Author Topic: Fibaro Motion Sensor was working - now "cant detect device"  (Read 824 times)

Offline onepointbrewing

Fibaro Motion Sensor was working - now "cant detect device"
« on: March 13, 2018, 06:15:22 am »
I have 6 Fibaro notion sensors in my system however one - out of the blue - has decided to come up with "Cant Detect device" despite working well for the last 6 months.

The batt says 100% but I changed it anyway and no change. The sensor seems to still work as its still detecting motion via the illumination.

Does anyone know how to get this type of sensor back into the Z-wave network without removing it and then re-including it? It belongs to a heap of scenes and pleg actions Id rather not have to remake them all from scratch.

Thanks

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
Re: Fibaro Motion Sensor was working - now "cant detect device"
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 07:40:59 am »
Hey there, as a quick solution, just take the sensor off the wall and try to manually wake it up by tapping a couple of times the pairing button on it.

This will wake up the sensor and attempt to find a good route to Vera.
Hope this helps.
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7

Offline dJOS

Re: Fibaro Motion Sensor was working - now "cant detect device"
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 09:56:57 pm »
In the last week I've lost 2 devices to the "cant detect device" issue:

1st - Aeotec Smart Switch 6 seems to be working normally but Vera wont detect it - I had to factory reset it and re add to get it back.

2nd - twice in the last 7 days my Aeotec Garage Door Controller has gone missing "cant detect device" and again works normally from a manual point of view. The first time it came back after power cycling it, today however power cycling does nothing however the GDC works normally when your press it's button etc.

A third issue I've been having is once a week a deleted camera reappears in my devices and I have to delete it all over again.  >:(

What the hell is going on Vera?  :o
HAC: Vera Plus & Hass.io | Voice Control: Amazon echo's | Z-Wave Devices: Aeotec Smart Switches etc & Garage Door Opener | Thermostats: nest's