We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Fibaro Double Switch (FGS-223) Lag  (Read 19137 times)

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
Re: Fibaro Double Switch (FGS-223) Lag
« Reply #150 on: January 16, 2019, 09:17:12 am »
I'm sorry for the people having this issue but this is now a matter of business decision, and development, a thing that is not really in the hands of the Customer Care team.

Are you saying that the most sold switch in Europe will not be properly supported? After 2 years, that's depressing at best.

I'm not saying that, you're putting words in my mouth. :) - I cannot emphasize enough the importance of compatibility with the most common devices, and I did that everytime I could, internally. I'm just waiting, same as you, for the things to start moving with the new management, and I'm confident they will. As I mentioned before, I have a few of these devices myself which are currently shelved.

This in unbelievable bad customer care.

Just chiming in. Customer Care is a very broad term and I can assure you they'll do their best in getting issues reported and responded as fast as possible. SLA's responding time has been reduced from the 48 hours to 24, and now to just tens of minutes, and resolution time is no more than a few days.

Customer Care requests come from all over the place ranging from a direct phone call to various social media platforms and sometimes even reddit or youtube comments. Believe it or not WE ARE monitoring all of this and it's very rare when some cases slip through.

Many things changed from the initial report to the better, but I'm not sure exactly how will these devices be sorted out decisional speaking.

I'm sorry for the people having this issue but this is now a matter of business decision, and development, a thing that is not really in the hands of the Customer Care team.

Thanks.

When I say customer care, I do not mean the customer care team, I mean Vera as a product company. Its completely unacceptable to let us hanging like this, Fibaro Double Switch 2 is by far the most common Switch in the EU.

We need to spread the word so that not more people buy into this company, I will for example post this at my Swedish home automation Facebook group with 32k members, you guys should do the same. Vera needs to feel financial loss so that they fix this.

Anders, I understand your frustration alongside everyone in this topic and I apologize for what it's worth.
We've always been an open community in terms of the amount of moderation we're doing as we value our customer's opinion, despite the fact that it might hurt the business.

And I value your opinion as well, but an instigative call to arms like your cannot be posted here. Out of courtesy, I'd kindly ask you to revise your post.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 09:51:29 am by Sorin »
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7

Offline AndersMalm

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #151 on: January 16, 2019, 09:20:22 am »
Also if you guys live in the EU you have two year warranty on the product by EU law. We should all return the unit which could help speed this up.

Offline AndersMalm

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #152 on: January 16, 2019, 09:21:40 am »
And I value your opinion as well, but an instigative call to arms like your cannot be posted here. Out of courtesy, I'd kindly ask you to revise your post.

Please focus on fixing the problem.

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
« Reply #153 on: January 16, 2019, 09:26:41 am »
Forget it, this will never be fixed.

1. buy a qubino flush 2 relay
2. get rid of vera
Good firmware is more important than good karma. (and this costed me lots of Karma)

Offline therealdb

• Automate all the things!
« Reply #154 on: January 16, 2019, 09:34:16 am »
I'm not saying that, you're putting words in my mouth. :)

Sorry Sorin, I read it again and it wasn't my intention to misrepresent your words. At the first reading it seems that you'll not support it at all, then I realized you're speaking on behalf of your team, not from the development one.
Vera Edge EU, Fibaro FGRM 222 (14), Fibaro FGS 223 (26), Fibaro FGS 222 (6), Fibaro UBS (2), Fibaro+N Plug (3), NeoCoolCam Door Sensor (3), PIR (2) & Plugs (2), Nest (3), Home Server running my own integrations, Harmony Hub, OpenSprinkler, Personal Weather Station, Sonoff TH & more

Offline therealdb

« Reply #155 on: January 16, 2019, 09:35:27 am »
Forget it, this will never be fixed.

I fear the same. Since I have more than 20 Fibaros, I'll probably swap my hub when it'll die. It'll cost less than swap all my switches.
Vera Edge EU, Fibaro FGRM 222 (14), Fibaro FGS 223 (26), Fibaro FGS 222 (6), Fibaro UBS (2), Fibaro+N Plug (3), NeoCoolCam Door Sensor (3), PIR (2) & Plugs (2), Nest (3), Home Server running my own integrations, Harmony Hub, OpenSprinkler, Personal Weather Station, Sonoff TH & more

Offline Catman

« Reply #156 on: January 16, 2019, 10:09:43 am »
This in unbelievable bad customer care.

