We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: 1.1.1245 beta available for general testing  (Read 84003 times)

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
Re: 1.1.1245 beta available for general testing
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2011, 10:37:08 am »
The LED control for Leviton zone/scene controllers appears to be a one-way street.

Once the SetLight interface has been used, there is no return to native, internal Leviton-control. Not even after a factory-default reset of the controller (i.e. buttons 1+3 until blinking red). The last LED pattern will persist indefinitely.

Assume: network V (Vera as primary), network L (Leviton VRCPG as primary), controller C (Leviton scene/zone -MR/-M0), dimmer D (Leviton).
- Include D into L.
- Include C into L.
- 2-way associate C and D.
- Turn on/off D.
=> LEDs as expected.

- Exclude C from L.
- Include C into V (auto-configure: off).
- Use SetLight API to set button 2 green, button 3 red, button 4 amber.
=> LEDs as expected.

- Exclude C from V.
=> LEDs off.

- Factory-reset C.
=> LEDs off.

- Include C into L.
- 2-way associate C and D.
- Turn on D (locally, or through C).
=> LED button 1 off, button 2 green, button 3 red, button 4 amber.

=> Ticket 1476.

(Note 1: this is just to show the pattern is the last one programmed; similarly, turning all LEDs off before excluding from V, would result in all LEDs being off indefinitely when included into L.)
(Note 2: scene/zone control works, i.e. it's just the LEDs. But on scene controllers the color of the LED also determines the state of the scene, so a scene can only be turned on, or off (not both).)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 03:45:06 pm by oTi@ »
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline Soiferheld

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2011, 11:55:43 am »
Vera2 Firmware 1.1.1245,  Z-Wave Firmware 3.20 - UPGRADE REPORT.
I am posting this in the hopes that it may help someone else and for the development team to investigate.
The 1245 firmware installs fine.  You then have a new set of Options under that tab in Toolbox - ZWave Device.  One of these is to check a radio button to use the new 3.20 firmware for the chip, after which you must do a Reset ZWave Network under the Advanced tab in ZWave Device, presumably for the system to recreate the identifier and routing table based on the new set of handles provided in the updated firmware.
The Sections and Rooms remain, but all devices are deleted, at least their graphical representations are removed from the UI.  However, I believe that within the code the data sets are not getting purged, because (in my case) the ZWave function was unable to learn any devices from this point forward, either by activating the ZWave button on the back of Vera or by the Dashboard method via a Wi-Fi connection.  In the latter case one could see the status window indicating that it was waiting to acquire a device while Vera's ZWave LED blinked slowly, but as soon as the device was triggered and the LED flashed rapidly, indicating having received the transmission, the status window would indicate: "ZWave Network failed to go into learn mode, Aborting... please wait 1 minute and try again".  No matter how long I waited, or how often I tried, the new firmware just would not go into learn mode.
So then I tried to revert the system back to the old firmware and found another interesting twist.  When Restoring to Factory Defaults (under Advanced - Backup), I find that the new firmware installs itself as the new default - Vera always comes up running 1245, no matter how many times I tried to Restore.  This did not happen before, you could always Restore to the pre-1047 version that was installed in the router originally, and then go to the Installation Wizard to re-install 1047.
I also attempted to Restore my last known good backup while running under 1047, but this did not work either - the 3.20 firmware just could not re-learn the network or recognize the IDs of the devices.
To get the system operational again, what I finally did was to un-check the "Use 3.20" firmware radio button and reboot Vera in order to reload the old 2.78 firmware.  I then went to each device and excluded them first, after which Vera was able to include them anew.  I now have all the devices back under full control, but running under MiOS 1245 with ZWave 2.78.
Last, but not least, as others have reported here, 1245 no longer logs lock events (I have 2 locks in my system) - I understand that this was done on purpose and that lock events are now supposed to be stored on the MiOS server (cp.mios.com - Events (next to the Dashboard button), however, no lock events appear there either.  Nor do any notifications that one may have programmed, either directly with the "Notifications" tab for each lock, or through any scenes that call for a lock notification.  The scenes run correctly, but no lock notifications get stored OR sent (if you have email or SMS selected for receiving notifications).  The funny part is that when I was first testing the system after I got it working again, I was able to receive 3 notifications in a row, but after that they stopped being logged or sent at all, even though they are set at 20 per day, and I have reset them multiple times to see if I could get them working.  They do not.

