We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: 45604 outdoor module...go back to previous setting?  (Read 9017 times)

Offline wscannell

Re: 45604 outdoor module...go back to previous setting?
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2011, 10:30:04 pm »
Yes, the events are ORed.  Also, you can add multiple timers as well, which are also ORed.  The scene will each time any event occurs or each time any timer fires.

Offline Intrepid

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2011, 07:39:07 am »
Thanks for the tips.  I just cut 8 scenes (4 open, 4 closed) down to 2.

The multiple events ORs is so obvious now, but I just never noticed it in the interface.

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2011, 08:17:08 am »
I just cut 8 scenes (4 open, 4 closed) down to 2.
Great! (BTW, here's the flowchart.)

You still have the different behavior for 'go back to previous setting', right?
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline Intrepid

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2011, 09:26:53 am »
Yes, the outdoor module 'go back' with the isnight check still does not work. 

Offline Henk

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2011, 05:48:45 am »
@oTi!

Im going to investigate this thread later on during the day...
On forehand... is it possible in an ON scene to have the " ( luup.is_night() )" variable trigger on an event that is hardcoded for time (On at 0600AM when night) but not the second event that is based on sunset (30min before)
Both events created within in the same scene?
| Vera2 @ UI4 1.1.1350 / 3.20 | Vera Lite @ UI5 | Vera 3 @ UI5 | 2x Merten  504519 | 1x Duewi  064374 | 1x Everspring SM103 doorbell mod |1 Y-cam IP cam | various LUUP plugins |

Offline JOD

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2011, 10:13:18 am »
In the off scene (triggered by 'any door open' turning off), I'm using the 'turn xxx on, then after one minute go back to previous setting' option for the floods, front, and deck lights.  Floods and front are GE dimmers, the deck is the 45601 outdoor and it does not respond to this 'go back' command.
In response to the OP. The device (45604 outdoor module) is not relevant to the issue, Vera is simply turning it On or Off.
Just an observation to your scene setup. 
Assuming the light was already On when the door was closed, triggering the second part of your scene to turn the light On again, the "after one minute go back to previous setting" request would keep the light On. 
Try this as a test: Open your door (event) the light should turn On. Manually turn that light off. Close the door (event) which should turn that light back On, and then it should turn Off after one minute.

JOD.
I'm sorry, my responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.

Offline TimAlls

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2011, 10:24:43 am »
In a previous thread I brought up a bug on the GE dimmers I am using.....they would not return to there previous settings (setup in scene control) and that is with no Code added. The GE product line varies from model to model but they have compatibility issues with Leviton and I think even Vera has a hard time with some of them. I would try using a different brand on your outdoor switch IF this feature is a deal breaker.
Regards
Tim Alls

Offline MNB

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2011, 04:15:19 pm »
I have 4 outside doors with hrds1 sensors and a virtual 'any/all door' device.  If it is night, and any door is opened, the flood lights, front porch light, deck lights (on 45604 outdoor module),
Should this work, or does 'go back' only work for light/dimmer modules?
@Intrepid, can provide insight / Code for your "any/all" virtual device as to how your using this, thanxs in advance. Mike

Sure!  I'm ultra-new and not a programmer, but I did get this one going.  I've had this working in homeseer for 10 years.  HS allows conditionals in GUI events, but this is actually just as easy in Vera.

I have 4 exterior doors with HRDS1 sensors.  If ANY door is opened (tripped), the 'any door' virtual device turns on.  When ALL 4 doors are closed, the vrtual device turns off.  

I mainly use this for night scenes where I want all exterior lighting (mainly floods) to come on when any exterior door is opened and stay on until all exterior doors are closed.

1. Create a virtual device:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=2138.0

2. Create 4 scenes (one for each door) called 'door 1 open', 'door 2 open', etc.  Each of these are triggered by the event HRDS1 for being tripped, yes.  And the command of turning 'any door virtual' on.  

3. Create 4 more scenes called 'door 1 closed', door 2 closed, etc.  Each triggered by event HRDS1 tripped, no.   And the luaa:

Code: [Select]
-- Find the status of any doors

local  Door1State= luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "Tripped", 8)
local  Door2State= luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "Tripped", 27)
local  Door3State= luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "Tripped", 28)
local  Door4State= luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "Tripped", 29)

-- Exit the scene if any door is open
if (Door1State == "1") or (Door2State == "1") or (Door3State == "1") or (Door4State == "1") then
 return false
end

8, 27, 28, 29 are the devices for my HRDS1s.

I'm sure there is a more elegant way to handle this without having 8 scenes, but this was my first attempt, and it works.

Besides the lighting scene being discussed in this thread, It's also handy to have one indicator device to see if any door is open on my iphone.

Hope that helps.

@interpid, I used your recommendation LUA code and just created a single scene for my locks three locks (can be modified for sensors) and in the scene events tab added a open and closed event for each device and then used the following LUA:

-- Find the status of multiple locks
local Lock1State=luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:DoorLock1","Status",26)
local Lock2State=luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:DoorLock1","Status",27)
local Lock3State=luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:DoorLock1","Status",78)
if (Lock1State == "0") or (Lock2State == "0") or (Lock3State == "0") then luup.call_action("urn:upnp-
-- Set Virtual Switch to "Off" because one switch is not locked and exit the scene
org:serviceId:SwitchPower1","SetTarget",{ newTargetValue="0" },85)
 return false
end

In the command tab, I set the virtual device (85) to "ON", (could have done same using LUA after return false command). Seems to work great thanxs for pointers. Mike
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 04:23:02 pm by Michael_N_Blackwell »
Edge-1.7.2607, VRI06-1LX Dimr (6), VS05-1LX Sw (4), GE ZW3002 Dimr (1), HA01C Outlet (12), HA02C Sw (6), HA04C Sw (4), GE Sw (2), HA05 Sw (3), MiniMote Contr (5), HSM200/100 Sensor (2), ZW100A Sensor (8), Nest thermostat (1) & Protect Fire/CO (6) Kwikset Locks (3), F18918W (1) & IP3M-9 (6) Cam's