We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: UI4: IR controlled devices not available in remotes  (Read 20507 times)

Offline MCV.Eugen

Re: UI4: IR controlled devices not available in remotes
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2011, 09:00:15 am »
The issue was identified and fixed. The fix will be available in the next firmware release.

Offline OtisPresley

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2011, 09:55:44 am »
Thanks for the update.  Is there any estimated time frame for the next release?  Please let all involved know that I am now turning tech support off again on my unit.

The issue was identified and fixed. The fix will be available in the next firmware release.

Offline MCV.Eugen

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2011, 10:13:30 am »
We are currently evaluating the opportunity to release another UI4 firmware with the current bugfixes. If this will not be feasible, the fix will be available in the first UI5 release. We cannot hotfix this and the workaround would be a bit tricky to implement by users.

Offline OtisPresley

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2011, 10:24:56 am »
I suppose I will use whichever comes out first since I have owned the GC-100 since April and still cannot use it.

We are currently evaluating the opportunity to release another UI4 firmware with the current bugfixes. If this will not be feasible, the fix will be available in the first UI5 release. We cannot hotfix this and the workaround would be a bit tricky to implement by users.

Offline crookers13

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2011, 04:24:50 pm »
same here only its the usb-uirt i haven't been able to use  :)
glad the updates coming though.
I suppose I will use whichever comes out first since I have owned the GC-100 since April and still cannot use it.

Offline OtisPresley

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2011, 12:37:55 pm »
So, this is fixed partially.  IR devices do show up and can be selected to send commands to under the remote tab of a scene after the patch; however, the scene still never reflects that there is a remote in it (it says Remote: no on the edit settings tab), and it does not redirect to the remote control page in the Smartphone Web interface when you click "Go" for the scene.  The developers are looking into it.  We are getting closer!

Offline Richard

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2011, 09:29:53 pm »
I'm waiting for this to be fixed too.  When it's working I'll post a luup plugin for some Pioneer Ethernet connected receivers.  (there isn't really any point posting it now as you can't do much without the Vera fix)

Offline OtisPresley

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2011, 11:04:14 pm »
That would be cool.  I have been holding off on all my code writing until they fix it too.

Offline OtisPresley

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2011, 11:11:41 am »
Well, I am no longer getting any updates in response to my email queries for status.  It might be better if everyone who is having this problem opens a ticket of their own on it, and then maybe we can get some focus/updates on when we can expect a fix for this.  This issue appears to be treated as a very low priority for the developers, which is completely crazy.  We have an advertised feature here that is completely broken, and development on things like UI5 seem to be more important to them.

Offline crookers13

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2011, 05:55:43 am »
Its so frustrating that like you said they have a advetised feature that you can't use. Their answer seems to be to buy an apple product and use the sq blasster?
Thats not really a fix for the problem if you don't have any apple products and don't want to waste 175 pounds on an ir blaster when i already have a usb-uirt that works perfectly fine with the universal remote control program on my laptop.
To be perfectly honest mi casa verde and vera is absolute rubbish, I bought it thinking it would be easy to use and thast it would do what it said in the advert which it doesn't.
They need to make the remote control function work or its a pointless box that just does basic z wave control (unless you can script) the adverts are mis-leading, the support absoloutly terrible and their priorities are totally going in the wrong direction.
Get working what you're telling people is working then start trying to update it. Mi casa verde has lost my custom and i would never reccomend vera to anyone trying to get into home automation. There are a lot better products out there that are fully functioning, do what they advertise and have good support. My advice would be save a little extra money and forget vera altogether.

Offline OtisPresley

« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2011, 10:08:52 am »
Yes, it is extremely frustrating.  I won't be using Vera much longer ether if this doesn't get fixed soon.  This functionality was one of the main reasons I went with Vera in the first place, and over 3 months later it still doesn't work.  This venture has actually limited me.  I bought products that were advertised to work with Vera.  Now if I switch, I have to find something that works with all the products I bought.

Offline JamesM

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2011, 01:53:49 pm »
Was this issue resolved? I am in the process of adding TCP/IP commands for controlling the Logitech revue and think this is part of the problem.
Vera2- UI4 1.1.1350 / 3.20 | SQ Blaster | 5 ICS Android Tablets - AutHomation | 28x GE 45606 switches  | 2x LFM-20 (Fireplace;Garage Door) | 1x hardwired Everspring SM103-1 |3 NorthQ, 1 Foscam IP cameras | Kwikset Locks | ..Not enough time to program  :'(

Offline OtisPresley

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2011, 02:01:50 pm »
No, it wasn't.  I don't even know if it is being worked on at this point, because I have not heard anything since 8/3 and that was that they don't have any news.  I think in another 2-4 more weeks, I am going to ditch this product and go with HomeSeer.  I cannot stick with a company that takes this long to fix an advertised feature.  In another week, it will have been a full 5 months since the problem was reported.  They should get together with Syabas who makes the PopBox.  This type of product support and product immaturity is the same reason I stopped using their product after a year and built a Home Theater PC.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 02:04:24 pm by OtisPreslsy »

Offline alexlui

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2011, 11:07:30 am »
Hi,

Is the problem resolved after upgrading firmware to 1163
Vera2 (UI5), Vera3 (UI5), Vera Edge, Vera Plus

Offline OtisPresley

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2011, 12:14:52 pm »
Hi,

Is the problem resolved after upgrading firmware to 1163