Author Topic: Fibaro Double Switch (FGS-223) Lag  (Read 7485 times)

Offline eyalp

Fibaro Double Switch (FGS-223) Lag
« on: March 12, 2018, 05:24:14 am »
I have about 5 FGS223 switches and all have the same problem: There's a noticeable lag when turning any of their switches on\off - The switch is usually activated immediately but right after that vera is not responding for a few seconds and if I try activating another switch during that time it will wait until the previous operation completes.
Anyone else also encountering this issue? Is this a known issue? Any solution?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 05:51:16 am by eyalp »

Offline Tillsy

Re: Fibaro Double Switch (FGS-223) Lag
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 06:16:19 am »
Yes a few of us are having a number of issues with them - a significant lag recognising a change, sometimes it even times out and then turns it back off again, etc.

Vera are aware of it, but from what I've seen they are insanely slow with supporting hardware let alone fixing issues like this.  Horrific when you think this should be a quick and easy fix.

So be sure to create a support ticket so they know yet another person is suffering this - they can manage at their end collating them and hopefully get a fix out there quickly as it is really quite painful :(

Offline eyalp

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 03:36:51 pm »
Thanks. I created a ticket and am really hoping this will be fixed soon...  :-\

Offline therealdb

• Automate all the things!
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 10:34:20 am »
don't hold your breath.

I updated my ticket and they told me that it's under investigation. they're still not sure what's causing this weir behavior (hint: it's some misinterpretation from the zwave commands, from vera or fibaro) and they've no ETA ATM.

overall I like these devices and my Vera, but if things do not improve quickly, I'll need to find an alternate route. Since I invested in 20 FGS 223, Vera is the best candidate to be swapped out...
Vera Edge EU, Fibaro FGRM 222 (12), Fibaro FGS 223 (20), Fibaro FGS 222 (5), Fibaro Universal Binary Sensor (2), Fibaro Plug (3), NeoCoolCam Door Sensor (3), NeoCoolCam PIR (2), Nest (3), Home Server running my own integrations, Harmony Hub, OpenSprinkler, Personal Weather Station, Sonoff TH & more

Offline Tillsy

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 05:33:41 pm »
doverall I like these devices and my Vera, but if things do not improve quickly, I'll need to find an alternate route. Since I invested in 20 FGS 223, Vera is the best candidate to be swapped out...
Same boat - I have a FGS-223 behind every single wall switch so Vera is the cheapest, simplest, and of course the culprit to go if it comes to that

Offline eyalp

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2018, 04:54:08 am »
Same here. I wish I knew about these issues before buying these switches, but definitely Vera would be the easiest to replace (not only in terms of price).
Any alternatives you guys are looking at?

Offline avihoo

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2018, 01:54:13 am »
I have the same problem. delays and inconsistent behavior of the Fibaro Double Switch 2 Gen5 with Vera Plus. I am also considering replacing the Vera Plus.

Offline Tillsy

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2018, 07:34:45 pm »
I wrote back to my ticket asking for an update and they advised they are still working on it.  Doesn't sound like anything is coming soon as they suggested remoting in and downgrading my firmware!?!

What a nightmare - day to day it's simply a pain in the butt having them act this way, but overall it causes all sorts of issues with my HomeKit integration (that depends upon instant response, and Vera takes 5-10 seconds to work out what the devil it is doing with these Fibaro devices) and various scenes keep malfunctioning.

Again, horrifies me all the Z-Wave vendors boast that Z-Wave is a standard that enables anything to work with anything... and yet the reality is you couldn't possibly find a bigger train wreck of compatibility issues.

Offline jono2g

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2018, 09:09:00 am »
Same issue here, what do you guys plan to replace Vera with if you do?

Does HC2 have lag issues? might be worth few hundred more for a fast system if mainly using FGS-223

kind regards,

Jonathan

Offline dotneft

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2018, 02:55:11 pm »
The same issue. Also I have aeotec wallmount quad... it is pain to enable one channel and second channel... have to wait 5-8 seconds :-D

Offline Tillsy

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2018, 09:19:47 am »
Forgot to mention the other day, that Vera finally gave me an update.  They say they have identified the issue causing the Fibaro Dimmer 2 and Fibaro Dual Switch 2 to have major lags/failures, and are working on a fix for it.

However they say it will be included in a "bigger firmware update".

I wasn't able to get better clarification on what a "bigger" firmware update is - so I can only cross my fingers it is the next firmware release as this issue is not only causing major delays, but often causes scenes to fail.

Offline therealdb

• Automate all the things!
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2018, 06:26:58 pm »
Next beta firmware announced and no mentions at all 😪
Vera Edge EU, Fibaro FGRM 222 (12), Fibaro FGS 223 (20), Fibaro FGS 222 (5), Fibaro Universal Binary Sensor (2), Fibaro Plug (3), NeoCoolCam Door Sensor (3), NeoCoolCam PIR (2), Nest (3), Home Server running my own integrations, Harmony Hub, OpenSprinkler, Personal Weather Station, Sonoff TH & more

Offline Tillsy

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2018, 07:12:13 pm »
FFS >:(

Offline jono2g

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2018, 04:27:00 am »
Just an update, i have been using the GOAP double and much faster with instant update and readings out of the box.

If anyone is looking for a better alternative

Offline Tillsy

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2018, 09:31:11 am »
Unfortunately I have Fibaro modules throughout my entire house - if Vera won't fix this anytime soon I'd just dump it and go HC2.