Author Topic: Fibaro Double Switch (FGS-223) Lag  (Read 12528 times)

Offline eyalp

Re: Fibaro Double Switch (FGS-223) Lag
« Reply #90 on: October 08, 2018, 04:14:23 pm »
I do hope melih reads this..

This thread is one of the reasons I am considering leaving Vera (Others already have left because of this). Fibaro are a very popular lightning controller and using the with Vera is just a nightmare and the fact that this hasn't been fixed for well over a year now is really something I'd like to see changed with the new company leadership. It's great to have new and stylish UIs but the basic components need to work flawlessly first.

Really hope to get your response on this.
Thanks!

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
« Reply #91 on: October 11, 2018, 02:29:49 am »
@Melih,

223 support is a must have. this device (devices) brings my whole zwave network to delay. If the device is touched locally, it sends a status update and the zwave network is then occupied. Having delays in controlling the 223 of about 2-15 seconds is unacceptable. Since I am not alone (many times read topic and many replies) and also stating from Vera support it is on the PM agenda, I urge Vera to come with a solution.

This is the culprit of my entire unstable zwave network.

Please respond.
Good firmware is more important than good karma. (and this costed me lots of Karma)

Offline therealdb

• Automate all the things!
« Reply #92 on: October 11, 2018, 02:36:52 am »
I already sent this to melih as an evidence of how bad we users were treated regarding new device support. It replied that this will change with the new course - I'll believe it when I'll see it.

I can confirm I see the same behavior and that it's really frustrating. I disabled all the automation involving fgs 223s, and I'm back to 1800 at the moment.
In moment like this, I really wish I'd chosen another controller, but that's another story - WAF is very low nowadays.
Vera Edge EU, Fibaro FGRM 222 (12), Fibaro FGS 223 (20), Fibaro FGS 222 (5), Fibaro Universal Binary Sensor (2), Fibaro Plug (3), NeoCoolCam Door Sensor (3), NeoCoolCam PIR (2), Nest (3), Home Server running my own integrations, Harmony Hub, OpenSprinkler, Personal Weather Station, Sonoff TH & more

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
« Reply #93 on: November 06, 2018, 09:55:51 am »
@Vera, @melih, what about the support for this device? Will it ever be!?
Good firmware is more important than good karma. (and this costed me lots of Karma)

Offline sefocuher

« Reply #94 on: November 06, 2018, 03:03:44 pm »
Hi
I have also the delay problem when i used scene. I have contact support and he make a delay of 1s betwin the different command i understand if you have a lot of module the delay can be too mutch.

Offline RubbrDug

« Reply #95 on: November 10, 2018, 11:20:35 am »
I have this problem since October 2016, so now it's more than two years. This is so annoying to me that I stopped automating my house any further. I just use it as it is for now and will propably leave to another technology when it comes along.

Offline Almighty

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #96 on: November 10, 2018, 12:36:38 pm »
I just switched to HomeSeer and I must say that I should have done it long time ago :-)
+Instant inclusion/exclusion of nodes. (When I was removing Fibaro nodes from Vera, it took 5 attempts on average for FGS-222 units)
+No lag of FGS-223 (even in secure mode), scene control support.
+No random freezing of Danfoss LC-13 on wake up.
+Although I hate Visual Basic, scripting is light years better than on Vera  (Visual Studio, break points, watches...)

-No scene support for FGD-212 (just one action globally for all dimmers)
-Maybe little more pricey (but well time invested in Vera over past three years wasn't for free either)

Offline therealdb

« Reply #97 on: November 11, 2018, 01:32:37 am »
This is becoming so annoying. I'm (again) at a point that I'm evaluating to switch controller to have this device supported. It's very unfortunate that the most popular device in this category in Europe is not properly supported two years after being released.
Vera Edge EU, Fibaro FGRM 222 (12), Fibaro FGS 223 (20), Fibaro FGS 222 (5), Fibaro Universal Binary Sensor (2), Fibaro Plug (3), NeoCoolCam Door Sensor (3), NeoCoolCam PIR (2), Nest (3), Home Server running my own integrations, Harmony Hub, OpenSprinkler, Personal Weather Station, Sonoff TH & more

Offline Bobone

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #98 on: November 11, 2018, 02:30:15 pm »
The silence is really damaging to Vera's brand at this moment.

