Author Topic: Beta testers (Old Post see above))  (Read 8769 times)

Offline TimAlls

• AllSeas Yachts
Beta testers (Old Post see above))
« on: May 04, 2011, 03:54:34 pm »
EDIT:
This is an older post.....please see the above post to get the latest software download!
END EDIT.....
I am looking for some experienced Vera users to test some utility programs that I wrote in Labview. You will have to install the Labview 8.0 run time engine which i can link you to... Then you can run my executables. The first test is a utility that reads A Vera JSON file and builds tables of all your dimmers, security zones, and scenes that are on your system. It reports current values as well as the associated IDs which is really nice to have.....press a button and it generates a report in HTML that you can print out.
Let me know if you want to help.....I will be using this program to build a generic touchscreen interface....I need one more week on that one.
Regards
Tim Alls
AllSeas Yachts
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 09:20:43 pm by TimAlls »

Offline mikea9999

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Brave new beta testers needed.....
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 04:35:28 pm »
I would like to test.

Offline TimAlls

• AllSeas Yachts
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 04:51:26 pm »
Here is the first utility program....
The Labview 8.0 runtime engine had to be installed first....more to come on that on....I am checking on a place to post it.
After that just unzip and run....no installations required.
Regards
Tim Alls
AllSeas Yachts

*Don't forget to enter the IP address from your Vera...mine is set as a default
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 04:54:19 pm by TimAlls »

Offline TimAlls

• AllSeas Yachts
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 05:43:11 pm »

Offline mikea9999

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 05:44:26 pm »
Downloading now...

Offline mikea9999

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 06:07:22 pm »
GUI display working and reporting values correctly.  No HTML report is generating when I hit hit the button.

Offline TimAlls

• AllSeas Yachts
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 06:14:36 pm »
No HTML report.....
Make sure that you have the run button (Green button top left) pressed so that it runs continuously....otherwise it just runs once and cannot generate the report.
This is a quicky program and needs more devices added for other users.
I need a copy of the Json from someone using more types of devices....then I can add them in.
Regards
Tim

Offline fdebuck

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2011, 07:09:39 am »
Hmmm,

as I'm working on Macs with OSX (10.5.x and 10.6.x), it seems that I can not use the compiled program. If I could get the source code and a compiler for Mac I would be able to test this.

Are you planning to keep working in LabVIEW or do you want to switch to another language eventually ?

Frederik.

Offline kosuke

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2011, 10:57:57 am »
I downloaded your executable and the Labview runtime engine and installed both with no problems. I ran your program with my system and it all worked well, including the generation of a html page.

I'm new to the Vera world but am a programmer. I haven't ventured into Luup yet, but plan to as I think I will only get the custom flexibility I want in my setup via scripts. Your program should be of a help.

Let me know what I can do to help in the way of testing. But so far, your program ran as expected and will be helpful to me as I start my Luup programming.

Thanks.
Kevin

Offline TimAlls

• AllSeas Yachts
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2011, 11:02:23 am »
Are you planning to keep working in LabVIEW or do you want to switch to another language eventually ?
I am trying to learn other languages but it is hard to find time being a small business owner and family man!
If someone has the programing experience everything I am doing can be easily duplicated. I can take snapshots of the code and explain it so that all one has to do is replace what they are seeing visually with a coded version.
My current goal is to produce something similar to SQRemote for a touchscreen computer. I will have a generic dimmer panel available in a few days. The code I just posted is the building block for the system....it will query Vera and build a data base of labels and devices that can be assigned to UI controls.
@Kevin.....I am glad it is of help.....I am working on a LuupCode generator as well....I will keep you posted ....
More to come...
Regards
Tim Alls
AllSeas Yachts

Offline TimAlls

• AllSeas Yachts
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2011, 06:29:50 pm »
Needs testing.....file attached
This is the first step in the generic dimmer program....set the IP address to your Vera under the system tab.....I will be setting up a way to save your configuration on my next chunk of code.
I will be assigning dimmers on the next version....this one is for testing and takes them in the order they came.
I need feedback on the possible screen layouts....needs to be simple like me!
EG ....dimmers and scene buttons all on one tab....let me know
Regards
Tim

Offline ballroller

Re: Beta testers needed for dimmer panel
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2011, 10:35:53 pm »
Ran your dimmer program. The dimmer GUI is basic, but works just fine. I don't have any problem with it at all.

On the reporting program, a number of my nodes did not show up on either the GUI or the HTML.

Offline TimAlls

• AllSeas Yachts
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2011, 11:25:39 pm »
My program currently only parses scenes, dimmers, and security zones. These are the only devices on my system. I will add more when I get a copy of someone's JSON output that include more categories. Let me know if you can help!
Tomorrow I will post an updated dimmer program with Scene buttons......more to come.
Regards
Tim

Offline ballroller

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2011, 11:44:48 pm »
If you tell me how to copy my Json, I will be happy to send it to you. (I'm pretty basic when it comes to this stuff!)

Offline TimAlls

• AllSeas Yachts
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2011, 12:12:34 am »
@ballroller,
I will add an export feature to my code to make it easy.
I will post it mid day tomorrow.
Thanks,
Tim