Offline wscannell

« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2011, 12:01:26 pm »
After you reset the z-wave network, you then need to exclude each device and then include them.  They will not include until you exclude them first.  The devices themselves prevent inclusion because they think they are still connected to the old system.  Even though they do not show up ion the dashboard, you can still exclude them.

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2011, 12:04:30 pm »
[...]However, [...] the ZWave function was unable to learn any devices from this point forward,[...] To get the system operational again, [...] I then went to each device and excluded them first, after which Vera was able to include them anew.
You said it yourself! :) This would have worked with 3.20 too.

If you reset the network in your controller, you'll also have to exclude all devices, so their HomeID and NodeID get wiped out and they will accept new ones from your freshly reset (primary) controller.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 12:06:42 pm by oTi@ »

Offline Soiferheld

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2011, 01:21:18 pm »
Oops... I was trying to be as detailed as possible but I guess I neglected to mention that I excluded each device three times in a row while trying to get the network back up with 3.20.  Maybe I just did something wrong in the original reset after the update, like perhaps interrupting the boot up sequence or something (I did pull an all-nighter on this).  Next time I go on site again I will try upgrading to 3.20 again, as it sounds like you guys have it working correctly.

Any insights about the Notifications issues - Do you have any lock notifications working with 1245?

Thanks for all you contributions in this forum!

Offline sjolshagen

« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2011, 07:22:06 am »
After upgrading & running 1.1.1245 for several days, I'm noticing the following behavior:

• "ZWave: Configuring ZWave devices" remains "up" indefinitely
  • Levitron VRCS2 device in UI4 has "Setting special association" as "banner status" underneath the main Levitron VRCS2 device in the UI (probably related to the bullet above).
  • Button push on Levitron VRCS2 doesn't trigger the indicated scene ("on" & "off" for a light)
  • Cannot "Configure" (the same) Levitron VRCS2 by pushing "Configure" button in Settings tab. Fails with "Unable to get any information on ..."
  • Updates/changes to LUA code in the scene LUUP tab does not appear to be getting "saved" (i.e. after I "Save LUA" and "Save" on the main panel, the updated LUA code is nowhere to be found)
Vera3/UI5 @ v1.5.622

Offline Don Diego

« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2011, 08:32:16 am »
Hi--

Now running on 1.1.1245 I'm getting the following error for the GE/JASCO Outdoor Module: "Transmit failed with code: 1"

Does anyone know what code 1 is?

I have excluded/included and repaired this network several times.. without any change.

Don
Vera 3 (@1.5.622) (3); Vera Plus (2);
Trane/Schlage TStats (1); Schlage Deadbolt (2); Kwikset Lock (3);  GE 45602 Dimmer (14); GE 45603 Dimmer (17); HSM-100 (16); Everspring Siren (8), Everspring Temp/Humidity (4); HSM 200 (1)

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2011, 08:57:44 am »
Now running on 1.1.1245 I'm getting the following error for the GE/JASCO Outdoor Module: "Transmit failed with code: 1" [...]   Does anyone know what code 1 is?
Probably that the acknowledgment back from the module to Vera was not received. See here.
Is everything ok when you move the module closer to Vera? Are you saying you didn't have this before the upgrade?

« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 02:40:15 pm by oTi@ »

Offline Soiferheld

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2011, 02:18:34 pm »
Reading that last post triggered my mind about the problems that I was having in getting the ZWave network "failed to learn" error message after upgrading the firmware.  After performing a network "heal", I would receive the same error "Transmit failed with code:1" from one of my switches that is in the middle of the house and that switch's status would turn red.  That switch is a Cooper Aspire battery operated device that is acting in a group association to control a master switch at the other end (a faux 3-way).  It uses 2 button-batteries and goes to sleep almost immediately after you activate it.  So would it make sense to assume that since the new firmware (3.20) has a revised node routing schema, that the network fails to learn if one of the intermediate hops (nodes) does not poll because it is asleep?