Just chiming in. Customer Care is a very broad term and I can assure you they'll do their best in getting issues reported and responded as fast as possible. SLA's responding time has been reduced from the 48 hours to 24, and now to just tens of minutes, and resolution time is no more than a few days.

Thanks.

So when we raise a ticket, how soon should we expect a response?

Current ticket I had open was 26 hours before the *initial* response which was the generic request to enable tech support.

The next contact I had was 7.5 days later and 5+ days after my last update to the ticket.....

C

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
« Reply #157 on: January 16, 2019, 10:23:00 am »
It depends on the issue type, the initial pick up can range anywhere from a few minutes up to 24 hours. Max time to resolution can be indeed up to 7 days depending on some factors like difficulty, the number of exposed issues, if it involves an escalation or not, etc.

There are a few automated mechanisms which dictate the priority of the cases, but they are always backed up by the human factor.

But if something is burning, someone could always give me a PM or a mention and I will surely follow up.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 10:25:43 am by Sorin »
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

Offline Catman

« Reply #158 on: January 16, 2019, 10:27:51 am »
It depends on the issue type, the initial pick up can range anywhere from a few minutes up to 24 hours. Max time to resolution can be indeed up to 7 days depending on some factors like difficulty, the number of exposed issues, if it involves an escalation or not, etc.

There are a few automated mechanisms which dictate the priority of the cases, but they are always backed up by the human factor.

But if something is burning, someone could always give me a PM or a mention and I will surely follow up.

Thanks, I'll remember that for future reference.

FWIW I don't think this was resolved yet. I'm really not having a pop, but I don't think your claims are backed by data (yet)

Cheers

C

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
« Reply #159 on: January 16, 2019, 10:36:15 am »
If you shoot me a PM with your credentials, I can look it up for you and prioritize this.
There are exceptions but the guys are trying to keep up the best they can.

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
« Reply #160 on: January 16, 2019, 10:37:37 am »
If you shoot me a PM with your credentials, I can look it up for you and prioritize this.

the best is the least you can do
Good firmware is more important than good karma. (and this costed me lots of Karma)

Offline Catman

« Reply #161 on: January 16, 2019, 10:51:59 am »
I appreciate the offer.  I'll hold off if you don't mind as the testing is on me (in and out of the geofence) So it *might* be resolved. But it might not.  We can't tell yet.

Cheers

C

Offline svaleb

« Reply #162 on: January 16, 2019, 01:13:08 pm »
I dont want to hijack the tread,
but I suspect it is she same problem with this device.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,52628.msg354998.html#msg354998

The Fibaro radiator thermostat

Is that correct Sorin ?

Offline shady.hamilton

« Reply #163 on: January 17, 2019, 04:14:15 am »
By now i can only believe that it is a planned business decision, you think Vera didn't read all these boards and messages, for me it is simply Vera is trying to block Fibaro business......blocking a competitor.

it will remain like this for me until somebody from Vera fix it, or give a logical explanation (that respect our intelligence) to why they 1- didn't fix this very important issue for two years 2- why all other gateways are able to work with Fibaro and don't have this problem

Offline therealdb

« Reply #164 on: January 17, 2019, 04:33:18 am »
the problem is the way this device is implemented. AFAIK, all other hubs had problems when it was first launched, but they managed to adapt to this device and now they're OK.

the problem is that this device is registered as secure, but it also send messages in unsecured way. this confuses the LUUP engine, that tries to send them again - and again - eventually taking note that the message is received. In reality, the device turns itself ON as soon as the first message is sent, but the LUUP engine try to resend them anyway, causing a Zwave queue to grow, system to become slow, and scenes to be spotty - at best.

Being a system engineer myself, it's not that difficult to fix it. It takes probably more time to handle all the tickets we sent to them thant to fix it. It's more a business - or political - decision to not support this device, since it'is not following the standard and it's the only device on the market doing that implementation. but it's also the most sold device in Europe, so MiOS is screwing its user base, as you can easily see from this thread.

Again, I hope things will change in the future, otherwise I'll go out and find a new hub in the near future, because I invested more in my Fibaro devices than in Vera, and it's easier for me to start from scratch from an automation point of view, now that I know what I really want and programming is not hard for me, than swap all the devices buried into my electric system.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 04:34:55 am by therealdb »