We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Fibaro Double Switch (FGS-223) Lag  (Read 19138 times)

Offline Bobone

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Fibaro Double Switch (FGS-223) Lag
« Reply #135 on: December 02, 2018, 03:25:20 pm »
Flash mode

Offline shady.hamilton

« Reply #136 on: December 05, 2018, 02:40:15 am »
Ok, It is the conspiracy theory but if you have another explanation please let's have it...

I am a Vera user since 5 or 6 years now, i switched for a year or so to Fibaro HC2, but because they have bad 3rd party integration especially NEST i switched back to Vera.

Fibaro stopped NEST plugin for two years apparently because they are working on their own thermostat, though they don't admit it, for two years they keep saying we are working on it and that Nest changed something that is why they are not able to recreate the plugin although all other platforms are working fine with Nest thermostat.....  Does that remind you of something?

there is nothing, NOTHING that can take 2 years of development for fixing a bug...... so if I am Vera, why should I support a rival?

I could be wrong, but can anybody come with a "Sane and logical" reason why a small bug like this is not being fixed? 2 years!!!! 

If the 212 is not working with other platforms, or other dimmers like Quobino are not working fine with Vera, then it might Fibaro is defected or Vera is defected, but that is not the case....

make sense, or i am just another frustrated user trying to come up with an explanation.....

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
« Reply #137 on: December 07, 2018, 03:37:10 am »
Moved to Qubino, problem solved. Obviously, if you take the culprit out this is solved.

Only thing left is the fibaro zwave motion sensor 2 which is not always very relibale now...

Thanks Thorden for the out-of-the-box solution for an issue with a Fibaro device :-)
Good firmware is more important than good karma. (and this costed me lots of Karma)

Offline shady.hamilton

« Reply #138 on: January 02, 2019, 03:30:40 am »
moving to Qubino or any other brand is not a solution, it is just letting VERA get away with it and force us not to use Fibaro. most people have Fibaro dimmers, so what can we do with them now? through them away?

why Vera is so quite about this? are they happy that their plan of blocking a rival company in a bad way is working?

I hope somebody from Vera will comment, and not something like " we have been working on it since two years but still we could not find a solution"

Offline AndersMalm

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #139 on: January 15, 2019, 08:59:32 am »
I think I get hit by this now.
I have a double switch 2 in my system now. And if any commands are sent to the double 2 from the controller everything is halted for a while.

For example I have a lua script sequence of lights that I turn off and then I let the projector screen go down (Using a Fibaro Roller shutter 2). Without the Switch 2 in the sequence the projector screen is completely in sync with the lights, the lights and the screen goes down at the same time.

If I have the Double switch two in the sequence the projector screen is delayed several seconds. We talk like 30 seconds sometimes.

Funny thing is I have a Dimmer 2 in the same sequence, but it does not behave like this.

/Thanks

Offline therealdb

• Automate all the things!
« Reply #140 on: January 15, 2019, 09:22:18 am »
welcome to the club. It is completely random. And yes, only FGS 223 (Fibaro Double Switch 2) is affected.
Vera Edge EU, Fibaro FGRM 222 (14), Fibaro FGS 223 (26), Fibaro FGS 222 (6), Fibaro UBS (2), Fibaro+N Plug (3), NeoCoolCam Door Sensor (3), PIR (2) & Plugs (2), Nest (3), Home Server running my own integrations, Harmony Hub, OpenSprinkler, Personal Weather Station, Sonoff TH & more

Offline AndersMalm

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #141 on: January 15, 2019, 10:14:52 am »
welcome to the club. It is completely random. And yes, only FGS 223 (Fibaro Double Switch 2) is affected.

Thanks for reply.
Whats the best replacement for Vera Plus? I use the App, LUA scripting, web interface, and I would like google home in the future.

Offline therealdb

« Reply #142 on: January 15, 2019, 10:42:47 am »
I'm still on Vera. I find it very annoying, as you said, but I'm waiting for a resolution. They promised to fix it in the near future, and it's 2 years since I deployed them. Right now I've invested a lot of time into the Vera, so I'm sticking with it. If they don't fix it in the near future, I'll change my unit. I'll probably go with home assistand + open luup + zwave key, but who knows.
Vera Edge EU, Fibaro FGRM 222 (14), Fibaro FGS 223 (26), Fibaro FGS 222 (6), Fibaro UBS (2), Fibaro+N Plug (3), NeoCoolCam Door Sensor (3), PIR (2) & Plugs (2), Nest (3), Home Server running my own integrations, Harmony Hub, OpenSprinkler, Personal Weather Station, Sonoff TH & more

Offline AndersMalm

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #143 on: January 15, 2019, 02:02:22 pm »
I'm still on Vera. I find it very annoying, as you said, but I'm waiting for a resolution. They promised to fix it in the near future, and it's 2 years since I deployed them. Right now I've invested a lot of time into the Vera, so I'm sticking with it. If they don't fix it in the near future, I'll change my unit. I'll probably go with home assistand + open luup + zwave key, but who knows.

