Author Topic: Sub Forums setup for "Scene Scripting" and "Plugins & Plugin Development" added  (Read 7619 times)

Offline guessed

• Master Member
  • Release compat is not a bolted-on afterthought
Folks,
I've setup some sub-categories for Scene Scripting and Plugins & Plugin Development, to start segmenting the traffic in this area of MCV's Forums.

• Scene Scripting - Posts related to the usage of Luup to automate Scenes with Vera/MiOS
  • Plugins & Plugin Development - Posts relating to Creating new Plugins, and the Publication & usage of existing ones.

Plugin owners can begin to move their Plugin posts into the new Plugins & Plugin Development sub-forum.  I've started to move a few of the ones I'm involved in, but figure others will migrate there over time.

Please move these without creating "MOVED" requests, or we'll be inundated with a lot of MOVED: Posts...

The main Forum will remain for all other questions that don't directly fall into these categories, along with the bulk of the history (unless those thread owners chose to classify them...)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 11:48:24 pm by guessed »

Offline futzle

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
Great idea.  It doesn't look like I can move the topics that I created, so I'll have to ask an admin to do it for me...

Offline Henk

• Beta Testers
Good idea Guessed, and i concurr with futzle!

I was thinking we should do the same for bugtracking? After all, MCV must spend hours sifting through our posts filtering out whats a bug and whats not right?

i have the impression there is a bugtracking list, but
a) as a noob i dont know where it is yet (@ wiki?).
b) im not sure its so easy for users to file a bug there.

BTW, as a newbie i cant even change my own profile (yet?) to add an avatar and/or signature, let alone move posts without going to the cut/paste/delete process.

What can we do to help?

Regards,

Henk
| Vera2 @ UI4 1.1.1350 / 3.20 | Vera Lite @ UI5 | Vera 3 @ UI5 | 2x Merten  504519 | 1x Duewi  064374 | 1x Everspring SM103 doorbell mod |1 Y-cam IP cam | various LUUP plugins |

Offline guessed

• Master Member
Great idea.  It doesn't look like I can move the topics that I created, so I'll have to ask an admin to do it for me...
Sorry about that Futzle! I've added a bunch of folks now as Moderators for the parent Board (Luup & Development) so they can move things around as needed. 

I've included you on that list, but may have missed others as I only scanned code.mios.com for contributors.

Folks can PM me if I've missed them out from the list, and would like to be added.

Offline oTi@

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
i have the impression there is a bugtracking list, but
a) as a noob i dont know where it is yet (@ wiki?).
Bugs are tracked with Mantis over here.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 09:30:56 am by oTi@ »
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline Henk

• Beta Testers
Folks can PM me if I've missed them out from the list, and would like to be added.
[/quote]

I'd love to be able to PM anybody (if needed of coure), but my account wont let me...(yet? ;-))
| Vera2 @ UI4 1.1.1350 / 3.20 | Vera Lite @ UI5 | Vera 3 @ UI5 | 2x Merten  504519 | 1x Duewi  064374 | 1x Everspring SM103 doorbell mod |1 Y-cam IP cam | various LUUP plugins |

Offline guessed

• Master Member

I'd love to be able to PM anybody (if needed of coure), but my account wont let me...(yet? ;-))

PM'ing capability kicks in once you're out of Newbie status, as do a bunch of other Forum functions, so we can cutdown on the spammers.  They were doing a TON of account creation [daily] for Link promotion purposes.

Offline Henk

• Beta Testers
i understand, ill wait until im out of quarantine ;-)

Till then ill do my best to learn and understand Vera, its software and architecture as well as try to contribute as meaningfull as i can.

Thx