We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Support for the new Danfoss Living Connect ?  (Read 50763 times)

Offline weissertigerxl

Re: Support for the new Danfoss Living Connect ?
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2011, 07:32:39 am »
Hi hommelgaard,

I will try to find a german contact. May be we are more lucky.

I cannot understand that they would be not interested in selling this stuff to ZWAVE community.

Now they are not responding any more. Will try to find out more at the weekend.

Offline ajlennon

« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2011, 08:23:23 am »

@weissertigerxl

At a guess they want to sell systems into installations which are high volume and/or don't require much configuration or support.

Selling to the z-wave community is probably perceived by Danfoss as low volume, custom, and fraught with support issues.

A/

Offline weissertigerxl

« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2011, 08:36:42 am »
Then they shouldn't label it with ZWAVE logo.

It is  a kind of customer blending.

Problem is, that at Europe there are no other thermostats for installions like that.

Hopefully we can solve this issue.

Offline weissertigerxl

« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2011, 09:11:23 am »
Hi all,

I just hat a phone call with a person of Danfoss Germany. He is knowing Living Connect and gave me a contact who is doing  a lot of stuff at ZWAVE technologie.
At monday I can contact him.

Some notes, which I got from phone call:

- the system is "closed" but there should be way to integrate at other home controls (how this should be, couldn't he told.
- delay of setting setpoint is sometimes based on low level of ZWAVE signal
- when the controller (e.g. Danfoss CC) is sending a change of setpoint, this should be recoginzed at once from the thermostat. He told me even, when the thermostat is sleeping. How this should be organized, didn't we find out yet. => there should be a command to start this.
- when controller changed temperature => this new temperature is used til the next schedule point is reached!! May be there is a problem because there is now standard schedule inside? He told me there is now standard schedule when delivering the modules.

Hopefully we can findout more at phone at monday. We should really try to send live signal to change schedules. I know there is a plug in (I already installed alpha), but I think this i not able to send live commands now.

Good day!

Offline intveltr

• Beta Testers
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2011, 11:00:54 am »
That's encouraging.

By the way, this is why...
1) Manufacturers like Danfoss should publish details on the commands their equipment responds to, and
2) Companies like MCV should allow access to the lower level functions (ZWave protocol) for plug-ins and the like

Why?  Because, as this episode around Danfoss thermostat and countless other examples prove, opening up standards and protocols mean that you as a manufacturer will not always have to solve every little compatibility issue with other equipment.  The user community will be more than happy to do that for you :)
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline Ap15e

• Beta Testers
« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2011, 09:19:52 am »
The user community will be more than happy to do that for you

YMMV, but I'm not happy to have to resort to Z-Wave hacking in order to be able to use my Danfoss LC with MiOS.

According to http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Release_Notes#1.1.1298_-_June_21.2C_2011_-_beta MCV added "support" for the Danfoss LC with version 1.1.1298 (and broke the support for the Danfoss RA PLUS-w ...).

The Luup API does allow for sending Z-Wave commands, but AFAIK there is no way to get access to the device responses from the Luup API - another Luup API defect.

Is there any specific reason not to switch over to OpenZWave or Z-WAVE>ME (http://en.z-wave.me/node/49)?

Offline ajlennon

« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2011, 03:41:10 am »
I will add my voice to the call for an improved API. A Z-Wave API that doesn't allow us to query devices for information and receive that information in a controlled manner is, imho, a very partial API.

Alex/

Offline Ap15e

• Beta Testers
« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2011, 02:04:28 pm »
DSS V0.3 ALPHA has experimental support for writing an UPnP setpoint schedule to a Danfoss LC thermostat:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,8609.0.html

Offline drugarjat

« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2012, 01:41:34 pm »
Hi,

Some time has passed since your investigation. Did you maybe manage to find some workaround for the issue with the delayed Danfoss valve response?
I'm interested of these thermostats but I got concerned reading all these complains but still I do not have any alternative for this kind of devices so probably I will be forced either to resign or to buy them...
Can someone describe how exactly these thermostats react when receive a temperature setpoint from Vera? Is the delay always the same (if yes how long) or it's different every time? Someone wrote that the delay  between the temperature setpoint received and the valve reaction is even more than 2 hours - is this truth?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Offline chemychemy

« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2012, 12:07:54 pm »
Hello,
I am an integrator from Spain. I got a customer who have a complete Dafoss system (central controller Danfoss Link). We wonder if it is possible hava in his house 1 Z-Wave network and control the valves both from the Danfoss controller and the Vera3.
Thanks and regards.
Jose / Chemy

Offline Gommasch

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2012, 03:26:45 am »
No - Z-Wave devices can only be connected to one controller at the time.

Offline intveltr

• Beta Testers
« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2012, 04:44:39 am »
It depends on how well-behaved the Danfoss central unit is.  Perhaps it is possible to add the Danfoss as a secondary controller to the Vera Z-wave network (and add all the valves to Vera as well), in which case you'd be able to control the valves from Vera as well as the Danfoss unit. 

One thing to keep in mind is that the Danfoss central unit probably issues regular transmissions to the valves, so anything you set from Vera will probably be overridden after a while.  The best option would be for Vera to talk to the Danfoss controller, but I don't think MCV have implemented that thing in Vera yet.
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline CedGex

« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2012, 04:04:47 am »
How is it working now ?

Is it compatible with the vera 3 (it s not written in the vera's hardware compatibility list) ?
- are there still problems with those devices (danfoss living connect) ?
=> What about the fix in January 2012 ?

UI5 : 1.5.276 - January 20, 2012 - private beta

Resolved issues in 1.5.276:

Remove 2 variables for the yale
    [...]
    fixes to danfoss living connect
    [...]

Has someone those devices and can tell us if it works correctly ?

Thank in advance for your answers.

Offline nlrb

« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2012, 03:30:39 pm »
(1) I've just discovered that Danfoss don't support M28 size valves so if you have a radiator with those (just slightly smaller diameter than the supported M30s) then you need to find a solution
M28 adaptors are available, see page 3 of the datasheet.

Offline C4Vette

« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2014, 04:02:54 am »
It is kind of sad that after several years there still is no support in Vera for the Danfoss LC.
For my bathroom I needed a radiator thermostat and being a Vera-fan it had to be Z-Wave enabled. Stupid me only read that the Danfoss has a 9x7 schedule possibility..... When it was in my hands and reading the 'manual' there was nothing in there about the schedule  ???
So I started reading on this forum about the Danfoss and became a little sad and disappointed that AP15e's, ajlennon's and intveltr's good work has stopped and is even removed. I'm even more disappointed with MCV that they haven't done anything to include functionality for this while calling their Vera a HA device! HA and heating is a perfect match in my opinion.

There must be a lot of Danfoss TRV's around after all those years being on the market. I've had a look at LUUP how this could be used to maintain and send a schedule to the thermostat but it is way beyond my capabilities. So any clues out there (MCV?) how to get this going?

Ed
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 04:05:45 am by C4Vette »
VeraLite UI7 1.7.649
Fan of: PLEG, DataYours, dutchSmartMeter, MySensors