui4?

Thank you
Matteo

Offline shady

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 10:29:43 am »
Hi popo,

I m configurati the somfy plu in in ui4.

Did do solve your problem? Can you explain us how to configure the plus in in ui4?

Thank you
Matteo

I am not familiar with the Somfy Plus, are you referring to the RTS Radio interface (aka URTSII)?
Vera3 1.5.346, Schlage (3)DB (2)Lever, Kwikset (1)Lever, RCS TZ43 Thermo, (2) Vizia RZI06-1LX 600W Dimmers, (17) Monster (Leviton) Dimmers (6) Monster (Leviton) IWC Scene Controllers (1) Etherrain-8, (3) HSM 100's (1)GE 3-Way set

Offline teonebello

• Macs, Home Automation, Bikers
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 11:34:30 am »
Sorry i would have written Somfy Plug in. Yes i referring to' the URTSI I.

Do you have any step by step guide to set up it in vera .1245?

Should I programm it with my blind's remote before? Do you know?

Thank you very much
Matteo
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 09:12:19 pm by teonebello »

Offline shady

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 01:38:59 pm »
Yes, you should program it using your remote first.  You can check it by running the shades via its hard buttons on the front.  I'll see if I can locate an URTSII and run through a step by step, but I am pretty busy at the moment.  You may be able to search the forums for URSTII or URTSI or RTS Interface and find a user that has done it and PM them. 

From my memory you add it like any other device, by uploading the appropriate D and I files and creating a device under Mios Developers using theose two filenames in the appropriate fields.  The device should be created with a number of child devices for each channel (it may create all 16 even though you aren't using all 16).  Then you have to make sure your serial adapter cable is installed correctly and select the newly created Somfy URTSII device in its dropdown and Save.

Saving at every step and waiting for things to populate in the UI are a couple tips to follow.