Offline Don Diego

« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2011, 04:03:57 pm »
Now running on 1.1.1245 I'm getting the following error for the GE/JASCO Outdoor Module: "Transmit failed with code: 1" [...]   Does anyone know what code 1 is?
Probably that the acknowledgment back from the module to Vera was not received. See here.
Is everything ok when you move the module closer to Vera? Are you saying you didn't have this before the upgrade?

Hi oTi@--

The irony here is that the module that isn't responding is about 3 feet from Vera.  I'll try to move Vera farther away.. Thanks

Don
Trane/Schlage TStats (1); Schlage Deadbolt (2); Kwikset Lock (3);  GE 45602 Dimmer (14); GE 45603 Dimmer (17); HSM-100 (16); Everspring Siren (8), Everspring Temp/Humidity (4); HSM 200 (1)

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #70 on: May 02, 2011, 04:30:42 pm »
The irony here is that the module that isn't responding is about 3 feet from Vera.
Hmmm. And you said you have already tried excluding and including the module right there, without moving the module or Vera?

Offline strangely

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 1,3 & V light
« Reply #71 on: May 02, 2011, 05:12:21 pm »

Hi oTi@--

The irony here is that the module that isn't responding is about 3 feet from Vera.  I'll try to move Vera farther away.. Thanks

Don
I've been having this type of issue with a few modules and I was given the unsatisfactory answer by MCV that they believed it was an interference issue. Now admittedly mine are probably 10-15 feet away, but I never got this before the 3.20 release, and your 3 feet confirms that it shouldn't be an interference issue!
Kwickset locks, HA01C, HA14C, HA02C, HA03C, HA05C, HA04C, HA07C, HA09C, Aeon HEM, GE 45604, 45606, 45609, ZDP100, VRF01-1LZ, WDTC-20, HA18WD, WDHA-12R, HRDS1, HM-TS001, AC1-ZW, TV-IP110, BL-C210A, LUUP control- EtherRain8, DSC Alarm, HDMI matrix, HR24-200, Panasonic TV, SQblaster

Offline Don Diego

« Reply #72 on: May 02, 2011, 05:59:34 pm »
Hi Soiferheld-

I'm stuck. I tried to logon to Vera but the Vera2 doesn't have the password printed on the bottom so I can't access the logs... Sorry would like to help..

Don

Offline Soiferheld

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #73 on: May 02, 2011, 07:19:53 pm »
Thanks Don Diego.  Not sure about your password issue - the password on the bottom of the Vera2 is for accessing its Wi-Fi routing capabilities, not the Dashboard, which is accessed through a login to a MiOS.com account with a password that you create.

I would like to open the question up to ANYONE that is running on 1245 with Kwikset locks - Are you able to see lock events or logs anywhere - on cp.mios.com or anywhere else for that matter?  How about lock event notifications?  Are you able to be notified when a lock code is entered?  The only thing I am able to do remotely now with my locks is open and close them and change pins.

Thank you.

Offline strangely

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 1,3 & V light
« Reply #74 on: May 02, 2011, 07:30:31 pm »
I get notifications for all 3 of my Kwickset locks. However, they were set up many months ago on a previous version if that makes any difference.
Kwickset locks, HA01C, HA14C, HA02C, HA03C, HA05C, HA04C, HA07C, HA09C, Aeon HEM, GE 45604, 45606, 45609, ZDP100, VRF01-1LZ, WDTC-20, HA18WD, WDHA-12R, HRDS1, HM-TS001, AC1-ZW, TV-IP110, BL-C210A, LUUP control- EtherRain8, DSC Alarm, HDMI matrix, HR24-200, Panasonic TV, SQblaster