At this point we want to know two things:
1) Is there an ambition to fix this issue?
2) A timeplan

It's crisis "ABC" to communicate. Good news or bad news does not matter.
No news is far worse for a brand as it undermines trust. Like in: "Are there other issues that I should consider before buying/expanding Vera?"...

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
« Reply #99 on: November 11, 2018, 02:36:11 pm »
Some update... I am not getting very happy from.

I received yesterday via support:
When it comes to those Fibaro Models it?s very hard to manage it properly due to the device?s nature as well. We can attempt to fix this by changing the current settings of the device into something different, however, we cannot guarantee that this will work as expected.

Our team is working on all integrations step by step, depending on each device and each situation the process could be short of long, even if it seems as an excuse, it?s actually very hard to integrate a device based on all the requirements from each involved part.

Please Enable Tech Support on your controller and provide us with the Generated String. Let us know if we can test the network and and also let us know if we can test any of the Fibaro devices that you have (FGS223).

I responded:
Thank you for taking the time to respond to my email.
I appreciate the effort Vera is putting in device support. But to be honest the output is not very promising.
I do not want to be the live testing device. I have done this many times in the past as you may probably know and that did never work out well in the end. The original issue was mostly solved but other more hard ones were then introduced.
This device (223) is 50 euro. I am sure that if you introduce this to your existing zwave network you will experience the same as all of us.
As said before. This is the only module one can buy in Europe. All others are out of production.
As far as I know and read all over is that this device works well with many other zwave controllers.
I hope for a quick solution.
I stopped looking for a Vera alternative but I started up agian.

Offline Bobone

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #100 on: November 11, 2018, 04:39:39 pm »
Hi Sender,

At what level do they mean to apply this?:
We can attempt to fix this by changing the current settings of the device into something different.
- standard settings that everyone can access?
- som deeper level?

My understanding was that everyone, including Vera, was well behond changing the ?standard? group of settings....
Or?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 04:45:05 pm by Bobone »

Offline AndersMalm

« Reply #101 on: November 12, 2018, 03:12:38 am »
I was hit by this problem, I added a Fibaro single switch to the network and my projector screen controlled by a Fibaro Roller Shutter 2 started to lag. I send down and it started to go down than after a second it went back up without me even sending that up command. I ended up factory reseting the Vera and both fibaro modules and it worked. But I only have 3 modules right now, One single switch one fibaro dimmer 2 and the Roller shutter, but I have 15 more Fibaro switches being put up in the next coming days. I cant factory reset all that if problems happens.

Here in Sweden Fibaro and Qubino are the only two manufacturers available over counter, I suspect its same for rest of EU. If I run into this problem again I will use my return right and return the Vera. Hints to Vera, this will hit you really bad financially (probably already have) if you dont resolve it ASAP.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 03:18:00 am by AndersMalm »

Offline therealdb

« Reply #102 on: November 12, 2018, 08:56:58 am »
Here in Sweden Fibaro and Qubino are the only two manufacturers available over counter, I suspect its same for rest of EU.

Correct. Europe is a single market from a Zwave point of view (well, not only from this point view, but you get the point) and the only two devices available on the market (Vera, Qubino) both have issues. I'll wait until the new year and then start searching for a new controller.

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
« Reply #103 on: November 12, 2018, 09:04:27 am »
It seems that vera is not aware of this and the best way to get them is to send an email to

Support@getvera.com

The more they know  about this issue the better.

Offline AndersMalm

« Reply #104 on: November 12, 2018, 09:06:23 am »
Here in Sweden Fibaro and Qubino are the only two manufacturers available over counter, I suspect its same for rest of EU.

Correct. Europe is a single market from a Zwave point of view (well, not only from this point view, but you get the point) and the only two devices available on the market (Vera, Qubino) both have issues. I'll wait until the new year and then start searching for a new controller.

If you live in EU you have 2 year warranty so you are covered, so dont buy a new one before you get your money back for your Vera from your reseller