Author Topic: Touchscreen Interface for Vera...download  (Read 73593 times)

Offline Henk

• Beta Testers
Re: Touchscreen Interface for Vera...download
« Reply #120 on: July 05, 2011, 03:58:44 pm »
Hi Tim,

One found (and reproducable) bug.
The dimmercontrol on the control panel "flickers"
When a second dimmer is added, the first "stabilizes" and the second one starts to flickr.

Henk

PS, cant wait to see the cam functionality!!!

Hi All,
I have been bogged down at work and unable to play....but things are slowing down now!
Henk, Give me the latest bug report abd I will start working on them.
Minnies, I never really intended this to be used remotely.....what is the application you need this for....just curious
I don't have it setup to access through MIOS but I can look at adding it in if enough people want to use it that way.
Let me know....
Regards
Tim
| Vera2 @ UI4 1.1.1350 / 3.20 | Vera Lite @ UI5 | Vera 3 @ UI5 | 2x Merten  504519 | 1x Duewi  064374 | 1x Everspring SM103 doorbell mod |1 Y-cam IP cam | various LUUP plugins |

Offline TimAlls

« Reply #121 on: July 06, 2011, 03:21:22 pm »
Hi Henk,
I will see if I can reproduce the bug.....how many dimmers do you have?
Regards
Tim

Offline Henk

• Beta Testers
« Reply #122 on: July 06, 2011, 04:02:33 pm »
Hi Tim,

Thats the strange thing... I have NO dimmers....

What i do have are the new Merten sunscreen controllers (also showing a non functional dimmer bar by the way) that i cant select as dimmer either.

Need my json?

Hi Henk,
I will see if I can reproduce the bug.....how many dimmers do you have?
Regards
Tim
| Vera2 @ UI4 1.1.1350 / 3.20 | Vera Lite @ UI5 | Vera 3 @ UI5 | 2x Merten  504519 | 1x Duewi  064374 | 1x Everspring SM103 doorbell mod |1 Y-cam IP cam | various LUUP plugins |

Offline virginian

« Reply #123 on: August 10, 2011, 05:11:25 pm »
Tried to install Touchscreen on my Windows PC but after requesting my Vera' IP came with the Read Error. Is there any error log to look for the error details?

How about IP address in the footer?

It's different from my Vera's IP.

HTTP/1.1
Accept: text/javascript, text/html, application/xml, text/xml, */*
Accept-Language: en-us
x-prototype-version: 1.7_rc1
Referer: http://192.168.81.1/cmh/
x-requested-with: XMLHttpRequest
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Host: 192.168.81.1
Connection: Keep-Alive
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 06:14:47 pm by virginian »

Offline TimAlls

« Reply #124 on: October 05, 2011, 06:32:15 pm »
Hi Everyone...
I get dozens of downloads a day on this software and I am wondering how it working out for you!?
I no longer use the Vera due to it's unpredictability in a commercial application and I have switched to a Leviton Serial Module to send and receive ZWave commands.....works perfect and very simple.
I will, however, try to update this software if any serious bugs appear so keep me informed!
Thanks
Tim Alls
AllSeas Yachts

Offline ballroller

« Reply #125 on: October 05, 2011, 09:12:40 pm »
Hi Tim,

Nice to hear from you again! I thought you were busy. Didn't realize you had abandoned the poor and featureless... ;D

I use your interface almost exclusively to turn on and off switches, change thermostat values, and almost everything but actual scene production. It's a wonderful piece of software that is really easy to use.

I do have a question, though. On the analog reporting, my graph seems to be the inverse of the items chosen to it's right. Is this user fixable?

If your software could write scenes, I wouldn't probably need the Vera UI.....

Sorry to hear you've abandoned Vera, but I understand. You're selling a product and it has to be reliable. I wish you well in your yacht sales....

Thanks again!

PS. Tell us how you're using the Leviton Serial Module you mentioned. And what controls IT?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 09:16:07 pm by ballroller »

Offline jackpot

« Reply #126 on: October 06, 2011, 11:33:02 am »
Hi Tim,

[ "I have switched to a Leviton Serial Module to send and receive ZWave commands.....works perfect and very simple." ]

Would sure like to know more about the Leviton Serial Module and the setup your using. How about letting us know more about it. I am considering getting one to send serial commands to the module from external hardware and am wondering how the module integrates with a Vera. I realize you probably are not using a Vera but your insight would be helpful.
Thanks
Vera 3....1.5.622

Offline TimAlls

« Reply #127 on: October 09, 2011, 09:44:47 am »
Hi Tim,

[ "I have switched to a Leviton Serial Module to send and receive ZWave commands.....works perfect and very simple." ]