You shouldn't wait that long, you should just return the unit, Vera needs financial loss so they get their head out of their ass. This in unbelievable bad customer care.

Anyway, here I replicate the error. As you can see at 0:55 minute its very slow right  after I send the command to the Double switch, and it can be alot slower than this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jjp2DVLXK6Q
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 02:06:19 pm by AndersMalm »

Offline AndersMalm

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #144 on: January 15, 2019, 05:50:55 pm »
Also, when playing a scene which includes a Double Switch 2 its a huuuuge delay for whatever poor bastard module that get its command after the double switch. :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-kcY9_Dhcg

edit: You can see the light in the kitchen to the left (Double Switch 2) and the light in the living room (Dimmer 2) perfectly sync. Than we get a huge delay on the Roller Shutter 2 controlling the screen
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 05:52:52 pm by AndersMalm »

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
« Reply #145 on: January 16, 2019, 07:47:51 am »
This in unbelievable bad customer care.

Just chiming in. Customer Care is a very broad term and I can assure you they'll do their best in getting issues reported and responded as fast as possible. SLA's responding time has been reduced from the 48 hours to 24, and now to just tens of minutes, and resolution time is no more than a few days.

Customer Care requests come from all over the place ranging from a direct phone call to various social media platforms and sometimes even reddit or youtube comments. Believe it or not WE ARE monitoring all of this and it's very rare when some cases slip through.

Many things changed from the initial report to the better, but I'm not sure exactly how will these devices be sorted out decisional speaking.

I'm sorry for the people having this issue but this is now a matter of business decision, and development, a thing that is not really in the hands of the Customer Care team.

Thanks.
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
« Reply #146 on: January 16, 2019, 07:54:25 am »

Just chiming in. Customer Care is a very broad term and I can assure you they'll do their best in getting issues reported and responded as fast as possible. SLA's responding time has been reduced from the 48 hours to 24, and now to just tens of minutes, and resolution time is no more than a few days.

Customer Care requests come from all over the place ranging from a direct phone call to various social media platforms and sometimes even reddit or youtube comments. Believe it or not WE ARE monitoring all of this and it's very rare when some cases slip through.

Many things changed from the initial report to the better, but I'm not sure exactly how will these devices be sorted out decisional speaking.

I'm sorry for the people having this issue but this is now a matter of business decision, and development, a thing that is not really in the hands of the Customer Care team.

Thanks.

<blablabla>

Sorry if this is rude.

Hi Sorin, thank you for responding. But according to my opinion this issue is one of the longest outstanding ones last years. I have a lot of "customer care" mails with promises. But they were all vague promises and never this problem was solved. I can't believe what you are saying and how you are saying it. We are waiting for months now as customers and users for ANY UPDATE.

• Update about device support
  • Update about firmware update
  • Update about vera direction after takeover
  • Update of roadmap
  • Etc.

Before the takeover it was not very good  :-[. But now it's only worse!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 07:58:52 am by Sender »
Good firmware is more important than good karma. (and this costed me lots of Karma)

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
« Reply #147 on: January 16, 2019, 08:06:07 am »
in this reply, I'm only backing Customer Care team and their abilities. They would only serve you with what they have :) They are not the ones that should develop an integration.
Even they and I, are eagerly waiting for the upper decisions to get this train rolling.
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7

Offline therealdb

« Reply #148 on: January 16, 2019, 09:04:33 am »

Are you saying that the most sold switch in Europe will not be properly supported? After 2 years, that's depressing at best.

Offline AndersMalm

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #149 on: January 16, 2019, 09:11:23 am »

Thanks.

When I say customer care, I do not mean the customer care team, I mean Vera as a product company. Its completely unacceptable to let us hanging like this, Fibaro Double Switch 2 is by far the most common Switch in the EU.

We need to spread the word so that not more people buy into this company, I will for example post this at my Swedish home automation Facebook group with 32k members, you guys should do the same. Vera needs to feel financial loss so that they fix this.