We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Fortrezz SSA2 Siren with Vera 2  (Read 13895 times)

Offline frankflorida

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Fortrezz SSA2 Siren with Vera 2
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2011, 01:08:46 pm »
Any ideas by now? I just received my Fortrezz SSA2 Siren and Vera 2 will not add the device. Getting quite a bit frustated because my entire install is only an safety/alarm setup and now I am ending with a bunch of sensors and NO working ALARM device...

Offline JOD

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2011, 01:19:49 pm »
@frankflorida,

What is your specific issue?
Failing to go into learn mode?
Devices not showing up after including?

JOD.
I'm sorry, my responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.

Offline frankflorida

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2011, 04:25:40 pm »
It just does not add the Fortrezz SSA2 - like it does all the other devices - it does nothing if I go in the inclusion mode and try to include the Fortrezz SSA2. The LEDs at the controller and the LED on the Fortrezz SSA2 just keep flashing as if both devices can't regonize each other. And yes, both are the US model. I did restart/power cycle the controller a few times. It does lern other Z-wave devices with no problem. Just the Fortrezz SSA2 does not get regonized.

Offline JOD

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2011, 04:41:42 pm »
I remember having issues with including them too, but its the SSA2's weird inclusion method.
IIRC, it's three taps on the device? I'll dig up the instructions and take a look...

But have you tried an exclusion on them first? Assuming you already have the device in inclusion mode...
Also, the LED flash on this device tells you if it's already included in a network or not....

JOD.

Offline frankflorida

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2011, 04:52:49 pm »
Yes I tried the exclusion too. That was in fact the only ONE time I have seen the controller responding with a more frequent flashing LED. After I tried including and excluding several times without any response on controller or Fortrezz SSA2. The Fortrezz SSA2 flashed 4 times every 2 second or so. IIRC? What is that? 3 taps? Where? Sorry, I am lost.... this is basically my first install on a vacation home.

Offline JOD

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2011, 04:59:56 pm »
Ok, found them.
You need to press the SSA2 button twice.

"Inclusion in (adding to) a network: 1) Set up the inclusion mode at the controller (If the controller
supports NWI, the SSA1 will be automatically included); 2) If the controller does not support NWI,
press the button once to exit NWI mode. 3) Press the button again to include the unit in the network"

http://www.smarthome.com/manuals/70285.pdf

JOD.

Offline frankflorida

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2011, 05:46:32 pm »
Thanks for the hint but that I tried as often as just power on. I did read the guide and I did the twice button on the SSA2 multiple times. I tried different distances, different order of entering first inclusion mode, basically everything I could find in guides. After like 3 hours trying, reading, restarting, etc. I gave up.

Offline frankflorida

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2011, 07:57:33 pm »
Unable to pair Siren, I am shipping it back for a refund.
Meanwhile thieves broke in two nights ago and stole my Flat Screen TV.... what a pity that I was not able to get the alarm setup / sirene to work...  >:( 

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2011, 11:01:16 pm »
Unable to pair Siren, I am shipping it back for a refund.
Meanwhile thieves broke in two nights ago and stole my Flat Screen TV.... what a pity that I was not able to get the alarm setup / sirene to work...  >:( 
:( (But they left Vera!)

I had no issue recently including an SSA2. I wonder if they didn't tick the right box and it really is a European model.
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline dratifk

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2011, 06:59:05 pm »
Ok so I bought this stupid Siren and same thing I can't add to Vera. 2 Taps 3 taps full power. Unplug replug Nothing works. I have UI4 .125

Offline frankflorida

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2011, 07:25:26 pm »
Yes, mine lays unused in my corner... I even got a 2nd controller to tro to add it with no any sucess. Waist of time and money...
I created a return ticked but got to busy with travel and work to find and bring it to a back-shipping shop... :-\

Offline ASIHome

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2011, 05:49:20 pm »
dratifk and frankflorida,

Did you guys try doing a remove and then an include? Some devices come out of the factory already in a network from Q/A testing.

Offline frankflorida

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2011, 12:03:56 pm »
I did uncounted tryes of REMOVE and INCLUDE. I have like 10 other ZWave items and they work fine, just this SSA2 Siren does not.

Offline WB-AVL

• Sr. Newbie
Fortrezz SSA2 Siren with Vera 2
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2011, 08:01:15 am »
I have not had a problem getting mine to work on my network. I had to do an exclude first.

I also have the Everspring siren. It has been easier to work with and is louder.

Offline barath

Fortrezz SSA2 Siren with Vera 2
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2011, 01:22:59 pm »
I had the same problem and MCV tried and could not identify the issue. I even tried it on a new Vera 2 that did not work as well.

Finally I bought GE Zwave receptacle, 12v DC Adapter and a Siren that works well.
Vera 2 with Firmware 1.1.1245 / 5x Hawking Motion Sensor HRMD1 / 11x Hawking Door Sensors HRDS1 / 2x GE 45605 Receptacle / 1x GE 45609 2-Way On/Off / 1x GE45614 3-Way On/Off / Trane Thermostat / Foscam FI8918W / Foscam FI8904W