Would sure like to know more about the Leviton Serial Module and the setup your using. How about letting us know more about it. I am considering getting one to send serial commands to the module from external hardware and am wondering how the module integrates with a Vera. I realize you probably are not using a Vera but your insight would be helpful.
Thanks
The Leviton Serial interface is a very basic module and very easy to use. It has a RS232 port and the module plugs in your wall. The commands are simple compared to Vera .....usually 3 or 4 bytes of text and the commands go out! You use simple little commands to read ZWave modules as well.
 I discovered is that ZWave dimmers are slow to respond so I use two modules.....one to send and one to poll the modules. The units are cheap and it gives me a backup module. So I send outgoing commands to one module and run an update poll on the second modules giving me great response time to the system. As for interfacing with Vera.....
Someone like @guessed could give advice on sending and receiving serial information from the Leviton interface.
........it can be done but I am unclear as to what the benefit would be. It is the slow response from Vera and occasional "hangs" that make the system unpredictable. If, for example, a dimmer is not responding then Vera hangs up on the outgoing scene commands......you will see 3 second responses or even longer which for my wife or my clients is enough delay to make the user feel the system isn't working. The other consideration is your ZWave Grid.....once a Vera is introduced it becomes a part of the grid. What I discovered is that dimmers look to the Vera as an active part of the Grid and sometimes map there commands through the Vera. Because of this if Vera is pondering over things due to no Internet or what ever then the scene delays popup again.....it is the same as a dead node on the network!
The one thing that I am clear on is that a fast working system has to be carefully designed.....for example watch out for single bulbs on a single dimmer. If that bulb fails then even the Leviton Scene and Zone controllers slow wayyyyyyyyyyyyy down and make you thing something is broke!
I love the idea of ZWave but in my world it has to work immediate and every time. Truthfully I am still looking for a better lighting system due to inherent design flaws in the ZWave Grid.
I love the idea of the Vera but it has proven to be more of a toy for my home and not a commercial device.
I hope that helps.....I can give you the command PDF for the Leviton Serial interface if you want to dig deeper.
Regard
Tim Alls
AllSeas Yachts

Offline TimAlls

« Reply #128 on: October 09, 2011, 09:54:10 am »
Hi Tim,

Nice to hear from you again! I thought you were busy. Didn't realize you had abandoned the poor and featureless... ;D

I use your interface almost exclusively to turn on and off switches, change thermostat values, and almost everything but actual scene production. It's a wonderful piece of software that is really easy to use.

I do have a question, though. On the analog reporting, my graph seems to be the inverse of the items chosen to it's right. Is this user fixable?

If your software could write scenes, I wouldn't probably need the Vera UI.....

Sorry to hear you've abandoned Vera, but I understand. You're selling a product and it has to be reliable. I wish you well in your yacht sales....

Thanks again!

PS. Tell us how you're using the Leviton Serial Module you mentioned. And what controls IT?
I will take a look at the graphing function and get back to you.....it's been a while since I wrote the code so I will have to refresh my memory!
In regards to scenes.......I am adding the creation of scenes to my software in the near future......I need it as well. My thinking is that you set up the dimmers the way you like them and press a "create" button and it will prompt you for a name. that's it!
The scenes will be created with the visible dimmers you have and not all your dimmers so that grouping is automatic.....I hope that make sense. Let me know your ideas on scene creation, I always hated that Vera makes you go through so many steps.
Check out my previous post for more information on the Leviton Serial Module.
More to come.....hope your doing well!
Regards
Tim Alls
AllSeas Yachts

Offline therealabdo

« Reply #129 on: October 24, 2011, 05:28:07 am »
Hello All,

I want to thank you for this amazing program

Anyway, everything is working till now with me except for the Motor Control Switches, i have a shutter control which is cant be seen by your program, i have tried to look for a post regarding this matter but i couldnt find any

thnx

Offline TimAlls

« Reply #130 on: October 25, 2011, 12:59:34 pm »
Hello All,

I want to thank you for this amazing program

Anyway, everything is working till now with me except for the Motor Control Switches, i have a shutter control which is cant be seen by your program, i have tried to look for a post regarding this matter but i couldnt find any

thnx

Just curious what category number do the switches fall under?
Regards
Tim

Offline therealabdo

« Reply #131 on: October 26, 2011, 03:50:10 am »
I didn't understand what do u mean by category number..U know i am new to this technology :)
anyway i am controlling this device via Vera using D_WindowCovering1.xml

Offline Ap15e

• Beta Testers
« Reply #132 on: October 26, 2011, 03:59:08 pm »
http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Luup_UPNP_Files#Device_Categories

Install LSI to get a list of your devices, check the column 'Cat' on the LSI 'Devices' tab.

Offline therealabdo

« Reply #133 on: November 01, 2011, 05:12:45 am »
thank you for your reply

actually its cat is 8

Offline TimAlls

« Reply #134 on: November 04, 2011, 05:46:33 pm »
I currently do not have controls to support Cat 8......sorry!
Tim Alls